Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
AXELGREASE

Asymetrical matches

13 comments in this topic

[WOLFD]
Members
841 posts
6,804 battles

So, one game in, and I can see there is no way 8 T5/T6 ships can win vs 5 T8s.

The six T5 cruisers folded so fast from T8 BB fire it was ridiculous.  It took one volley for most of them and then they were no more.  I had smoke and it took 2 volleys to kill me in smoke.

3 T8 BB + 1 T7 DD and 1 T7 cruiser  Vs 1 T6 BB, 1 T6 CL, 6 T5 CL and 1 T5 DD.  This was a slaughter, there was zero chance we could win.

It sounded good, but in practice it was a total waste of time.  T5 and T6 CL are useless against T8 BB that can get multiple citadels from any angle they hit you on. 

If we had had 5 BBs instead of 1 we may have had a chance, but the T5 cruisers died so fast it was not funny. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,973 posts
4,946 battles
12 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

T5 and T6 CL are useless against T8 BB that can get multiple citadels from any angle they hit you on. 

So who is to blame if  you bring the wrong tool to do the job?

You know a lot of Seal-clubber wannabes will queue in T8 BBs precisely to munch on low tier cruiser citadels... yet you bring them food...

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,082 battles

I have been using 5, 6 and 7 ships the most since the start. Winning isn't difficult unless the team plays very stupid and the opponents don't. I gave up on the tier 8 since it seems it doesn't matter how well the team plays the larger opposing force easily kicks butt.

@ArIskandir I think I torped you (FF) in a match yesterday.

[SALVO]
Members
5,973 posts
4,946 battles
37 minutes ago, Mudd_H_F__XX said:

I have been using 5, 6 and 7 ships the most since the start. Winning isn't difficult unless the team plays very stupid and the opponents don't. I gave up on the tier 8 since it seems it doesn't matter how well the team plays the larger opposing force easily kicks butt.

@ArIskandir I think I torped you (FF) in a match yesterday.

Oh it was you that torped my Ognevoi. I made a sudden throttle forward, we won easily so no harm done :Smile_playing:

Next time don't torp "through" a DD smoke, we are constantly playing with the throttle because we expect torps, but from the "front" side :Smile_veryhappy:

• Haha 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,816 posts
28,151 battles
1 hour ago, AXELGREASE said:

The six T5 cruisers folded so fast from T8 BB fire it was ridiculous.  It took one volley for most of them and then they were no more.  I had smoke and it took 2 volleys to kill me in smoke.

3 T8 BB + 1 T7 DD and 1 T7 cruiser  Vs 1 T6 BB, 1 T6 CL, 6 T5 CL and 1 T5 DD.  This was a slaughter, there was zero chance we could win.

It sounded good, but in practice it was a total waste of time.  T5 and T6 CL are useless against T8 BB that can get multiple citadels from any angle they hit you on. 

If we had had 5 BBs instead of 1 we may have had a chance, but the T5 cruisers died so fast it was not funny. 

Too many CL's on the low tier team.  The low tier team's best chance is if they have 4 or so torpedo DDs so that you can overwhelm the BBs.  And as good as a tier 8 DD might be, it can only be one place at any given time, whereas 4 low tier DDs can spread out and start spamming torps from different angles.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,310 posts
6,380 battles
8 hours ago, AXELGREASE said:

Dear Dude Excel Grease! I guess you know Goltz, Me, I'm one... No, the awesomest CV player. Well... Now grinding CV mine, MY ship is the Parsival, so I play the upper team. Always win. Simply drop fighters and fly around the reds. Team mates will shell the pigs one after the other. Later stage, Me, I, will sunk the rest. Am I a genius? In this case no...

... Higher tiers, longer ranges, etc... Asymmetric is fun, but once your game style is biased, it's boring.

Goltz, The Pig.

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,488 posts
9,765 battles
10 hours ago, AXELGREASE said:

Low tiers ships are for sure disadvantaged in this mode, but it's definitely possible to win and I've seen it happen quite a few times.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,212 posts
19 hours ago, AXELGREASE said:

Check out the following post with multiple examples of low tier teams "spanking" high tier teams.

Spoiler

On 9/9/2020 at 11:14 PM, ArIskandir said:

I prefer to call it a spanking

mk385WY.jpg

eJumpBa.jpg

Urb6B6C.jpg

This game mode is stupidly fun... when there are no bots.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
5,973 posts
4,946 battles
35 minutes ago, C14Alpha said:

Check out the following post with multiple examples of low tier teams "spanking" high tier teams.

Reveal hidden contents

You are making me blush bro...

Tho indeed, the low tier team has a fair chance to win if they play smartly.

• Cool 1

[WOLFD]
Members
841 posts
6,804 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 5:10 PM, Crucis said:

Too many CL's on the low tier team.  The low tier team's best chance is if they have 4 or so torpedo DDs so that you can overwhelm the BBs.  And as good as a tier 8 DD might be, it can only be one place at any given time, whereas 4 low tier DDs can spread out and start spamming torps from different angles.

While I agree, that is too many CLs on the low tier side, I do not make MM choices.  It is not like I picked the whole team, MM did that for me.  If this is the kind of matches you get it is a pointless game mode!  The recommendation of me bringing 4 or 5 low tier DDs is out of my capability.  

[SALVO]
Members
5,973 posts
4,946 battles
20 minutes ago, AXELGREASE said:

While I agree, that is too many CLs on the low tier side, I do not make MM choices.  It is not like I picked the whole team, MM did that for me.  If this is the kind of matches you get it is a pointless game mode!  The recommendation of me bringing 4 or 5 low tier DDs is out of my capability.  

You can always guarantee bringing one. Tho, it's too late now... It's too late.:Smile_bajan2:

Edited by ArIskandir

Sign in to follow this