Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

A Proposal for Pan-European Cruiser Line

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,050
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,071 battles

So i'm going to make a ridiculous Proposal. I'm going to make a light Proposal for a Pan-European cruiser line and am probably out of my depth. This is a light proposal with minimal stats and I may go more in depth depending on the thoughts towards this proposal.

 

Tier 2 - Erik Haag Class Cruiser (Sweden)

Length - 125 m

Weight - 3000 Tonnes

Speed - 30 knots

Armament 

4x1 152mm guns

5x1 75mm guns

XfPviLp.jpg

 

 

Tier 3 - Drama Class Cruiser (Ottoman Empire)

Length - 103 m

Weight - 3700 tonnes

Speed - 23 Knots

Armament

10x1 120mm guns

8x1 47mm guns

6x1 37mm guns

aDW5H7R.jpg

 

Tier 4 - Midilli Class Cruiser (Turkey)

Length - 138.7 m

Weight - 4,500 Tonnes

Speed - 27 Knots

Armament

 8x1 150mm Guns

Armor

60mm Belt

60mm Deck

100mm Conning Tower

l70V1bI.jpg

 

Tier 5 - Java Class Cruiser (Netherlands)

Length - 155.3m

Weight - 6670 Tonnes

Speed - 31 Knots

Armament

10x1 150mm Guns

8x1 40mm Bofors

8x1 50 cal

Armor

75mm Belt

25-50mm Deck

125mm Conning Tower

100mm Gun Shields

NjXOoCy.jpg

 

 

 

Tier 6 - Tre-Kronor Class Cruiser (Sweden)

Length - 182 m

Weight - 7,400 Tonnes

Speed - 33 Knots

Armament 

1x3, 2x2 150mm Guns

20x1 40mm Guns

7x1 25mm Guns

2x3 Torpedo’s

Armor

70mm Belt

30mm Deck

50-127mm Turrets

20-25mm Conning Tower

8f8mavD.jpg

 

 

 

Tier 7 - Eendracht Class Cruiser (Netherlands)

Length - 187.32 m

Weight - 12,040 Tonnes

Speed - 32 Knots

Armament

4x2 152mm Guns

8x1 57mm Guns 

8x2 40mm Guns

Armor

50-76mm Belt

50-125mm Turrets

50-125mm Conning Tower

rFkD7fw.jpg

 

 

 

Tier 8 - Canaris Class Cruiser (Spain)

Length - 194m

Weight - 13,500 Tonnes

Speed - 33 Knots

Armament

4x2 203mm Guns

8x1 120mm Guns

12x1 40mm Guns

3x4 20mm Guns

3x4 Torpedo Tubes

Armor

50mm Belt

25-38mm Deck

102mm Citadel

25mm Turret

25mm Conning Tower

OHMvk1l.jpg

 

 

Tier 9 - Crucero Acorazado Class Cruiser (Spain)

Length - 213.9 m

Weight - 16,000 Tonnes

Speed - 37 knots

Armament

3x3 203mm Guns

6x2 90mm Guns

8x2 37mm Guns

4x2 20mm Guns

2x1 20mm Guns

2x4 533mm Torpedo Tubes

Armor

150mm Belt

100mm Deck

130mm Conning Tower

100mm Turrets

sM8UtXY.jpg

 

 

 

Tier 10 - SECN Proyecto 138 2 (Spain)

Length - 225 m

Weight - 17,500 Tonnes

Speed - 37 Knots

Armament

4x3 203mm Guns

12x1 90mm Guns

16x2 40mm Guns

16x4 20mm Guns

2x4 533 Torepedo Tubes

Armor

150mm Belt

100mm Deck

150mm Conning Tower

100mm Turrets

Xg0DBqK.jpg

 

 

 

 

So this would be the line. The line would be generally normal in terms of cruiser speed and guns are pretty standard up until the last ship. The big "gimmick" of this line would be a faster than normal reload akin to the gimmick of the current Pan-European Destroyer line. Some Cruisers would get planes but not till tier 6 and I'm unsure if any would get something like radar. However I am considering another gimmick being a speed boost.

Pros

- Speed Boost

- Fast Reload

- Low Profiles

- Good AA

 

Cons

- Light Armor

- No radar or hydro

- Less than Average broadside

 

Hope you enjoy and I will answer any questions possible.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,719
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,765 posts
20,215 battles

Java is not tier 5 material. Eendracht is not T7 material. Tre Kronor T6? Maybe switch her with Eendracht, that'd make more sense.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,050
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,071 battles
42 minutes ago, Lert said:

Java is not tier 5 material. Eendracht is not T7 material. Tre Kronor T6? Maybe switch her with Eendracht, that'd make more sense.

I thought the Java was pretty similar to the Omaha at tier 5. I can always find another option.

 

The Tre-Kronor I went with was the original 1939 concept but if I bump it up to the 1950's version I definitely could switch them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,759
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,811 posts
15,393 battles

Canarias is basically a less armored, torpedoless Devonshire (T6), probably not a good T8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,050
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,071 battles
42 minutes ago, mofton said:

Canarias is basically a less armored, torpedoless Devonshire (T6), probably not a good T8

Reload speed changes power by a lot. Devonshire has a 15 sec reload where Canarias could be reduced to whatever was necessary to create balance.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,107 posts
4,792 battles
1 hour ago, otakuben said:

Reload speed changes power by a lot. Devonshire has a 15 sec reload where Canarias could be reduced to whatever was necessary to create balance.

Unfortunately, I have to agree with @mofton on this particular one. Rebalancing the reload speed is a good idea, but consider for a minute that you are basically stuck with the equivalent firepower of the Admiral Hipper class without the improved AP shells or the fairly durable armor, not to mention the torpedo armament.

Might I suggest that, instead of placing it as you have done, you downtier each ship by one and place The Ansaldo 1936 Cruiser Killer project at Tier X. While it was originally offered to Stalin's Red Fleet in 1936, as part of the Great Ocean Fleet project,  given the fact that we have evidence that Francisco Franco's government sought to acquire more modern vessels for the Nationalist Spanish Navy, and looked to the Ansaldo company for a Light Cruiser design ( Ansaldo XII-152 ), it isn't out of the question that the cruiser killer would most certainly have been a potential acquisition for the Spanish Navy

Ansaldo Big Gun Cruiser Design for Russia

Here is the project in question, by Tzoli, as usual. The first design is the Soviet variant, while the last two are the Italian variants. 

-Shrayes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,050
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,071 battles
8 minutes ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Unfortunately, I have to agree with @mofton on this particular one. Rebalancing the reload speed is a good idea, but consider for a minute that you are basically stuck with the equivalent firepower of the Admiral Hipper class without the improved AP shells or the fairly durable armor, not to mention the torpedo armament.

Might I suggest that, instead of placing it as you have done, you downtier each ship by one and place The Ansaldo 1936 Cruiser Killer project at Tier X. While it was originally offered to Stalin's Red Fleet in 1936, as part of the Great Ocean Fleet project,  given the fact that we have evidence that Francisco Franco's government sought to acquire more modern vessels for the Nationalist Spanish Navy, and looked to the Ansaldo company for a Light Cruiser design ( Ansaldo XII-152 ), it isn't out of the question that the cruiser killer would most certainly have been a potential acquisition for the Spanish Navy

Ansaldo Big Gun Cruiser Design for Russia

Here is the project in question, by Tzoli, as usual. The first design is the Soviet variant, while the last two are the Italian variants. 

-Shrayes

I could probably just shift it all down then taking out the tier 4 ship so java falls at tier 4 and Canarias falls at tier 7. Feel more comfortable with that layout.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,107 posts
4,792 battles
Just now, otakuben said:

I could probably just shift it all down then taking out the tier 4 ship so java falls at tier 4 and Canarias falls at tier 7. Feel more comfortable with that layout.

Midilli would be a good premium, so keep it there.

Also, don't forget D7P

-Shrayes

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,050
[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,373 posts
2,071 battles
1 hour ago, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

Midilli would be a good premium, so keep it there.

Also, don't forget D7P

-Shrayes

I was trying to stay away from designs by major power just sold to minor powers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
599
[GRAVE]
Members
1,407 posts
19,826 battles

the T2 looks hilariously undergunned, but stupidly fast.

Java looks like a Karlsruhe but no torps and slower

Tre Kronor as she appeared as built (basically Paolo Emilio's superstructure) at T6, make Gota Lejon as she appeared in 1958 as a T7 premium with more DPM, German hydro and DFAA, because lets put a ship with the AA power that can rival many T10 cruisers at T7, because why not. Also possible Pan-AM ala Boise/NDJ as she also served as Almirante Latorre in the Chilean Navy, though the Latorre name could be used for a Pan-Am BB line for the BB with the same name.

8 6in guns at T7 without some super fast reload or pen bonus is gonna suck

Canarias at T8 might take OR or Izumo's spot as ugliest ship in the game, but also being a less armored Devonshire without torps, about 1.5 tiers too high

and the T9 and 10 look like uptirered Spanish Amalfi and Brindisi

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×