You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
monpetitloup

fire chance calculations

9 comments in this topic

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles

140 hits, 2 fires.

Chappy fire chance: 8%

so statistically how many fires should i have set?

image.thumb.png.960738ec136ed923c16935639513f070.png

oh by the way there's a fire starting mission on:

image.thumb.png.d6a65b159bc132b8daf5c08749e8c729.png

coincidence?

but seriously what are the real calculations/chances because i should buy a lottery ticket to get streaks of rng of that nature right?

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,802 posts
20,313 battles

The higher the tier of the ship you're shooting at, the higher the innate fire chance reduction. Up to 50% for tier 10 ships IIRC.

Plus, high tier ships often run survivability builds with reduced fire chance and reduced fire locations

Plus, hitting a section that's already on fire can't cause another.

• Meh 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,887 posts
25,140 battles

Fires are too RNG and I didn't like relying on them to do all your work.  Not to mention Repair Party could heal back 100% of Fire damage.  It's why there's that BB that got away from all the HE + Fire Spam, then comes back later with all the Fire damage healed back by Repair Party.

The higher in tier you go, ships have a better innate Fire Resistance.  In addition, upgraded hulls have better resistance than stock ones.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire#Fire_Resistance

Not to mention Fire Prevention trait, DCSM1 upgrade reduce the chances of a Fire being set on the ship.

I remember having Atlanta games with DE trait, having 600+ hits and getting only 1-2 fires.

I have had Conqueror games with a bunch of hits and with the same deal, only 1-2 fires.

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
27 minutes ago, Lert said:

The higher the tier of the ship you're shooting at, the higher the innate fire chance reduction. Up to 50% for tier 10 ships IIRC.

Plus, high tier ships often run survivability builds with reduced fire chance and reduced fire locations

Plus, hitting a section that's already on fire can't cause another.

this was coop. i guess we dont know if they have captain builds. and none of them were on fire, that's why i'm asking lol, the other ships were either shooting ap or were not getting fires either.

• Haha 1

[1984]
Members
4,482 posts
21,506 battles
14 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Fires are too RNG and I didn't like relying on them to do all your work.  Not to mention Repair Party could heal back 100% of Fire damage.  It's why there's that BB that got away from all the HE + Fire Spam, then comes back later with all the Fire damage healed back by Repair Party.

The higher in tier you go, ships have a better innate Fire Resistance.  In addition, upgraded hulls have better resistance than stock ones.

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Fire#Fire_Resistance

Not to mention Fire Prevention trait, DCSM1 upgrade reduce the chances of a Fire being set on the ship.

I remember having Atlanta games with DE trait, having 600+ hits and getting only 1-2 fires.

I have had Conqueror games with a bunch of hits and with the same deal, only 1-2 fires.

i agree, but i'm chasing the fires for the mission. it was a coop match so not sure about the captain builds/modules. any insight on that?

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
57 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

140 hits, 2 fires.

Chappy fire chance: 8%

so statistically how many fires should i have set?

image.thumb.png.960738ec136ed923c16935639513f070.png

oh by the way there's a fire starting mission on:

image.thumb.png.d6a65b159bc132b8daf5c08749e8c729.png

coincidence?

but seriously what are the real calculations/chances because i should buy a lottery ticket to get streaks of rng of that nature right?

Good question, I have a video on my youtube channel Meta_Man2002 that is about fire chance % they give vs what you actually get...its a pretty close estimate.....some games higher or lower but my formula is pretty close.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,887 posts
25,140 battles
1 hour ago, monpetitloup said:

i agree, but i'm chasing the fires for the mission. it was a coop match so not sure about the captain builds/modules. any insight on that?

You can do a ship / build with your typical emphasis on setting fires.  DE trait and there are some Signal Flags that give a minor boost to Fire chances.  But some ships' HE have high Fire Chances to begin with, i.e. FR Cruiser, IJN Cruiser, most Battleships, etc.

If you got 3 people shooting at a bot BB superstructure, you're competing with them in setting Fires.  All ships are divided onto quarters, both extremities, both ends of the center area. 

woRD0KP.jpg

Fire Prevention in PVP would make that center area from 2 sections into 1.  But anyways, once someone, anyone, sets a fire on a section, nobody can set that same section with another fire stack until that original fire is put out, i.e. you can't set 2 fires on the same section.  Hit sections that do not have a Fire set on them, not being spammed by someone else.

Better yet, IMO, to help your cause, do not shoot at the targets everyone is focused on.  People often focus on the same ship because it's conveniently close.  What about the ship just 1-2 kilometers behind it and not getting shelled by anyone?  Hit that instead, you're not competing with anyone on setting Fires on a section.

TLDR:  Spread the Love to anyone, any section that doesn't have a Fire.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts
3 hours ago, monpetitloup said:

this was coop. i guess we dont know if they have captain builds.

Yes we do. There are ways you can test it.
But basically, in coop each captain has every skill in the game, and then some.