You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

search for cv as a topic

16 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,694 battles

How many anti cv post have been put up?  I tried to find out how many posts have been against cv and the current iteration? So from 8.0.0 when the rework was launched till now. How many posted have been put up saying how bad and unfun they are? 

I also am wondering this statistic because the statistics for the percentage of player that come on the forum is low. So You would think that the topic count mite not be crazy, but how is it that you cant search for cv as a topic? to be able to read or have a count of how many times the player base in 1.9 years have came to complain about how bad it is? my guess would be somewhere in the tune of 3000 or better. so, i am pulling that out of the air, but i used the thought of 10 posted a day for 1.9 years. you would think that someone would be like "hey this is not good if we have not been able to deliver a product that failed to achieve the goal of balancing cv in the game." as to this day there are 10 posts a day about the disparity. Could you imagine an auto manufacture that spent 1.9 years on a product that you are paying for that never works right? Or if your phone service provider always drops your calls right in the middle of every conversation and you could only hear polka music.  Yet, here we are 1.9 years later and still a unmitigated disaster. now we have cruiser with planes coming. sure lets have a div of 3 and double cv match.....let the nightmare begin. 

Edited by MEANN
  • Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[VOP]
Members
896 posts

Considering I paged back a couple pages in the forum and found a few CV threads, I would say the forum search engine is a steaming pile of ........

Edited by DEWEY_96_
Removed language/bypass of language filter

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,694 battles
17 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

Considering I paged back a couple pages in the forum and found a few CV threads, I would say the forum search engine is a steaming pile of .......

I laughed out loud at that

• Cool 1

Members
1,022 posts
1,413 battles
17 hours ago, Airjellyfish said:

Considering I paged back a couple pages in the forum and found a few CV threads, I would say the forum search engine is a steaming pile of ......

When you cannot get a result from the search engine despite you know the page exists because you've already read it.

[PVE]
Members
7,321 posts
23,193 battles
4 hours ago, MEANN said:

How many anti cv post have been put up?  I tried to find out how many posts have been against cv and the current iteration? So from 8.0.0 when the rework was launched till now. How many posted have been put up saying how bad and unfun they are? 

I also am wondering this statistic because the statistics for the percentage of player that come on the forum is low. So You would think that the topic count mite not be crazy, but how is it that you cant search for cv as a topic? to be able to read or have a count of how many times the player base in 1.9 years have came to complain about how bad it is? my guess would be somewhere in the tune of 3000 or better. so, i am pulling that out of the air, but i used the thought of 10 posted a day for 1.9 years. you would think that someone would be like "hey this is not good if we have not been able to deliver a product that failed to achieve the goal of balancing cv in the game." as to this day there are 10 posts a day about the disparity. Could you imagine an auto manufacture that spent 1.9 years on a product that you are paying for that never works right? Or if your phone service provider always drops your calls right in the middle of every conversation and you could only hear polka music.  Yet, here we are 1.9 years later and still a unmitigated disaster. now we have cruiser with planes coming. sure lets have a div of 3 and double cv match.....let the nightmare begin. 

Just out of curiosity...how many of them were started by you (that is a number that can be located just by going back over your own personal posts & counting them).

Point is...if the same 10 people each made (1.9 years would be about) 700 each at 1 a day that would be 7000...4000 more than your prediction of 3000 overall & only representing those same 10 people.

Those 10 people (that have each started a thread everyday since 8.0 dropped) do exist so the number would probably be closer to 30k*** than 3k...but the real question is how many more than 10 people actually started 1 a day since 8.0 dropped...because that 10 is also way below the actual number...but still a significantly lower number than the overall number of players in the game.

Summary...***probably closer to 300k threads w/about 250k of those started by the same 375 people once a day (most of those right after 8.0 dropped & down to a couple dozen nowadays) & about 50k actually started by intermittent people...most of those 50k also being closer to when 8.0 dropped & things were chatically out of balance & probably only 100 or 150 in the last few months...but I'm also including all the AA threads in my estimations.

That's my NA estimates...other server's may vary & my estimates are just that...estimates & are worth nothing as far as plugging into graphs for examples.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Cool 1

[SOV]
Members
5,124 posts
5 hours ago, MEANN said:

:cap_popcorn: :cap_popcorn: :cap_popcorn:

You have posted so many cv hate threads your self that you could have your own sub forum.

Judging by this post you ran out of things to itch about so now its pretending its not a itch.

Wow 2020 yo... 

Edited by jags_domain

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,744 posts
7,281 battles

Well... If you factored out the number of Anti-CV posts by repeat posters and or Alt Accts... I'd guess maybe 20 in 1.9 years?   give or take 1-2?   I'd take a guess and maybe give you credit for 250 or so....   

• Cool 1

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,122 posts
11,075 battles

Oh my, if we could name players, it would be so easy to tag the repeat posters from back in the day. It was always the same 10-20 people and their alt accounts. Actually tricked me into thinking it was an actual majority until I started seeing the reactions to Facebook posts and realized the people who view CV as a negative are actually a very vocal minority. People who don't like it talk, people who do like it just react. Generally it would be 30 complaining comments + 5 negative reactions (Which probably were among the commenters too) compared to 120 positive reactions. Sort of puts things in perspective, not to mention we have more players active on the server now than we did pre-rework.

Edited by Shannon_Lindsey

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,694 battles

as a reply to a few of you, I didnt want to tag everyone so i jus posted. 

I wonder how many new players join the game and make it to Randoms and at this point receive the cv treatment 2 cvs every game quit playing and never come on the forums to tell everyone how bad an experience it was, instead just dont log back in? 

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,744 posts
7,281 battles
14 minutes ago, MEANN said:

I wonder how many new players join the game and make it to Randoms and at this point receive the cv treatment 2 cvs every game quit playing and never come on the forums to tell everyone how bad an experience it was, instead just dont log back in? 

I wonder how many new players  log in and enjoy the game and never come to the forums?  Your Bias conformation is showing... 

• Cool 2

[SOV]
Members
5,124 posts
57 minutes ago, MEANN said:

How many people have quit because of constant whining by post like this?

[VOP]
Members
896 posts
15 hours ago, black_hull4 said:

When you cannot get a result from the search engine despite you know the page exists because you've already read it.

Interesting, because when I search for things in Google, the ones I read are always displayed with a purple link instead of a blue one. But, they are still displayed. Bing works like that too. So, I stand by my observation. The forum one may be programmed differently, but the programming is s.... What is the point of having a search engine if you can't look up something you wanted to go back to for some reason? I am sure I never read all the CV threads too, lol.