Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Chief_SeaDog

Time limits on campaign?

7 comments in this topic

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,802 battles

doing the new campaign and now I have to wait to get to the next step. I do not ever remember campaigns having to wait to progress. It is getting ridiculous how they will not allow players to play through a Campaign. I have completed all of them and never had to wait to continue. Just because its new it should still be run like every other campaign. So we should just wait so everyone can finish at the same time? Do the Dev have control issues anymore? Why can't they just let players play?

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,802 posts
20,313 battles

Time staged campaigns is nothing new, they've been doing that eversince the one that awarded Graf Spee IIRC?

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,802 battles
4 minutes ago, Lert said:

Time staged campaigns is nothing new, they've been doing that eversince the one that awarded Graf Spee IIRC?

Campaigns are different criteria or at lease I believe so or at least they were. Events like the dockyard having to wait gives no motivation, Then If I do the Yamato Campaign, I have to wait to progress each stage? Campaigns (not events) have never had a time restriction.

[SALVO]
Members
25,883 posts
28,240 battles
29 minutes ago, Chief_SeaDog said:

Campaigns are different criteria or at lease I believe so or at least they were. Events like the dockyard having to wait gives no motivation, Then If I do the Yamato Campaign, I have to wait to progress each stage? Campaigns (not events) have never had a time restriction.

Actually, they have had time restrictions.  I don't like them time restricted, but it's not a new thing.

Two campaigns that I remember being time restricted are the Steel campaign from 2-3 years back, and the Duke of York campaign. 

[-A-8-]
Members
513 posts
20,660 battles

I seem to remember MrConway/Crysantos saying on one of the official streams that some things, such as the April Fools/Easter event, didn't happen this year due to other things in development (subs was one of them) taking up a lot of their time. I think it's why we're seeing events like the dockyard lasting 2 patches and time gates on things like the new campaign. They're trying to put content in that people can be working on but want to drip feed it out so people don't just blast their way through.

On the plus at least it's a permanent campaign and not a 6 month one like the Strong-Willed one is.

[SOCOM]
Members
660 posts
23,802 battles
23 hours ago, wildgooseman said:

Yes,  you are right, Why let players have fun and play on. 

Edited by Chief_SeaDog

[KAPPA]
Members
3,119 posts
8,857 battles
On 9/13/2020 at 2:39 PM, wildgooseman said:

I seem to remember MrConway/Crysantos saying on one of the official streams that some things, such as the April Fools/Easter event, didn't happen this year due to other things in development (subs was one of them) taking up a lot of their time. I think it's why we're seeing events like the dockyard lasting 2 patches and time gates on things like the new campaign. They're trying to put content in that people can be working on but want to drip feed it out so people don't just blast their way through.

On the plus at least it's a permanent campaign and not a 6 month one like the Strong-Willed one is.

But every single campaign ever released has been time gated ever since the inception, unless I'm forgetting some exception to this norm. It's just that they are so rarely added anymore that it's easy to forget. Only one I can think of that I'm unsure if wasn't time gated or not was the steel campaign one could buy way back.

Sign in to follow this