Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
iDuckman

The forum is terribly slow

15 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

4,708
[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,139 posts
4,766 battles

DDNS attack or something?  It's taken 30 seconds to refresh a page at times, and most forum-hosted pics just give up with a 504 Gateway Timeout.

As best I remember, Saturday and all day Sunday.

@Hapa_Fodder

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,671
[WORX]
Members
11,933 posts
19,479 battles
6 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

DDNS attack or something?  It's taken 30 seconds to refresh a page at times, and most forum-hosted pics just give up with a 504 Gateway Timeout.

As best I remember, Saturday and all day Sunday.

@Hapa_Fodder

Np problems here ducky... You know what I am going to recommend..

  • 5 min cold shutdown of your
    • PC
    • Modem
    • Router...
  • Make sure your Cache is cleared from your broswer
  • Make sure you dont have any fire walls permissions where you dont need them

This usually clears it..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,255
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,538 posts
24,645 battles

I am having problems with the forum too. Very slow to load, thumbnails and pictures will not load, and using "quote" does not always work. I thought it was just my home computer, cleared the cache and still no improvement. Got to work and it is still messed up so probably not a computer issue. WoT forum working just fine, only issues with WoWS forum.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles

OOPS.  SRY!  That was just me trying to download the new MS simulator dealie.  The internet should be back online in about 30 hours.   :P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
359
[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
349 posts
8,582 battles
14 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

OOPS.  SRY!  That was just me trying to download the new MS simulator dealie.  The internet should be back online in about 30 hours.   :P

if your download is slow for MS sim do this https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015761760-Slow-download-speed

my download speed was super slow and this made the game download like 40x faster

Edited by EraserNZ1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
2 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

if your download is slow for MS sim do this https://flightsimulator.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015761760-Slow-download-speed

my download speed was super slow and this made the game download like 40x faster

Thanks!  It's actually a bit past tense for me.  Currently on an approach to ZSPD!  Loving it!

That net change definitely helps a bunch.  In my case, upgrading my internet up to third world standards was kind of the key.   I never thought to check before!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,029
[WOLFG]
Members
11,115 posts
10,350 battles
6 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

I am having problems with the forum too. Very slow to load, thumbnails and pictures will not load, and using "quote" does not always work. I thought it was just my home computer, cleared the cache and still no improvement. Got to work and it is still messed up so probably not a computer issue. WoT forum working just fine, only issues with WoWS forum.

Same here.  The quote function doesn't work until the forum accounts for all the photos that aren't working.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

I noticed it too. It looks like it depends on what server you hit for thumbnails or uploading. It seems one or more does not have TLS 1.3 (or 1.2). I was playing with it and had to drop to TLS 1 (no, I'm not leaving it there) to get images to load.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,226
[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,252 posts
14,691 battles

Yeah,

I am getting reports that the forums are moving SUPER slow for some.

I myself am having this issue on my desktop. Already doing some digging.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,029
[WOLFG]
Members
11,115 posts
10,350 battles
3 hours ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

Yeah,

I am getting reports that the forums are moving SUPER slow for some.

I myself am having this issue on my desktop. Already doing some digging.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

whatever you did appeared to have helped.  It looks like the images are back, and it doesn't spin forever.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,255
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,538 posts
24,645 battles
2 hours ago, DrHolmes52 said:

whatever you did appeared to have helped.  It looks like the images are back, and it doesn't spin forever.

I agree, everything seems normal now too. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,664 posts
42,334 battles

Yep, forums are slow. About a 10 second delay on my device. It's usually instantaneous.

I got 6 satellites bouncing this past that verizonk crap, so it's on their end.

I may have to dispatch War Rocket 🚀 Ajax again. I think the chainsaw squirrels are at it again. They must be running around the server room and stashing their nuts because squirrels know servers are"precious"  to humans. A great place to store nuts.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,000
Members
5,510 posts
10,669 battles
23 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Odd. I had no problems over the entire weekend. 

Neither did I - much more likely that is it ISP or a locational/routing issue than an issue with the forums itself.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×