Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mephiztopheleze

Encouraging lower tier play.....

12 comments in this topic

[ANZ4C]
Members
117 posts
9,621 battles

It appears that WG wants us to play lower tiers instead of exclusively the higher tiers.
If this is the case, then I have to wonder why the Daily Missions are all Tier V-X. If you actually want us to play Tier II-IV, then have these tier matches count towards our dailies.

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
348 posts
8,580 battles

I hate they trying to make must play lower tiers, its so aids with all the low tier cv seal clubbers.

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
348 posts
8,580 battles
4 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Population is going down... Adding bots to low tiers helped.

What would help is giving low tier ships AA and stop the 3 cv's per team crap at low tiers. I bet so many new players rage quit around tier 4-5 because of it.

• Cool 1

[ARC]
Members
1,046 posts
11,340 battles
48 minutes ago, Mephiztopheleze said:

It appears that WG wants us to play lower tiers instead of exclusively the higher tiers.
If this is the case, then I have to wonder why the Daily Missions are all Tier V-X. If you actually want us to play Tier II-IV, then have these tier matches count towards our dailies.

They wanted veteran players not to seal club newbies. Getting a 19-point captain and putting it in ships like St. Louis or Clemson was a thing in 2016/17. Some players playing thousands of battles in tier 3 and 4. That's the reason Daily Missions are limited to tier V and above.

Well, we are now in 2020, but I think it will be very rough for new players if WG allows Daily Missions to be done in lower tiers. Some people will still put their 19-point captains in ships lole Storozhevoi, V-25 and Izyaslav

[WORX]
Members
11,920 posts
19,472 battles
36 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

What would help is giving low tier ships AA and stop the 3 cv's per team crap at low tiers. I bet so many new players rage quit around tier 4-5 because of it.

This will add to the power creep problem.. I recommend scaling down the CV;s Disproportional DMG output.

Edited by Navalpride33

[ANZ4C]
Members
117 posts
9,621 battles

limiting CVs to one per team would be a great start, and not just at low levels. I'm getting a little sick of facing 2x T-VIII CVs when I take out a T-VI DD.

• Cool 1

Members
997 posts
1,387 battles
On 9/14/2020 at 3:52 AM, EraserNZ1 said:

What would help is giving low tier ships AA and stop the 3 cv's per team crap at low tiers.

Poor Bogatyr, true. But I have not seen a post about 3 CV's per team since May.

On 9/14/2020 at 4:23 AM, hanesco said:

Well, we are now in 2020, but I think it will be very rough for new players if WG allows Daily Missions to be done in lower tiers. Some people will still put their 19-point captains in ships lole Storozhevoi, V-25 and Izyaslav

I am getting close to a 10-point Captain in the USS South Carolina & USS Smith because I play them so much.

[ARC]
Members
1,046 posts
11,340 battles
1 hour ago, black_hull4 said:

Poor Bogatyr, true. But I have not seen a post about 3 CV's per team since May.

I am getting close to a 10-point Captain in the USS South Carolina & USS Smith because I play them so much.

If you play that much, it doesn't matter. Just your experience in that particular ship will make it difficult for newbies to outplay you. A 10-point or 19-point captain would be icing on the cake.

Edited by hanesco

Members
997 posts
1,387 battles
14 hours ago, hanesco said:

Just your experience in that particular ship will make it difficult for newbies to outplay you.

Not to mention the USS Smith shares several characteristics with ships like V-25, Campbeltown, & Clemson, so it might "radiate" (?) some of the skill. I have them all btw.

Members
949 posts
2,321 battles

This is good. They should encourage lower tier play more. They barely make lower tier ships now. Some people prefer earlier era ships than the higher tiers. Bothers me this preference is considered "seal clubbing" by some people. Newbies should be at the high tiers if they choose, experienced players should be at the low tiers if they choose the best way for a sustainable game is where it makes sense to develop content for all your tiers not just the last few. 

[-H-]
Members
210 posts
6,448 battles

I've stopped playing low tiers because of ships like the Kamikaze.  They absolutely farm the lower tiers and rack up such ludicrous averages its made it nearly unplayable. 

Sign in to follow this