You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Diesel_Thunder

Co-op only applies for one stage in a set of combat missions? Really?

97 comments in this topic

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,424 battles

Co-op players get screwed again :fish_palm:. Because including all players just doesn't make any sense apparently.

coop screwed again.png

Edited by Diesel_Thunder
  • Cool 7
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 4

Members
3,664 posts
42,517 battles
7 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

Co-op players get screwed again :fish_palm:. Because including all players just doesn't make any sense apparently.

coop screwed again.png

It could be a mistake, but you could check.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts

The inclusion of PVE in missions is so random and often "oh hey you can get the first stage but then..." that I've pretty much given up on Hapa being able to get more done for Co-op.  I'm sure he's trying, but I'm also sure that HQ is somewhere between not caring, and actively giving the middle finger to PVE mains.

• Cool 7

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,424 battles
1 minute ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

It could be a mistake, but you could check.

No mistake there. That's a set of three missions with the ability to earn 2 KotS containers. I finished the first stage of 1,111 ribbons, which is co-op achievable. My first battle after completing that stage was a battle in my Des Moines, where I dished out 158k damage. That's when I noticed that the co-op was not included on the 2nd and 3rd mission. The battle before that was finishing out the ribbons mission with Midway.

shot-20.09.13_12.19.21-0808.jpg

shot-20.09.13_12.17.57-0599.jpg

[WOLFO]
Members
594 posts
5,491 battles

nor do they apply in Asym. Which is all I am doing because of the other mission set. I only have one set of arms, WeeGee. Broaden the applicable match types, please.

• Cool 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
342 posts
10,441 battles

I guess according to the all-mighty spreadsheet Random players are the only ones that watch KoTS.

• Cool 1

[CHBK]
Members
1,041 posts
3,938 battles

I mean frankly I think its down to the fact they dont want things to be "too easy" to get.  Some missions are significantly more difficult to accomplish in randoms, than co-op.

i.e. remember for the exeter I needed like 20 citadel hits for a mission.  In randoms that likely would have taken me a lot of games.  I did it in 3, in co-op (just drove right up to and broadside of bot cruisers and dumped AP into their side, every volley, multiple cits.

Members
3,664 posts
42,517 battles
2 minutes ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

No mistake there. That's a set of three missions with the ability to earn 2 KotS containers. I finished the first stage of 1,111 ribbons, which is co-op achievable. My first battle after completing that stage was a battle in my Des Moines, where I dished out 158k damage. That's when I noticed that the co-op was not included on the 2nd and 3rd mission. The battle before that was finishing out the ribbons mission with Midway.

shot-20.09.13_12.19.21-0808.jpg

shot-20.09.13_12.17.57-0599.jpg

Okay. I guess KOS is SOL and FOS. Then again, it's probably because it's a jab at co-op players I suppose. I am not sure it's the case. Just an observation of recurring theme by KOS.

I wouldn't worry too much about it. If a customer walks in the store with raggedy clothes and the salesperson assumes that that customer is not really buying anything, then the store just offers a small selection with the presumption that the customer will accept it rather than something of significant value.

But if that customer is just wearing filthy casual clothes and likes looking like that because it's comfortable, and they actually would like something significant in value, then the salesperson just lost a customer.

I guess if you want WG to fix it, you can ask about it. But you can also just not watch KOS.

The more co-op players don't watch KOS and the players in the clans also protest in this way, it will go a long way to making all things equal.

Because competition breeds ill will all the time. Where as team work doesn't.

KOS is supposedly the epitome of team play by the best of the best. But the moment such competitors are caught up in the controversial issue of co-op players, they either sit on the fence or say: "it's co-op."

Yet KOS is actually players cooperating with each other to play as a team.

You can't deride co-op players and play co-op to win KOS. That is a serious contradiction.

Either KOS is selfish farmer league of extraordinary players or co-op. Which is it?

Because co-op players probably would like to play the missions.

KOS clawing in to themselves that: "you can only have these, but these are mine." Well, that never gets old. It's a club OP. And unless you pay the fee, you are not included.

Exclusion. How did that get by in 2020?

This year is still full of surprises.

I wonder what will happen in December and next year.

I hope WG carefully considers the issues set forth here. It bears some consideration.

Pros are only as good as the advertisement. Once nobody watches, you cease to be a pro.

• Confused 1

[SIMP]
Members
1,610 posts

The Science of Victory campaign is like this.

You can complete 9 out of the 10 Stages in with Co-op play, but the final 10th Stage is PvP only.

It's completely intentional on Wee Gee's part thinking they can trick/force PvE players into PvP matches simply to finish the requirements. You know what Wee Gee? It makes me want to spend LESS money on your game everytime you pull stunts like this.

Edited by capncrunch21
  • Cool 7
  • Confused 1

[GRAVE]
Members
1,413 posts
19,903 battles
7 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

I've got anther mission that includes co-op and operations, its for ships T8-10. :Smile_facepalm:

Don’t worry comrade, Cherry Blossom, Hermès, and Dynamo are returning at the very soon date of never

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[RVNHQ]
Members
342 posts
10,441 battles
7 minutes ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

I mean frankly I think its down to the fact they dont want things to be "too easy" to get.  Some missions are significantly more difficult to accomplish in randoms, than co-op.

Normally I would agree since the final reward of completing the collection is a random tier VII premium.

However, it's not "too easy" to complete. It requires you pay attention for two KoTS tournaments for limited access mission codes ( which you still need to complete ) and drops.

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,424 battles
11 minutes ago, Gemlin said:

Solution : Select RANDOMS and play a few

Yeah, that ain't happening anytime soon. And that is not a "solution" to the problem of WG excluding players.

• Cool 5

[USCC2]
Members
6,274 posts
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The inclusion of PVE in missions is so random and often "oh hey you can get the first stage but then..." that I've pretty much given up on Hapa being able to get more done for Co-op.  I'm sure he's trying, but I'm also sure that HQ is somewhere between not caring, and actively giving the middle finger to PVE mains.

^^This^^

How many times guys lol - WG don't give a shizzle. This was either intentional, or yet another 'mistake' (how many of those has there been, or will there be, before people realise they aren't mistakes? Hell, this is been going on over 2-3 years 'Oops sorry, we made another mistake' :Smile_facepalm:).

In the end the only way you will be included is by playing what WG wants you to play, if you don't - then you don't matter. Best thing to do is realise that and decide how long you can keep playing without it eating away at you. :Smile_honoring:

Edit: Don't you snivel sailor (emoji), shape up or ship out! lol

Edited by _WaveRider_
  • Cool 1
  • Sad 1

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
112 posts
10,439 battles

There are Clans made of just players that play PVE I guess they have to go without, pushing them to play Randoms, Asymmetric....etc.  Co-op should be a option included in every mission.  They say these are ""COMMUNITY EVENTS"" but from what i have seen over the years that isn't so.  Community is all players as a whole.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,630 battles

They keep trying to make it look like they are including PvE, but it's clearly rubbish in the end.

• Cool 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
3 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

This is strange because this is the mission that I got:

image.thumb.png.0cc28c1ade306c4cac2dadc97ee1c1a8.png

There's another one that gives you three FTW camo for the first stage, which can be done in Co-op, and then switches to PVP only.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,338 posts
26,841 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

There's another one that gives you three FTW camo for the first stage, which can be done in Co-op, and then switches to PVP only.

Okay, that makes sense.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
8,433 posts
12,375 battles
1 hour ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I'm also sure that HQ is somewhere between not caring, and actively giving the middle finger to PVE mains.

im sure if everyone knew how to send WG's HQ an email, we'd all collectively send them a photo of us giving them the finger as well, i know i would

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,513 posts
14,829 battles

The required tier range is more off putting for me than the random/ranked requirement.

• Meh 1

[GOB]
Members
2,513 posts

One would think that Random Mains would be fine with all of the missions also being doable in COOP.

That way none of the  " Bad" COOP mains will flood Randoms to work on them and lower their " Skill Levels "

Most common gripe I see in Randoms are about their horrible teams ( mostly from dead guys ) so wouldn't this be a win win ??

• Funny 1

[-K-]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,505 posts
9,785 battles
3 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

Because including all players just doesn't make any sense apparently.

Exactly right, it doesn't. Co-op is much easier.

And even then, as I'm looking at my two KOTS mission chains, I see that a total of 4 out of 6 missions do allow co-op. Complaining about the missing two is just entitlement.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 12

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
On 9/13/2020 at 4:08 PM, vak_ said:

Exactly right, it doesn't. Co-op is much easier.

And even then, as I'm looking at my two KOTS mission chains, I see that a total of 4 out of 6 missions do allow co-op. Complaining about the missing two is just entitlement.

And there goes the ad hom, right on queue cue. 

:Smile_smile:

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1