Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Saxon29

zao observation bridge upgrade

12 comments in this topic

[1CVDV]
Members
235 posts
11,870 battles

fellow captains,i just purchased the zao.i am interested in putting observation bridge upgrade in slot 6 for better accuracy and range I believe it improves.i looked in armory and could not find.i see it is highlighted in red in the wiki for some reason or another.as I am writing this I forgot about unique upgrade mission which now that I think about it is probably where it is at....sowith that being said if any captains have it installed please give me your opinion on it.thanx,sax29.

[RST]
Members
565 posts
11,855 battles

If you just got Zao then I believe the only way to get the observation bridge (legendary module) is to pay for it in the research bureau.  Formerly there were missions to grind through and earn it, but I think that option ended back in March so if you didn't get Zao before that date the option to earn via a grind progression through missions is also gone.  And even those who have those options have only until end of 2020 to complete them.

[MHG]
Members
91 posts
4,107 battles

The Unique Upgrades have been moved to the research Bureau. Once you have 5 tier 10 ships, you'll have access to the tab in the armory and ability to reset lines to earn research points. 

[1CVDV]
Members
235 posts
11,870 battles

thanks for the info gentlemen.at the moment I only have 4 t10's in my port.only need a few thousand xp and I will buy the mino.that will give me 5.with that a few doors will open for lack of a better word..lol.thanks again sax29..

[DOG]
Members
1,222 posts
12,686 battles

What's annoying is that it's hard to find out specifically what each upgrade actually does.  I had a fair number of tier X ships before the cut-off to grind them without the Research Bureau.  But if you go to the combat missions screen for unique upgrades and roll over to get the pop-up that describes what it is, it only has a very vague description.  And with these things, the devil is definitely in the details, since most of them have massive trade-offs that make taking them iffy at best.  And the specifics have apparently either been removed from Wiki, or buried somewhere:

image.thumb.png.dac98f544f5975f2150199fa4ab3c254.png

Okay, so then you click on the link for the Research Bureau and then find the bit below and click on the link below that says "Special Upgrades":

image.thumb.png.d53f6b18b30832dd7958ca6f66e5f89c.png

This then takes you right back here:

image.thumb.png.e61881364cf4965a84bc55e9a14154e4.png

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
6,663 posts
12,133 battles
15 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

What's annoying is that it's hard to find out specifically what each upgrade actually does.  I had a fair number of tier X ships before the cut-off to grind them without the Research Bureau.  But if you go to the combat missions screen for unique upgrades and roll over to get the pop-up that describes what it is, it only has a very vague description.  And with these things, the devil is definitely in the details, since most of them have massive trade-offs that make taking them iffy at best.  And the specifics have apparently either been removed from Wiki, or buried somewhere:

image.thumb.png.dac98f544f5975f2150199fa4ab3c254.png

Okay, so then you click on the link for the Research Bureau and then find the bit below and click on the link below that says "Special Upgrades":

image.thumb.png.d53f6b18b30832dd7958ca6f66e5f89c.png

This then takes you right back here:

image.thumb.png.e61881364cf4965a84bc55e9a14154e4.png

Should be right below it.

image.thumb.png.10b85a7cfab40b811581638716f1ec89.png

[WOLF3]
Members
28,878 posts
25,114 battles

IMO, don't waste your time with her Legendary.  It used to be good with that Rudder Shift improvement while giving additional accuracy and some range but not anymore as it got nerfed.  The main draw was the improved rudder giving much needed agility when kiting.  IJN Cruisers were not reknown in this game for their agility, so her old Legendary was a great blessing with some small offensive improvements.  This is exactly why WG nerfed the hell out of it.

Now you are better off with either GFCS2 or MBM3 in its place.  I demounted my Zao Legendary when the nerf went into effect.

Zao is already extraordinarily accurate, not like other Non-IJN Heavy Cruisers.  So the Legendary doesn't have much appeal anymore.  You were already slapping on ASM1 in Slot 3 to begin with.

[A while back WG buffed the IJN Heavy Cruisers to have "Zao Dispersion."]

Legendary fitted Zao

17.53km range, 13.7 seconds reload

GFCS2 fitted Zao

18.83km range, 13.7 seconds reload

MBM3 fitted Zao

16.2km range, 12 seconds reload

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[DOG]
Members
1,222 posts
12,686 battles
40 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

Should be right below it.

image.thumb.png.10b85a7cfab40b811581638716f1ec89.png

D'oh!  I guess I win the "Duh Award" today.  Didn't notice the buttons to expand them.  Thanks.

[5D7]
Members
150 posts
7,989 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

IMO, don't waste your time with her Legendary.  It used to be good with that Rudder Shift improvement while giving additional accuracy and some range but not anymore as it got nerfed.  The main draw was the improved rudder giving much needed agility when kiting.  IJN Cruisers were not reknown in this game for their agility, so her old Legendary was a great blessing with some small offensive improvements.  This is exactly why WG nerfed the hell out of it.

Now you are better off with either GFCS2 or MBM3 in its place.  I demounted my Zao Legendary when the nerf went into effect.

Zao is already extraordinarily accurate, not like other Non-IJN Heavy Cruisers.  So the Legendary doesn't have much appeal anymore.  You were already slapping on ASM1 in Slot 3 to begin with.

[A while back WG buffed the IJN Heavy Cruisers to have "Zao Dispersion."]

Legendary fitted Zao

17.53km range, 13.7 seconds reload

GFCS2 fitted Zao

18.83km range, 13.7 seconds reload

MBM3 fitted Zao

16.2km range, 12 seconds reload

I stand by this chap. I acquired the mod back when it was grindable mostly due to the maneuverability improvement(Achilles heel), ship has a ridiculously large turning circle and that reaction time did a lot to make it a better kiter. It used to be the most accurate ship in game till the introduction of soviet engineering feats, so it really sees no real profit from enhancements in that dept. I have played the reload improvement spec and while cool it increases the already long long turret turning time. The range upgrade is the most universal and friendly build, if you are more confident on positioning and escape tactics the reload boost is nothing to laugh about as you can citadel plenty of ships and land most shells in salvo on desired target.

[1CVDV]
Members
235 posts
11,870 battles

thanks again gentlemen for your input was useful and heeded as I will be installing the extra range in slot 6 and be done with it.thank you all who responded...sax29

Sign in to follow this