You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Camo advice from longtime players ( Epoch)

32 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,521 posts

Preface;  I do have hundreds of really good consumable Camos but I use my permas when grinding missions in Coop etc. Also I spend 90% of my time T8-T10

I have permas on almost all the ships I play often and even have a few Nationals ( Spee and Warspite )  and  some specials ( Tirp , sharn , asashio ) some may be considered rare?

Is this one (Epoch) like one of those you never see that everyone wishes they had like the ones back in the early days that went away?

If you were to get one , since T-9 is such a good earner , what ship would you put it on? 

I guess I'm trying to make myself a poor mans T-9 Missouri credit printer.

Any input is greatly appreciated as always.

Col Standing by.

Edited by Col_Nasty

[SBS]
Members
6,136 posts
6 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

I guess I'm trying to make myself a poor mans T-9 Missouri credit printer.

It's a normal T9 perma camo, so its not a credit printer.  As for what ship to put it on, any ship you expect to play enough to be worth while.

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -20% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.
  • Cool 1

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,373 posts
22,212 battles

What tier 9 ship do you enjoy playing that doesn't have a permanent cammo?

What future t9 would you put it on?

Is 20 bucks worth it to you?

[GOB]
Members
2,521 posts
19 minutes ago, Slimeball91 said:

It's a normal T9 perma camo, so its not a credit printer.  As for what ship to put it on, any ship you expect to play enough to be worth while.

• -3% to surface detectability range.
  • +4% to maximum dispersion of shells fired by the enemy at your ship.
  • -20% to the cost of ship's post-battle service.
  • +100% to experience earned in the battle.

Just now, dEsTurbed1 said:

What tier 9 ship do you enjoy playing that doesn't have a permanent cammo?

What future t9 would you put it on?

Is 20 bucks worth it to you?

Ok then... the answer is no.

All my T9s I actually play have permas and the ones I want through resources all come with one.

Regular T09 permas cost 4K Dubs but don't come with the other stuff I guess. 555 dubs is nice and the 555,555 creds I guess

I am guessing it is a " Looks " Buy and not a bonus Camo then.

Thanx guys.  

[KWF]
Members
5,279 posts
6,659 battles

If you need to have a "poor mans Missouri" then you have to get Roma or Kii, then buy the Kobayashi camouflage for them. That's the closest you will be able to get earnings wise.

The Epoch camouflages are to put on your fave tech tree IXs. Say you love Fletcher but don't wanna pay for a permacamo? The Epoch camo is for you.

• Cool 2

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

You got it.

It will help boost XP and reduce service costs, but that's about it.

[SBS]
Members
6,136 posts
4 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Regular T09 permas cost 4K Dubs but don't come with the other stuff I guess. 555 dubs is nice and the 555,555 creds I guess

The good news is you can get two of these for free by completing the new campaign and collection.  Since you're getting them for free you don't have too worry too much about getting the best possible value out them.  You could put them on any tech tree ship you want to reduce the grind on.

Members
1,268 posts
9,946 battles
29 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

If you need to have a "poor mans Missouri" then you have to get Roma or Kii, then buy the Kobayashi camouflage for them. That's the closest you will be able to get earnings wise.

The Epoch camouflages are to put on your fave tech tree IXs. Say you love Fletcher but don't wanna pay for a permacamo? The Epoch camo is for you.

Don’t forget Prinz Eugen.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,373 posts
22,212 battles
57 minutes ago, Col_Nasty said:

Ok then... the answer is no.

All my T9s I actually play have permas and the ones I want through resources all come with one.

Thanx guys.  

Your welcome. 

All the current t9 I kept have permanent cammos already.

[KWF]
Members
5,279 posts
6,659 battles
26 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Don’t forget Prinz Eugen.

I mean Prinz Eugen can definitely get a better permacamo than the standard one for premiums, but it's added bonuses are nowhere near what the Kobayashi ones give.  Short comparison time:

Basic Permacamo for tier VIIIs:

1971451424_Screenshot_2020-09-11Camouflage-GlobalwikiWargamingnet(3).thumb.png.a38b1e876e683b57ca927c053d570eae.png

Adler for Prinz Eugen:

1050050586_Screenshot_2020-09-11Camouflage-GlobalwikiWargamingnet(1).thumb.png.ed29f391a0bf448cc4819ff44d11976b.png

Kobayashi camos for Ashitaka, Kii, Roma.

1822468582_Screenshot_2020-09-11Camouflage-GlobalwikiWargamingnet(2).thumb.png.9683855372adf7a99623fb52921fc3fb.png

It's not just the credit bonus, it's the massive reduction in repair costs that makes these camouflages the best.

• Cool 2

Members
1,268 posts
9,946 battles
12 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

I mean Prinz Eugen can definitely get a better permacamo than the standard one for premiums, but it's added bonuses are nowhere near what the Kobayashi ones give.  Short comparison time:

1971451424_Screenshot_2020-09-11Camouflage-GlobalwikiWargamingnet(3).thumb.png.a38b1e876e683b57ca927c053d570eae.png

Adler for Prinz Eugen:

1050050586_Screenshot_2020-09-11Camouflage-GlobalwikiWargamingnet(1).thumb.png.ed29f391a0bf448cc4819ff44d11976b.png

1822468582_Screenshot_2020-09-11Camouflage-GlobalwikiWargamingnet(2).thumb.png.9683855372adf7a99623fb52921fc3fb.png

It's not just the credit bonus, it's the massive reduction in repair costs that makes these camouflages the best.

Sure I guess. Though imo those skins look like complete garbo. I’ll take aesthetics over slightly more credits especially when I already have Missouri.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
21,701 battles

Just yesterday finished my regrind of the USN DD line. I'm now thinking that if I regrind another line it would be great to have a perma camo on the tier 9 to reduce costs and help a little on XP gain

[KWF]
Members
5,279 posts
6,659 battles
25 minutes ago, Usedcarjock said:

Sure I guess. Though imo those skins look like complete garbo. I’ll take aesthetics over slightly more credits especially when I already have Missouri.

Hey, can't deny that aestheticaly the Kobayashi camos are for acquired tastes. Dunno if the camo filters work for them, though I think they don't.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,410 posts
9,655 battles

I'm racking my brain, but can't think of any T9 tech tree ships I would keep, let alone put camo on.

That's from all the lines I've taken up that far anyway. I dunno, is Alsace worth keeping if you have Republique? What about Kitakaze if you have Harugumo?

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,451 posts
21,701 battles
8 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

Hey, can't deny that aestheticaly the Kobayashi camos are for acquired tastes. Dunno if the camo filters work for them, though I think they don't.

I think filters do work.

Those are vamos I really like.. Go figures 

[WOLFG]
Members
31,410 posts
9,655 battles
6 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Yes.

Cool.

I have to start that line with Minekaze, but I think I'll give it a go. :cap_like:

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,010 battles

I either use Prem Camo or the other two credit purchasable Camo's. Any other Camo I have found to be bad luck no matter how good the gains are.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
604 posts
12,383 battles

I would pass on buying the bundles unless you REALLY like the look of the Epoch camo.

Regular T9 camo is 4K dubs

Pack has 555 dubs included so you are paying 4445 Dubs for a T9 camo and 555,555 credits.

Or 445 dubs for the credits.

Members
6,915 posts
21,437 battles

Ibuki.

Ibuki is life. It may be the most satisfying ship in the game. No it isn't easy, but damn satisfying to troll $80 ships all day long.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,410 posts
9,655 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

Ibuki.

Ibuki is life. It may be the most satisfying ship in the game. No it isn't easy, but damn satisfying to troll $80 ships all day long.

I just got that ship, only a couple games in.

I'm liking it so far. Am I wrong to think of it as a Myoko with long range? (I have Mogami, but no plans to research or mount to the 8" guns) and do you recommend concealment or rudder upgrade for Slot 5? It would normally be a no-brainer for me, but the fully upgraded rudder shift looks fantastic.

Another related question, what's max range on Zao? I have 19.4 on Ibuki, using range upgrade, but looking at Zao, it appears to have worse range.

[GOB]
Members
2,521 posts
3 hours ago, Skpstr said:

I'm racking my brain, but can't think of any T9 tech tree ships I would keep, let alone put camo on.

That's from all the lines I've taken up that far anyway. I dunno, is Alsace worth keeping if you have Republique? What about Kitakaze if you have Harugumo?

These DDs for a start.

Kita is better than Harugumo.

Fletcher is still a very good DD!

The Oster is a monster!

Members
6,915 posts
21,437 battles
20 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

I just got that ship, only a couple games in.

I'm liking it so far. Am I wrong to think of it as a Myoko with long range? (I have Mogami, but no plans to research or mount to the 8" guns) and do you recommend concealment or rudder upgrade for Slot 5? It would normally be a no-brainer for me, but the fully upgraded rudder shift looks fantastic.

Another related question, what's max range on Zao? I have 19.4 on Ibuki, using range upgrade, but looking at Zao, it appears to have worse range.

I run the LU on Zao so it's 17k something before spotter plane.

I like the Ibuki with Spotter plane and hydro. I have 19pts so i run concealment  and rudder, you need that thing as nimble as possible. A big Myoko is a fair comparison. but better detection

Edited by Sweetsie

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,311 posts
9,962 battles
5 hours ago, warheart1992 said:

Adler for Prinz Eugen:

The National camo for Graf Spee and Warspite are good too as they give +100% xp as well as +35% credits, they go really well when doing tier 6 operations

[A-I-M]
Members
3,601 posts
14,504 battles
2 hours ago, contag10n said:

I would pass on buying the bundles unless you REALLY like the look of the Epoch camo.

I use the “hide” option in the port menu. Makes all the butt-ugly ones look like like the default permacamo for the ship.