Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shrayes_Bhagavatula

Cruiser AP Test vs BBs

10 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
1,112 posts
4,792 battles

Minotaur AP Test vs. Tier X Battleships

This was a test that I did back on the 0.9.7 Test Server. The point of this test was to initially determine the effective damage output of the Minotaur's AP shells versus a stationary broadside target, in order to see just how effective the Minotaur was when it had the ability to maximise it's terrifying damage output. 

I will be updating this page accordingly with test results from other Tier X cruisers, as soon as I have gathered the data

 

Engagement Protocol: 10km Flat Broadside, variation between ripple fire and full salvo fire, while aiming at different sections of enemy warships, such as the bow, stern, superstructure, and upper casement armor*

 

Minotaur AP Shell 

  • 3200 AP Alpha Damage

  • 0.005 Second Fuse Timer

  • 60.0* - 75.0* Auto-bounce Angles

  • 3.2 Second Reload ( 600,000 AP DPM ), 2.8 Second Reload with Main Battery Mod 3 (681,818 AP DPM )

 

Why Minotaur: Only AP Shell selection means that there is no “cheating” by DoT. This is a test of raw damage output and how long battleships will last under concentrated fire from a single warship. Minotaur’s improved AP shells also means that it is easy to maximize potential damage output.

 

*(All tests were conducted on stationary bot targets)

 

Test 1: Montana ( 96,300 HP )

Time: 1:36.14

Number of Shells Used: 242

Shell groupings 

  • 2 Over-penetrations
  • 157 Penetrations
  • 31 Non-penetrations
  • 52 Ricochets

Test 2: Conqueror ( 82,900 HP )

Time: 1:22.56

Number of Shells Used: 200

Shell Groupings

  • 0 Over-penetrations
  • 138 Penetrations
  • 36 Non-Penetrations
  • 26 Ricochets

Test 3: Republique ( 92,400 HP )

Time: 1:28.40

Number of Shells Used: 238

Shell Groupings

  • 2 Over-penetrations
  • 169 Penetrations
  • 4 Non-Penetrations
  • 38 Torpedo Protection Hits
  • 25 Ricochets

 

Test 4: Grosser Kurfurst (105,800 HP )

Time: 3:10.12

Number of Shells Used: 489 

Shell Groupings

  • 2 Over-penetrations
  • 200 Penetrations
  • 205 Non-Penetrations
  • 82 Ricochets

Test 5: Yamato ( 97,200 HP )

Time: 1:49.61

Number of Shells Used: 270

Shell Groupings

  • 3 Over-penetrations
  • 169 Penetrations
  • 38 Non-penetrations
  • 4 Torpedo protection hits
  • 56 ricochets

Test 6: Kremlin (108,300 HP )

Time: 2:51.54

Number of Shells Used: 418

  • Shell Groupings
  • 3 Over-penetrations
  • 216 Penetrations
  • 107 Non-Penetrations
  • 92 Ricochets

 

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
212
[UNC]
Members
852 posts
6,196 battles

Just curious, were you able to replicate point of aim and number of salvoes fired at each for each ship?  Variations there could lead to inconsistent results; likely not enough to greatly skew the numbers, but if more shots hit the GK belt and shattered for example that could inflate the TTK quite a bit.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,112 posts
4,792 battles
5 minutes ago, Uncle_Lou said:

Just curious, were you able to replicate point of aim and number of salvoes fired at each for each ship?  Variations there could lead to inconsistent results; likely not enough to greatly skew the numbers, but if more shots hit the GK belt and shattered for example that could inflate the TTK quite a bit.

 

Yes, I was able to replicate the point of aim for all ships, by aiming between the superstructure and the upper belt

As I stated however, I spread the shots across the ship, reason being in order to minimize the effects of saturation and minimize the number of shots required to sink said vessel. I was going for maximum efficiency here.

-Shrayes

Edited by Shrayes_Bhagavatula

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,562
[WOLF3]
Members
28,844 posts
25,079 battles

RNCLs somehow sneaking to a flank is a big psychological impact, most especially from the faster firing Neptune and Minotaur.  I've had games with Mino and Neps where BBs were trying to push, but with me posted on the side and start tearing into the superstructure side, you can see the indecision and panic in the player's sailing and gunfire... You can see they're realizing they're getting f--ked up, and they have to make some very quick decisions.

 

But getting safely to a flanking position without being noticed nor getting rekt was the hard part.  Most especially when some enemy players were thinking on trying the same thing, and you run into each other out there.  Adds spice to the match!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
264
[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,214 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

RNCLs somehow sneaking to a flank is a big psychological impact, most especially from the faster firing Neptune and Minotaur.  I've had games with Mino and Neps where BBs were trying to push, but with me posted on the side and start tearing into the superstructure side, you can see the indecision and panic in the player's sailing and gunfire... You can see they're realizing they're getting f--ked up, and they have to make some very quick decisions.

 

But getting safely to a flanking position without being noticed nor getting rekt was the hard part.  Most especially when some enemy players were thinking on trying the same thing, and you run into each other out there.  Adds spice to the match!

This right here is why i beeline my BB to the flank at the start of each game. Getting caught in between ships is the quickest way back to port for BB players. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,278
[CVA16]
Members
5,896 posts
18,111 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Most especially when some enemy players were thinking on trying the same thing, and you run into each other out there.

Well, you could just wave to each other, exchange professional courtesies, and get on with your business...:Smile_trollface:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,445 battles

If it takes that long to sink a Kremlin from broadside, you are truly hopeless when it is angled.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,112 posts
4,792 battles
8 hours ago, Whitebuster said:

If it takes that long to sink a Kremlin from broadside, you are truly hopeless when it is angled.

That is unfortunately the truth. But if you think that's bad, consider the fact that the Kurfurst took 30 seconds longer to sink

-Shrayes

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
162
[PYK]
Beta Testers
211 posts
2,445 battles
On 9/12/2020 at 3:54 AM, Shrayes_Bhagavatula said:

That is unfortunately the truth. But if you think that's bad, consider the fact that the Kurfurst took 30 seconds longer to sink

-Shrayes

 

I'm always able to deal consistent damage to Kurfurst at any angle with AP. Its armor layout allows shells to penetrate from the front, unlike Kremlin.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,112 posts
4,792 battles
14 minutes ago, Whitebuster said:

I'm always able to deal consistent damage to Kurfurst at any angle with AP. Its armor layout allows shells to penetrate from the front, unlike Kremlin.

That's not actually the case. Kurfurst also has a ridiculous icebreaker like the Kremlin, only it stretches all the way up the nose and completely prevents overmatch shots or HE damage from the front. The reason why you can pen the Kurfurst is because of that massive superstructure, which is large enough to arm AP shells. Kremlin also has a superstructure, but it is smaller and less prone to arming shells.

-Shrayes

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×