You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Systemlord_1

Feel like I'm being cheated on by the matchmaking.

16 comments in this topic

Members
95 posts
7,000 battles

I'm coming to a breaking point of just giving up on World of Warships because of the horrible matchmaking,. what is going on with the matchmaking system that I got to lose 18 times in a row?

It's not even a close match, it's always a slaughter with the red team losing little to no ships at all and the green team completely wiped out which goes on for several hours.

Edited by Systemlord_1
  • Cool 3
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles

18 is hard to believe and remember that the reverse will happen although maybe not in a solid chunk but you will have periods where you are winning far above your average WR. It evens out in the end and next time take a break or go to co-op long before you get to that many as the frustration of losing will lead to you pushing too hard and making mistakes.

[WORX]
Members
11,964 posts
19,495 battles
40 minutes ago, Systemlord_1 said:

I'm coming to a breaking point of just giving up on World of Warships because of the horrible matchmaking,. what is going on with the matchmaking system that I got to lose 18 times in a row?

It's not even a close match, it's always a slaughter with the red team losing little to no ships at all and the green team completely wiped out which goes on for several hours.

Since we dont have the team detailed, report.. I am going to assume, player error.

Members
95 posts
7,000 battles
8 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

It evens out in the end and next time take a break or go to co-op long before you get to that many as the frustration of losing will lead to you pushing too hard and making mistakes.

I'm always the last one alive or I'm carrying the team, but the losses pile up. I took a break and came back, still losing consistently so now I'm DONE!

Next time I will post the victory/losses for all to see.

Edited by Systemlord_1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles
7 minutes ago, Systemlord_1 said:

I'm always the last one alive or I'm carrying the team, but the losses pile up. I took a break and came back, still losing consistently so now I'm DONE!

Next time I will post the victory/losses for all to see.

You are at a 51% WR over 117 games, well above your average, from the 9th through today. I think you are focusing on the losses while ignoring the wins.

Members
675 posts
9,419 battles

Losing streaks happen, just like win streaks.

Over time the good teams and bad teams should balance out.

Would you be in here complaining if you had won 18 in a row?

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,261 posts
16,587 battles
3 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

well above your average, from the 9th through today. I think you are focusing on the losses while ignoring the wins

thinking if you can be more gentle on the OP ... very fragile you know!

But, then again

TRUTH HURT!

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

thinking if you can be more gentle on the OP ... very fragile you know!

But, then again

TRUTH HURT!

Some times that is the best medicine.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,261 posts
16,587 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

Some times that is the best medicine.

reminded me of a movie with Tom Hank, and the quote

"YOU CANT HANDLE THE TRUTH"

But to the topic,

OP don't focus on the mm, focus on the battles you had done either bad/worse or enjoyable, at the end of the day, you played the game.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

But to the topic,

OP don't focus on the mm, focus on the battles you had done either bad/worse or enjoyable, at the end of the day, you played the game.

I probably could have been a bit less harsh but the OP is playing about his average and like it always seems with these posts they only noticed the losses while being blind to the wins.

[GWG]
Members
7,300 posts
14,089 battles
10 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

But to the topic,

[GWG]
Members
7,300 posts
14,089 battles
5 minutes ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

oppss, it Tom Cruise

my bad!

Jack Nicholson for President  !!!!    ....   oh wait....

[FEB-M]
Members
55 posts
4,685 battles

Broken like this, (1 Human + 8 BOTS) vs (5 humans)...

Just check the scores....  
image.thumb.png.98573d601b4e2ba75ac75f28e59fc11c.png

[FRR]
Members
820 posts
On 9/14/2020 at 3:31 AM, Systemlord_1 said:

In my experience, player moves and decisions ultimately decide if a particular battle will be a resounding victory or a quick and easy win for the enemy team.

I tried matchmaking monitor for a while, and there were times we won despite us having a lower Average Damage, Win Rate, etc. There were also times the opposite happened.

Things I've seen that made me realize the only thing I have control is how much damage I can inflict on the enemy:

1) Teammates who detonate because they did not have that signal flag.

2) DDs that don't spot for the team.

If I remember it correctly, I had ten (10) straight defeats, then I stopped because it was frustrating. The next day, I had eight (8) straight wins. All random games.