Sign in to follow this  
Sovereigndawg

RIP Kitty

23 comments in this topic

Members
10,747 posts
18,476 battles

She was a good friend to Grandma for 19 years. Granny named her Kitty. She was ornery and chose her friends sparingly. She brought happiness to Granny and will be missed.

image.thumb.png.c0be1b70f1877f27fbc74bd0c6c7d8c5.png

• Cool 1
  • Sad 4

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles

20191214_131549.thumb.jpg.03fc28124cc6a9a2358b408a7fccc6c7.jpg

Sorry for the lose of the Kitty.

I lost my Dad last Tuesday. My father had dementia & alzheimer's. He went down hill quick at the end. Now my cat keeps my Mom company when I'm at work. Moved in to help her and keep her company.

Edited by jager_geist
Added photo of my Dad and cat from last Christmas
  • Cool 3
  • Sad 1

Members
10,747 posts
18,476 battles
10 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

Sorry for the lose of the Kitty.

I lost my Dad last Tuesday. My father had dementia & alzheimer's. He went down hill quick at the end. Now my cat keeps my Mom company when I'm at work. Moved in to help her and keep her company.

My condolences, I hope Granny makes it to 102 but she has dementia really bad, so at least she doesn't even know that the cat died. Her mom was 101 and 11 months when she passed. If she makes it to December 13 she will be 102.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
15 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

My condolences, I hope Granny makes it to 102 but she has dementia really bad, so at least she doesn't even know that the cat died. Her mom was 101 and 11 months when she passed. If she makes it to December 13 she will be 102.

I hope she does make it to a 102 for you. Dementia is a cruel disease.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,173 posts
4,766 battles

Kitty will be waiting for Granny at the Rainbow Bridge.

And your dad will be waiting for you, jager_geist.  Not sure there's a bridge involved...

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,788 posts
20,267 battles
1 hour ago, iDuckman said:

Not sure there's a bridge involved...

Maybe the card game, if he liked to play.

Both of you, my condolences for your losses.

• Cool 1

Members
3,175 posts
591 battles

as a Cat person (all pets really but have had just a cat for years) I feel for you.... My previous cat, Buddy, was with me for 18 years and it was hard to lose him.... My condolences...

Alpha Tester
6,524 posts
3,306 battles

Sad to hear that she got called back to the mothership hidden on the dark side of the Moon.

• Cool 1

Members
3,664 posts
42,448 battles

My condolences on your loss and to others here. We all lose a pet or loved one quite often as time goes by. 

I lost my father in 2002, Snoopy, a chow the following year; Lobo, a mastiff mix in 2015;  Prancer, a chihuahua that was very promiscuous in 2016; and Katty, a cat (my Mother named her) (last week) after I rescued her from Harvey flooding in 2017.

Losing someone you love is really hard and trying each day. But you have to move on. Because the ones you lost would want you to. 

For those we have lost; *holds glass of Scotch up high. 

Never forget, because they will never forget you.

<o

[WORX]
Members
11,964 posts
19,495 battles

Like all organic life forms, we all have to make it back to where we came from...

Condolences to those who lost their paw friends..

May their memory live on.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles

I don't know why you got 2 confused faces.

I love my dad and will forever miss him. When I lose my Kitty, I will forever miss him.

• Cool 1

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
8 hours ago, iDuckman said:

And your dad will be waiting for you, jager_geist.  Not sure there's a bridge involved...

ThanYou, I hope there us a meeting ground when I go. He was a good man and I miss him.

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
7 hours ago, Lert said:

Lert, He didn't play games but was into conversation and showing support. I will miss him. Thank You for being knid.

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
6 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

Sad to hear that he got called back to the mothership hidden on the dark side of the Moon.

I think you are talking about my fater since Kitty was female. THANK YOU!

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
6 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:

Like all organic life forms, we all have to make it back to where we came from...

Condolences to those who lost their paw friends..

May their memory live on.

True, and Thank You. Sorry for Kitty dying and I miss my Father. Still hard to believe. I will miss him till I die!

Alpha Tester
6,524 posts
3,306 battles
41 minutes ago, jager_geist said:

I think you are talking about my fater since Kitty was female. THANK YOU!

Either way, I just hope that she didn't hate you enough that when the inevitable invasion comes, you and your grandmother aren't labelled as targets.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,851 posts
17,431 battles

My condolences. We lost our cat last Thanksgiving. That was our first joint pet. I really grieved for two weeks. We have since had a new addition in the form of our current feline. She is more of a indoor cat than our last who was indoor outdoor. Really something how they can become a member of the family so quick.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,173 posts
4,766 battles
3 hours ago, jager_geist said:

I don't know why you got 2 confused faces.

Those are "Sad" faces.  I don't know whether they affect one's forum karma positively or not.

[META_]
Members
2,255 posts
7,485 battles

threads like this, and responses from some of the forum regulars, are one of the major reasons i play this game, and am active on the forum.

keep on keepin' on.

spud

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
7,159 posts
12,178 battles
17 hours ago, iDuckman said:

16 hours ago, Lert said:

For any who may not have heard about the "Rainbow Bridge" legends, I've quoted them below from a ferret enthusiasts website.

Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.
All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.
They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers.
Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.  YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together …

~Author Unknown~

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

There is an Indian legend which says when a human dies there is a bridge they must cross to enter into heaven. At the head of that bridge waits every animal that human encountered during their lifetime.
The animals, based,upon what they know of this person, decide which humans may cross the bridge … and which are turned away …

~Unknown Author~

https://www.all-about-ferrets.com/rainbow-bridge.html

[MEIST]
Members
1,505 posts
5,746 battles
On 9/13/2020 at 1:57 AM, iDuckman said:

Those are "Sad" faces.  I don't know whether they affect one's forum karma positively or not.

Oh, my bad.

Sign in to follow this