You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Fletcher7_1944

Dockyard progress.

92 comments in this topic

[CO-OP]
Members
2,324 posts
26,831 battles

Finished the directive over Labor Day, left cruiser and CV missions on the table.  Was grinding out the epoch campaign on Tuesday, and yesterday.  Now back to the dockyard to finish off the cruiser potential damage mission (hopefully by Friday.)

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts
1 hour ago, Boomer625 said:

Laughs in free to player with limited time Trying to just finish the first stage in 50 days

I'd be there, too.   I just happened to have a pile of doubloons I had been sitting on for a long while, waiting for something interesting to use them on.   So I got both starter packs.   The rest was just  lots and lots of matches played.

I want the ship because I love US cruisers.   Whether or not the peanut gallery likes them as much as I do is irrelevant, lol.   Plus, the offer of subsituting research points for unused boosts from missions completed after getting the ship was too good to pass up.

The first stage isn't too bad- sheer persistance will finish it easily enough.   I thought the same about the BB main battery hits section- holy cow!  This is gonna yake forever in the era of 3-4 minute Co-op games loaded with DD's...   But then the hits quickly started piling up, and it was done faster than I ever thought it would be.

Stage 2 is a bit saltier, but still workable.  I'm just going to ignore the cruiser mission- even with the reduced requirements if you have the right national ships, 17.5 million potential damage is a LOT in Co-op...  You don't NEED it to finish, as long as you do the 4 generals, and 2 of the other ship type missions.   55 kills or citadels in US IJN or German BB's; and DD torp hits/ cap saves  look far more doable to me.    Even with a million greedy DD's trying to do the whole thing in one match each game, that's not all that many  kills/cits,  if you're even reasonably competent at shooting with a BB.   It's just grindy.

[SBS]
Members
6,126 posts
13 minutes ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

Even with a million greedy DD's trying to do the whole thing in one match each game

Guilty.

5 minutes ago, n00bot said:

I assumed it would be a ridiculous grind (again) and didn't even bother to open the dockyard screen.  Should I?

Yeah, its worth looking at.  Some seem to think it will be slightly more grindy that the last dock yard.  If nothing else you should look into doing what can and see if you can make it to stage 12 for the 100k FXP.

[RVNHQ]
Members
342 posts
10,420 battles

It's just not the same without Admiral Thunder making these progress threads. I hope he's doing alright.

Lol greedy DDs.

Over half way through the citadel mission just by knocking off the daily bonus. Sure the missions are grindier than Odin's but they are still easily doable.

[WOLF1]
Members
570 posts
1,548 battles
1 hour ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

I'd be there, too.   I just happened to have a pile of doubloons I had been sitting on for a long while, waiting for something interesting to use them on.   So I got both starter packs.   The rest was just  lots and lots of matches played.

I want the ship because I love US cruisers.   Whether or not the peanut gallery likes them as much as I do is irrelevant, lol.   Plus, the offer of subsituting research points for unused boosts from missions completed after getting the ship was too good to pass up.

The first stage isn't too bad- sheer persistance will finish it easily enough.   I thought the same about the BB main battery hits section- holy cow!  This is gonna yake forever in the era of 3-4 minute Co-op games loaded with DD's...   But then the hits quickly started piling up, and it was done faster than I ever thought it would be.

Stage 2 is a bit saltier, but still workable.  I'm just going to ignore the cruiser mission- even with the reduced requirements if you have the right national ships, 17.5 million potential damage is a LOT in Co-op...  You don't NEED it to finish, as long as you do the 4 generals, and 2 of the other ship type missions.   55 kills or citadels in US IJN or German BB's; and DD torp hits/ cap saves  look far more doable to me.    Even with a million greedy DD's trying to do the whole thing in one match each game, that's not all that many  kills/cits,  if you're even reasonably competent at shooting with a BB.   It's just grindy.

I love american heavy cruisers too, especially those with torpedoes, and yeah my average time to grind isn’t going to get me far, but I always try my best

good thing I somehow gotten a free scarnhorst somehow to go on rampages in COOP for some missions like secondary battery hits or something

Edited by Boomer625

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts
23 hours ago, Boomer625 said:

I love american heavy cruisers too, especially those with torpedoes, and yeah my average time to grind isn’t going to get me far, but I always try my best

good thing I somehow gotten a free scarnhorst somehow to go on rampages in COOP for some missions like secondary battery hits or something

Yeah, nothing quite as fun as secondary missions in Co-op!   I don't think the bots even notice your secondaries beating the stuffing out of them, lol.    They just want to close with you.

When I first started grinding Alsace,  I was often shocked at the completely absurd secondary hit totals it can rack up.    Those 100mm cannons reload like machine guns!  And they have pretty decent range, too.   The whole line is like that, but starting at tier 8, they get REALLY serious.   Just close with a couple of reds- and you get a free fireworks show...

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts
On 9/10/2020 at 8:00 PM, Slimeball91 said:

Guilty.

Yeah, its worth looking at.  Some seem to think it will be slightly more grindy that the last dock yard.  If nothing else you should look into doing what can and see if you can make it to stage 12 for the 100k FXP.

^^  What he said!    Gave me enough FXP, that I could finish off my Colorado re-re-re-grind, get North Carolina- fully upgrade it- and still not be bankrupt.     I'd have done the grind yet again- but I was less than 1000 RP from having enough for Ohio and got impatient, lol.

It can be grindy,  but we have quite a bit of time to do it.    And if you want the ship, and are in danger of not making it in time- some dubs will do the trick.    The missions aren't too bad, so far- there are enough in each directive to allow you to skip 2 and still get it done.   Having a very diverse fleet will also cut down on the grind.

You can get them by simply playing.  Credits, kills, torp spots, etc all accumulate during normal play.   No need to really do anything different.   Lol- I don't know ANY BB player who DOESN'T try to get citadels and kills every time;  and What DD player isn't using torpedoes frequently??

[-TCO-]
[-TCO-]
Members
651 posts
5,718 battles
13 hours ago, Fletcher7_1944 said:

You can get them by simply playing.  Credits, kills, torp spots, etc all accumulate during normal play.   No need to really do anything different.   Lol- I don't know ANY BB player who DOESN'T try to get citadels and kills every time;  and What DD player isn't using torpedoes frequently??

This too. It was faster for me to do the 120 torps/defended instead of the country specific 55 torps/defended due to my available DDs. This dockyard is a bit grindier than the Odin but still very doable. It took 4 days to do  D1 and 3 to do D2. I do have a good spread of ships though.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts

Finished directive 2 yesterday.    I just used the carousel filter to give me all the DD's of the appropriate lines, and played the gifts off of them.   That got me about 60% of the way through the 55 hits/cap saves.    After that, I just concentrated on playing the 3 ships I'm currently grinding:  Gadja Mada; Ernst Gaede; and Acasta.

2 sweet games in Gaede and Gadja knocked it out of the park.

I'm now on stage 16.  

doing Directive 3 will put me at 19, and I have more than enough dubs to finish the last upgrade.   That gives me directives 4-6 to grind research points.

And, oh yeah- a new ship, lol!

D3 looks comparatively easy to do- less grindy than D2, anyway.

It's beginning to look doable for me to get both Ohio AND Siegfried.  (without regrinding several lines again)

[WOLF3]
Members
28,829 posts
25,065 battles

I saw the mission to do specific DDs (RN, IKEA, RU) to land Fire / Torpedo Damage.

I just pictured those IKEA DDs doing f___ all for damage with their wet noodle torpedoes and burst out laughing :Smile_teethhappy:

For the CV mission, I used it as a chance to get M.V.Richtofen some badly needed XPs.  Still using Stock planes and they drop like flies.  It took me 8 games to complete that mission.  Landing Citadel hits, Floods was wildly inconsistent.  Some games just 1 Cit and nothing else.  The AP Rockets had problems landing Cits on the many Hindenburgs I found.  Lots of Pens, but Cits were rare against Hindenburg.

For the BB mission, I'm using Ohio.  457mm x8 in good reload + Fire Starting Mega Secondaries.  Still underway but it's going smooth.

Edit:  Scratch that, just realized that the new set of Campaign Missions are up.  I'll work the Tier VII BB option with Colorado and still be eligible for Dockyard missions.

Edit 2:  Scratch that also, she's too goddamn slow, can't even get to a cap in time before the game is over.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
11,181 posts
10,408 battles

Got two missions done (5 wins and incapacitations).

The rest minus xp are all over half done.

I thought cruiser cits/torp hits would be hard.  4 games and 21 done.  I would have done more, but I wanted more ECXP, so I switches.

T5/6 is a good place to go for this.  I got a 5/6 match in the Graf Spee.  Shame emerald's don't last longer.  Seven cits in a Trento was also a highlight.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts
14 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Got two missions done (5 wins and incapacitations).

The rest minus xp are all over half done.

I thought cruiser cits/torp hits would be hard.  4 games and 21 done.  I would have done more, but I wanted more ECXP, so I switches.

T5/6 is a good place to go for this.  I got a 5/6 match in the Graf Spee.  Shame emerald's don't last longer.  Seven cits in a Trento was also a highlight.

Same here- those two missions went quick!   I got 9 incaps alone from one game with Duke of York.   I went to the middle cap, and went to town on the DD's and cruisers there, lol.

I'm more than halfway done with the BB damage mission,  the damage mission,  and just under halfway through XP.     All I did was knock the giftflakes off my RN BB's;  and ground North Carolina and the Lion for a bit.    Then, switched to first win bonus farming- with Repub;  JB, and I forget what else.

The highlight was drilling a Vladivostok in the guts for 5 citadels and several normal pens  in one quick salvo with Nor-cal.  He went from full health to dead in one click, lol.   I couldn't believe it!!   That was during a wild free for all brawl over a cap with 2 teammates.   The red BB's kept swarming in, and we kept cutting them down, lol.

Lion is brand new to me, and still in all stock modules.  The credit upgrades are all installed, but no modules.  Still, it's pretty effective.  Got a 17 pointer in it, and a nice handful of premiums to help earn more captain XP.  I intend for it to be 19 by the time I get to Conqueror.

I'm still wavering over whether to do DD's or cruisers next.   I have, by far, more cruisers with gift tokens still on- but I also have a group of my favorite DD's that have been waiting for their chance, too.

Then switched to low tiers to work on the final mission for 5500 base XP, in the first step of the new campaign.   Any excuse to play Wyoming, Courbet, Charleston,  and V-170 is okay with me!

[COOP2]
Members
359 posts
9,210 battles

As of yesterday for this next directive that just started, I've finished 3 or 4 of the 6 missions in them (I can't remember exactly at the moment).

These first 3 directives seem to be reasonably obtainable before the subsequent directive starts up. I didn't look too much in detail at the following 3 directives but with the remaining time I think this event should be completed well before the time limit for me.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,324 posts
26,831 battles

Been combining this with the Epoch campaign, so I've been running a lot of low tier ships.  In spite of this, I've completed 2 of the tasks, and have 55K of the 75.5 experience; about 1.3 M damage of 1.775M, and about 900K DD torp damage. I anticipate finishing these three tasks tonight, and possibly the cruiser task. 

[RVNHQ]
Members
342 posts
10,420 battles

Finished Directive 3 and unlocked the final task ( Stage 3 ) the Epoch campaign.

[WOLF3]
Members
28,829 posts
25,065 battles

Directive 3 for the Dockyard is done.  Focused on the Cruiser and Carrier specific missions.

Work on the Final Task for the current Epoch Campaign is moving along.  Screwed up at first using a Tier X.

Done with Mission 3's Final Task.

People are very loose with their torps out there.  Funny part was this guy was from one of our sister clans.  He hit me with enough torps and damage that he died from it.

Vp1OgdM.jpg

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[WOLFG]
Members
11,181 posts
10,408 battles

I thought this one would be harder, but besides the 75k xp mission, this looks like 2 days.

I have enough flags to finish the xp mission in 2 days, but why spend them when it will finish before the week is out anyways?

[RVNHQ]
Members
342 posts
10,420 battles
7 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I thought this one would be harder, but besides the 75k xp mission, this looks like 2 days.

I have enough flags to finish the xp mission in 2 days, but why spend them when it will finish before the week is out anyways?

Best to hold onto those flags. I suspect for the anniversary event there will be an increased daily bonus.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,324 posts
26,831 battles

Not a spectacular game, but this is the one that finished the third stage of the dockyard event.

image.thumb.png.4850a174b759bbbfae415fd77187fc9a.png

--also got the 12 star to open the final mission in stage 3 of the Epoch Campaign.  

image.png

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts

DONE!!   Got all three boosts from directive 3 today, with put me at phase 19.  I then put my doubloons to work for the final step.    What an ordeal the day was!   It took a ridiculous number of games to finish the cruiser mission, because the damn bots either died way too fast- or they came armed with laser guided homing shells,  that blew my guts out before I could even blink...   90% of the cits/torp hits came from just 2 matches: one in Yorck, the other in Leander.

DD's were even worse.  I simply said screw it, and stopped bothering.   I couldn't BUY a fire- and if I did manage to light one, some dork would immediately murder that ship before the first tick of fire damage...   Never have I seen so many oblivious players charging in between DD's and ships they are making torpedo attacks on.   Man, these missions bring out the worst in some people. 

I also need to ask:  How in the WORLD is Freisland a tier 9???  With no torps, only 4 guns, and no real gimmicks to make up for it??   Every other tier 9 eats that thing's lunch...  Hell,  the tier 8's do.

Whatever,  the ship is built and in my port.  Everything else from here on out is just gravy!    I'll also add that Anchorage's camo is pretty darn sharp, imo.   The ship itself can wait for it's maiden voyage- tier 8 games are a mess and a half right now.  I don't want to get a skewed, negative opinion of the ship because of it, lol.

Since then, it's been tier 2 and 3 for me.  Working on the EU T3, and having some fun in St Lou!   Chester has been begging me to let it sally forth as well.  I'm doing the final base XP mission for the Campaign, so it'll take a bit.