You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Legio_X_

So let me get this straight

72 comments in this topic

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles

I'm FORCED to regrind lines to get enough Research Points to get the unique upgrades for the Yamato? No other way? 

*rolls eyes*

• Cool 2
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 5
  • Meh 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
349 posts
8,609 battles

Yep i'm not a fan of been forced to play things i don't want to, so i can play things i want to. best thing you can do man is pick a line of ships you like and play a game each day and slowly grind lines that way. I use the US DD line most ships are decent.

On the other hand the legendarys are not a big deal for most ships anyway, so don't force yourself to do it.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,123 posts
11,075 battles

Also remember that the unique upgrades are intended as side grades and not direct improvements. Whenever one of them is powerful enough to make running it clearly optimal, they're going to get nerfed. Several already have.

Members
1,821 posts
27,214 battles

Can't be forced to do a voluntary thing..... unless you're dealing with the IRS, of course.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 3

[UN1]
Members
1,295 posts
4,049 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 5:27 AM, Legio_X_ said:

I'm FORCED to regrind lines to get enough Research Points to get the unique upgrade for the Yamato? No other way? 

*rolls eyes*

You're not forced to do anything. Stop being dramatic. 

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 2

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles
1 minute ago, Ranari said:

You're not forced to do anything. Stop being dramatic. 

If you want the legendary Yamato module, yes you are forced to regrind ship lines. Don’t try and sugar coat it.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[UN1]
Members
1,295 posts
4,049 battles
Just now, Legio_X_ said:

If you want the legendary Yamato module, yes you are forced to regrind ship lines. Don’t try and sugar coat it.

If it were coal, you would be "forced" to spend coal. If it were FXP, then you would be "forced" to spend FXP. I don't see how this is any different. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,592 battles
1 hour ago, Legio_X_ said:

I'm FORCED to regrind lines to get enough Research Points to get the legendary module for the Yamato? No other way? 

*rolls eyes*

Legendary modules are just an option, but they never make any enhancement without giving up something else.

The Yamato drawback is that the turret traverse is slower. That is not good if you turn a lot because that leaves you vulnerable.

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts

I'm FORCED to regrind lines to get enough Research Points to get the legendary module for the Yamato? No other way? 

*rolls eyes*

Yes! Welcome to the world of the World of Warships Community - where unless you play the modes and do the things WG wants you to, you.....don't matter.

To obtain full access to everything on offer, please ensure you do as you're told. :Smile_teethhappy: :Smile_honoring: 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[BTLST]
Members
686 posts
10,761 battles

I believe  Legio_X_ was simply pointing out a trend I've noticed of Wargaming making changes that, are not obligatory but certainly compel players to "regrind" lines to access certain ships and such.    Personally, it is alien to me to have worked as hard as I did grinding up to Tier 10 my various lines, expended all those funds and then to get a ship I really want sell-off at 1/2 price all those ships and start the grind all over again.    Now Legendary Upgrades, which took a lot of work to obtain before, are being moved into the Research area as well.    I love this game, thoroughly enjoy playing it, even as a below-average player.   BUT I WILL NOT be manipulated into regrinding and I applaud Legio_X_ for speaking out.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
349 posts
8,609 battles
9 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

Legendary modules are just an option, but they never make any enhancement without giving up something else.

The Yamato drawback is that the turret traverse is slower. That is not good if you turn a lot because that leaves you vulnerable.

Why is it always coop players comming on the forums telling people how things are... Yama's legendary is one of the best and any body who knows anything about bb's will want it for there ship. yama is a long range sniper its made for it, longer turret traverse does not mean much at all to it.

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,456 posts
27 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

Then if you decide.... DECIDE..... to regrind, that is your decision... no one is forcing you...

Its not Like I'm telling you that if you want to BUY a ship, You MUST do this that or the other.... simply, you'd say its not worth it and not do it...

ERGO, no one is forcing you... but, I admit, it makes it sound VERY dramatic.... I cannot wait for part two where you claim someone is actually FORCING you to play the game.....

• Cool 2

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
349 posts
8,609 battles
26 minutes ago, Ranari said:

If it were coal, you would be "forced" to spend coal. If it were FXP, then you would be "forced" to spend FXP. I don't see how this is any different. 

Because he does not want to have to regrind content he has already.... you get FXP and COAL playing what ever you want. It was better to be able to play the yama to get the yama legendary.

• Meh 1

[WULUF]
[WULUF]
Members
1,456 posts
2 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

Why is it always coop players comming on the forums telling people how things are... Yama's legendary is one of the best and any body who knows anything about bb's will want it for there ship. yama is a long range sniper its made for it, longer turret traverse does not mean much at all to it.

BEFORE the new changes, I earned the T10 US DD... and then decided to earn the LM for it... which I did.... then concluded it was a waste of time so sold it... regrets, NONE at all.

BTW, I'm tired of mostly NON Co-Op players like you moaning about things to do with Co-Op and having to put up with hundreds of threads about what they think is wrong with Random and MM ....

So stop with the insults... everyone is allowed an opinion.... right?

• Cool 3

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
349 posts
8,609 battles

Yes they are but someone who farms bots in 4 mins games all day telling someone that the legendary for the yama is bad is not a very good opinion. anyway going to bed gla have fun

Edited by EraserNZ1

[KSC]
Members
861 posts
11,473 battles
44 minutes ago, Legio_X_ said:

You were FORCED to get the XP to buy the Yamato.  You were FORCED to get the credits to buy the Yamato.  You are FORCED to pay the service charge every time you take her out.

It's a free-to-play game.  The grind is part of the experience to keep people motivated to log in.

---

Edit:  You do slowly accrue Research Points via the daily missions now... so you can save them up like Coal and just do it that way in however many months.

Edited by Ahskance
  • Boring 1

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
604 posts
12,383 battles

Technically you are NOT forced to regrind. You can get RB points from daily mission once you unlock RB

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[THICC]
Beta Testers
983 posts
6,879 battles

I wouldn't worry about legendary modules very much.  Once upon a time, several of them were pure improvements over standard modules.  Now, they're pretty much all sidegrades, most of which are not worth the grind.

[YORHA]
Members
5,203 posts
10,372 battles

Back in late 2015 I wanted to play this game I had heard about called World of Warships and I was FORCED to download it.

What's up with that?

• Cool 3
  • Haha 1

[TRU]
Members
711 posts
20,632 battles
24 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

Back in late 2015 I wanted to play this game I had heard about called World of Warships and I was FORCED to download it.

What's up with that?

Lol.

There is no question that it is a stretch to say that you are forced to do anything in this game.  I mean, it is optional to even install, log in, play, go for challenges etc.

Where I can agree with the OP is that there are some tasks that seem to be too grindy (the PR sticks out to me still).  But, at the end of the day even though I WANTED another tier 10 ship, I weighed the cost/benefit and decided to forget about it.  Too much time and in the PR's case, too much money as well.  

[WOLFG]
Members
11,198 posts
10,466 battles
31 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

What's up with that?

That's nothing.

Do you know what you are forced to do to have a child?

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
22,452 posts
16,322 battles

If you want the legendary Yamato module, yes you are forced to regrind ship lines.

If you want the Yamato itself, you are forced to grind. If you don't want to play the rest of the IJN BB line, you are forced to grind out a shipload of FXP on other ships to jump to her. You can buy the credits, but you cannot buy XP and you cannot buy FXP without first having elite commander XP stored up from grinding.

5 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

Where I can agree with the OP is that there are some tasks that seem to be too grindy (the PR sticks out to me still).  But, at the end of the day even though I WANTED another tier 10 ship, I weighed the cost/benefit and decided to forget about it.  Too much time and in the PR's case, too much money as well.  

I got to the point where I could have had her for 25K dubs. My wife was so enthralled with the dockyard she said I should do it, but I thought it was too much gold to sink into the one ship. (I realized too late that if I'd tried a little harder I could have had her for 15K and that would have been a steal, but that one's on me: I'd set myself a goal to win the Gorizia to get her doubloon value back and achieved it, then I let myself slack off.)

2 minutes ago, Merc_R_Us said:

YUP. You're even FORCED to play the game in order to navigate ships! It's FREAKING WILD bro.

WG, you so evil. :Smile_veryhappy:

The only Legendary Mod I have accessible to me through playing the game is Minotaur's. I think I've had that ship for close to a year and I'm nowhere near to finishing it yet; still got 39,000 base XP or something like that to go. I simply don't care if I get it done or not.

[WOLFG]
Members
662 posts
14,131 battles
2 hours ago, Legio_X_ said:

*rolls eyes*

I will remove the Legendary Module from my Yamato and sell it to you for the low price of $199.99 US. :cap_like::etc_red_button:  I got it via the mission, which I was "FORCED" to grind through 5 steps to get it. 

Edited by Colonel_Potter