You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Hippo

Post sinking

17 comments in this topic

[COMRD]
Members
182 posts
4,990 battles

During battles I like to hang around if I get sunk. Noticed that switching from ship to ship dosnt seem to work.

Mouse controls dont have any effect.

Any advice?

Thanks for all the advice.

Edited by Admiral_Hippo

[TBW]
Members
10,730 posts
18,435 battles
12 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

During battles I like to hang around if I get sunk. Noticed that switching from ship to ship dosnt seem to work.

Any advice?

I hit ESC and then go back into battle. Some one in an earlier post said they hit the TAB and then it works again. It doesn't happen every battle for me, only sometimes.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
45 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Any advice?

Aim your mouse at a ship and click the spacebar. Don't know when or why it became that way but it works for me.

[A-O]
Members
1,045 posts
10,596 battles
47 minutes ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Any advice?

A right mouse click usually works for me.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,134 posts
4,766 battles
8 hours ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Any advice?

Shift key toggles between ship-to-ship jumping and free camera, where you drive the camera around the map like a drone.  I think this stuff is in this article.  If it's not, it should be:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Controls

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
2 hours ago, iDuckman said:

Shift key toggles between ship-to-ship jumping and free camera, where you drive the camera around the map like a drone.  I think this stuff is in this article.  If it's not, it should be:

https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Controls

The controls are not working as they should since the latest patch. For me at least anyway. I have to point the mouse at a ship and hit the spacebar now.

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Any advice?

Only started happening to me every few games after the last patch along with the frame drops in battle but hey ......

[WPORT]
Members
7,110 posts
12,084 battles
11 hours ago, Admiral_Hippo said:

Any advice?

Been happening to me, too.

I've been able to press the "TAB" key to pull up the team rosters for a second or two.  Then the mouse-click shifting to camera of friendly ships works again.

Tagged for @Hapa_Fodder and @Mademoisail

[WOLF1]
Members
189 posts
20,695 battles

I have to hit the ctrl button to be able to jump from ship to ship after being sunk.  Another wierd thing that is happening to me is my ship randomly, a few times per game, just makes a hard turn to port.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,252 posts
14,677 battles
On 9/11/2020 at 10:19 PM, Wolfswetpaws said:

Been happening to me, too.

I've been able to press the "TAB" key to pull up the team rosters for a second or two.  Then the mouse-click shifting to camera of friendly ships works again.

Tagged for @Hapa_Fodder and @Mademoisail

I'll take a look at this, this is a new one for me.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[WPORT]
Members
7,110 posts
12,084 battles
2 minutes ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

I'll take a look at this, this is a new one for me.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Thanks.

[WPORT]
Members
7,110 posts
12,084 battles
On 9/12/2020 at 9:13 PM, meatgrindr said:

I have to hit the ctrl button to be able to jump from ship to ship after being sunk.  Another wierd thing that is happening to me is my ship randomly, a few times per game, just makes a hard turn to port.

Is the "collision avoidance" box check-marked in the Settings menu of the game?

[PHD]
Members
1,740 posts
7,125 battles

I've got the keys with alternate settings so I trying to remember what the standard keys are.

Hit shift key (normally shifts to binocular view before you are sunk.) It switches to free camera where the WASD keys move your view left, right, forward and back. The mouse wheel changes your altitude.  It's very nice to look at all the scenery on the map. I may have that off some but try them and you can figure it out.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,310 posts
6,371 battles
On 9/11/2020 at 5:33 PM, Admiral_Hippo said:

Any advice?

I don't like so much that mode when you click, you change ship... I will tell the devs to change that. Once out of this you can WASD navigate the camera and zoom... Zoom out is nice as you get a high altitude view on the battle. I feel 8, Me, I'm a semi deity watching so many people gut each other. Goltz.