Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hukom

Asymmetric Coop

6 comments in this topic

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

I had the misfortune of being the only non-bot on a T6 team. I pre-announced I was going to have to just farm damage.  Red team thought it was pretty humorous, right up until they actually lost! (Suprised me too!).

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,805 posts
28,064 battles

I've only played 2 battles of Asymmetrical, but I have some thoughts.

From my limited experience as well as comments here on the forum, it seems that Asymmetrical is very difficult to balance as a PvP mode even in the best of circumstances.  However, I'm thinking that perhaps it would make for a good coop mode.

I could see Asymmetrical having two sub-modes.  One where the player team is top tier, and the other where the player team is bottom tier.  I don't know if Asymmetrical Coop should be a selectable mode, or if it should be a battle mode (i.e. like standard, domination, or epicenter) where if you're at the right tier you might end up on one side or the other.

Members
707 posts
11,912 battles

It really is like playing randoms. If you are bottom tier and end up with a lackluster team, it's over pretty quick. If you get coordinated and play to your strengths, you can mess them up. I have been grinding out a 19pter on Arizona and was quite suprised at the dumb moves some high tier teams have done. They go broadside, I can kill them at range. They do have the advantage of radar, and if they have a cv that's any good you are done though. I'm still ROFL at last game where I drove a Vlad, Edi, Oland out of a cap with the Az. Some just don't know what to do when things start getiing up close! (Disclaimer, I was already beat up and planned to take one with me, wasn't expecting a full retreat!)

Members
3,648 posts
42,267 battles

That's awesome. Sometimes, overconfidence leads to MPD.

Massive Potatus Derpis, a serious condition of not seeing the impending Doom that comes from underestimating a single player.

Maybe you should call yourself John Rambo. :cap_rambo:

• Funny 2

[CVA16]
Members
5,864 posts
18,016 battles

Asymmetrical might work BUT only if the green team is all human. Green bots rarely play as well as red bots so the chance of  steamroll defeat skyrockets.

Sign in to follow this