You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ozzyray69

Sap for Russian DD

17 comments in this topic

Members
21 posts
13,603 battles

Wow just looking thru tech tree and saw an upcoming Russian DD is getting SAP rounds. You talk about bias, What about Italian BB's that in reality had SAP rounds. Instead you offer us a copy of an average tier 8 just with pretty camo.  WOW Wargamming is all i can say unavailable.

Edited by ozzyray69
misspelling
  • Confused 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,604 posts
4,223 battles

Uh, you mean Paolo Emilio? That's Italian. And it's T9.

There are no upcoming Russian DDs announced except R-10 which does not have SAP.

• Thanks 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,355 battles
26 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

Just what we need, more RUSSIAN power creep. :Smile_facepalm:

FTFY

Members
3,669 posts
42,633 battles
1 hour ago, Navalpride33 said:

Have you seen the Dev blog Umi?? The Fatsos are getting more capabilities..

You mean, the fatso's are getting them back. Ask any Alpha tester and they can confirm this.

[WORX]
Members
12,074 posts
19,529 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

You mean, the fatso's are getting them back. Ask any Alpha tester and they can confirm this.

On-top of what they can already do, that is what I was referring too.

• Thanks 1

[PVE]
Members
7,341 posts
23,226 battles
2 hours ago, ozzyray69 said:

Wow just looking thru tech tree and saw an upcoming Russian DD is getting SAP rounds. You talk about bias, What about Italian BB's that in reality had SAP rounds. Instead you offer us a copy of an average tier 8 just with pretty camo.  WOW Wargamming is all i can say (unavailable)<---I think you meant unbelievable? Maybe?

Uhm:

2 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

Uh, you mean Paolo Emilio? That's Italian. And it's T9.

There are no upcoming Russian DDs announced except R-10 which does not have SAP.

Any comment on that OP?

I haven't been able to play for awhile but I don't recall being able to look up upcoming ships in the tech tree...has that changed?

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Members
1,112 posts
4,792 battles

It's Sunday. 

It's. Quacking. Sunday.

There's no devblog on Sunday. WHO on Earth would come up with that?  SAP on RU DDs. Next thing you tell me, there's a Royal Navy Smolensk coming.

( Oh wait... )

-Shrayes

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,604 posts
4,223 battles
16 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I haven't been able to play for awhile but I don't recall being able to look up upcoming ships in the tech tree...has that changed?

If you have the extended tech tree mod you can see the ship, and I think at least some of the stats.

I'm just confused how the OP confused the Italian tree with RU line, especially with a name like Paolo Emilio. I guess some people really want to believe in rampant Russian bias.

• Cool 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,784 posts

it might be named SAP-42 on the R-10 but mechanically it is an AP shell. actual SAP rounds on the RM ships are listed as such.

210638733_Screenshot2020-09-14161549.png.fad82b4d6feeff6808c1b526836bb34b.png

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,355 battles
9 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Have you seen the Dev blog Umi?? The Fatsos are getting more capabilities..

No, I had better find out what I don't know!

[KAG]
Members
75 posts
10,805 battles

I'm really confused as to how the OP managed to confuse Paolo Emilio with a Soviet destroyer. Like, I know people in this game really like to believe in non existent Russian bias, but this is kind of ridiculous. Unless you're referring to DD-R10's armor piercing shell, which is named SAP-42 and is the same shell used by Grozovoi and Smolensk. However this is not a SAP shell. It's an armor piercing shell. Khabarovsk's armor piercing shell is named SAP-46. No ships in the game besides Italian cruisers, Paolo Emilio, and the upcoming battleship Impero have SAP shells. So basically only Italian ships get them.

Edited by MitoUchiha
  • Cool 2

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,977 battles

A clanmate of mine made a very good point.  The reason why the Russian ships seem so strong is that they were designed for a video game and not for actual warfare, because most of them didn't actually exist.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,420 posts
9,664 battles
56 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

A clanmate of mine made a very good point.  The reason why the Russian ships seem so strong is that they were designed for a video game and not for actual warfare, because most of them didn't actually exist.

Agreed. The ones that existed are no slouches, but there's definitely a difference between them and the paper.

Members
729 posts
10,107 battles

The Russian DD AP ammo was SAP in real life, but it's treated as AP in game. They aren't the only ships like that. Akizuki & co. even have AP for guns that historically only ever had HE.

54 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

Every Russian ship in the game is based on a real design by a period ship designer, although some are modified. The ships that were actually designed for a video game are things like Hindenburg, Henri IV, Marceau, Republique, Georgia, Agir, Shikishima. Pretty good variety of power level there.

If you wanted to list the best tier 10 ships by class, the list would include Des Moines, Salem, Worcester, Daring, Smaland: pretty good representation for ships that were built irl.

[KAG]
Members
75 posts
10,805 battles
57 minutes ago, WernerHerzdog said:

The Russian DD AP ammo was SAP in real life, but it's treated as AP in game. They aren't the only ships like that. Akizuki & co. even have AP for guns that historically only ever had HE.

Every Russian ship in the game is based on a real design by a period ship designer, although some are modified. The ships that were actually designed for a video game are things like Hindenburg, Henri IV, Marceau, Republique, Georgia, Agir, Shikishima. Pretty good variety of power level there.

If you wanted to list the best tier 10 ships by class, the list would include Des Moines, Salem, Worcester, Daring, Smaland: pretty good representation for ships that were built irl.

Small correction. Shikishima is the design A-150 battleship that was being developed by Japan by the time the war ended. But since most of its blueprints were destroyed, WG basically just had to assume that it was more or less a Yamato with late war AA and 510 mm guns, which the design included.