You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MEANN

fun and engaging

19 comments in this topic

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,712 battles

I know I am pretty salty most of the time when i post here. It is usually after a soul crushing number of games where just everything goes wrong. Your team yolo's and in 5 minutes you have 6 dead. sure this will be Fun. 

That is not this post. I have of course had that feeling of late as most games are blow outs. I have had 150k plus matches and cant win. 

So......What is your favorite ship for each class and line? These are to me the most fun to play and the ships I play the most. 

I'll Go first. 

USN

• DM, BLACK, MONTY

IJN

• SHIMMA, YAMMY, ZAO

KM

• MAINZ, T-61, TIRPITZ

UK

• THUNDERER, MINO, LIGHTNING

COMMONWEALTH

• HOLLAND, PERTH

USSR

• KHAB, VLADSTOCK, MOSKVA 

FRANCE

• REPUBLIC, LA GLASS, KLEBER 

ITALY

• ROMA, VENEZIA

PAN-ASAIN

• LONGLIANG, HUANGHE

PREMIUM SHIPS (GRIND BOATS OR BUY)

• OHIO, SMOLENSK, LENINGRAD
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 2

[VAST_]
Members
148 posts
4,617 battles

Interesting list. Compared to you I'm a noob, so may I ask your opinion: I have pretty limited  playing time and am working both the Brit CL and USN CA lines. I have really only enjoyed the Baltimore on my way to DM but I do enjoy the Leander and Fiji quite a bit. Do you find the DM or the Mino better? I know it's kinda apples/oranges but in my case I need to pick one now bc it will be a while before I can get the other at my current rate of playing time, so I'd be glad of your opinion.

Cheers

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,712 battles
8 minutes ago, CapnCazuul said:

Interesting list. Compared to you I'm a noob, so may I ask your opinion: I have pretty limited  playing time and am working both the Brit CL and USN CA lines. I have really only enjoyed the Baltimore on my way to DM but I do enjoy the Leander and Fiji quite a bit. Do you find the DM or the Mino better? I know it's kinda apples/oranges but in my case I need to pick one now bc it will be a while before I can get the other at my current rate of playing time, so I'd be glad of your opinion.

Cheers

The DM would be my offer. The DM is a heavy cruiser, and will not be just flattened if it is caught in the open. The skill cap is high on both ships. However, DM is just a brilliant boat! The t9 is also great! Here is a game I has yesterday shot-20.09.09_23.09.59-0609.jpg (2560×1440)

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Clearly somebody has hacked into and taken over MEANN'S account. No way this is him. Lol.

USN

• WOOSTER, SEATTLE, MONTY, OLD BALTIMORE

IJN

• HOSHO, YAMMY, YUGO, ZAO

KM

• Z52, HINDI, KURF, ROON

UK

• GOLIATH, JUT, KGV, CONQ, DEVON, FIJI, JERVIS

COMMONWEALTH

• NA

USSR

• KREM, PETRO, DONSKI, GROZ, OLD KHAB

FRANCE

• REPUBLIC, LA GLASS, MOGADOR, KLEBER 

ITALY

• BRINDISI, VENEZIA

PAN-ASIAN

• YUEYANG

PAN-EURO - All DD

• OHIO, GEORGIA, MISSOURI, ASASHIO, MUSASHI, LENINGRAD, THUNDERER, HAIDA, FRIESLAND, SILIWANGI, WV, NELSON, TIRPITZ, 61, KIDD, SIMMS, MAINZ, YOSHINO, STALINGRAD, CESARE, NIKOLAI, KONIG ALBERT, OLD SAIPAN, AND A FEW OTHERS

Edited by thebigblue
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 1

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,712 battles
11 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Clearly somebody has hacked into and taken over MEANN'S account. No way this is him. Lol.

I can change, im growing...lol

• Funny 1

[SYKO]
Members
63 posts
7,872 battles

USN

• DM, I don't like my geering, or bb's.

IJN

• Haru/Shima, Nope (Nope is short for I don't like or have this line fully ground, will put in ship tiers if I like the line but don't have it ground to 10)

KM

• Nope

UK

• Do like the tier 6 CA here, otherwise Nope.

COMMONWEALTH

• Nope

USSR

• All hail this one... MOSKVA or I will kill you with it, nope.

FRANCE

• Henri, KLEBER 

ITALY

• Up to tier 7 here and hate them all.

PAN-ASAIN

• I don't like this whole line.

• Salem, Tirpitz (it belongs down here, not in KM), Kronshdadt, Stalingrad.

TLDR: TOP 3 (in order from best to worst)  Moskva, Kronshdadt, Stalingrad.    Yes, Stalin is better than Kron, but Kron is tier 9 so it's not taking up the Moskva's play time.

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
2,720 posts
6,816 battles
1 hour ago, MEANN said:

So......What is your favorite ship for each class and line?

My Favs atm don't stretch through all the countries but here are my current ones :

US:     Somers,  Wooster, Mass

RU: Grozovoi ( full blown gun boat build, the thing don't need concealment captain.)

KM: GK , Hindi

Euro:  Halland.

and that is about it. 

• Cool 1

[POP]
Members
4,750 posts
12,813 battles

Mine right now, per nation (but not necessarily in any order):

US - DM, Alaska, Georgia, Helena

IJN - Myoko and Takao, probably

KM - Bismarck and Odin with max secondary memes

UK - Thunderer and Emerald

Pan EU - Friesland

Pan Asia - Anshan (currently my only PA ship)

Russia - Chapy, Moskva, Stalingrad

France - Jean Bart, Saint Louis, and (somewhat) Charles Martel. I’d probably like Henri more if it didn’t accelerate like a 1 ton brick in quicksand

Italy - only up to Trento, but it and Montecuccoli are both enjoyable 

• Cool 1

Members
33 posts
395 battles

I'm still pretty new but here's my breakdown:

Charlieston: pew pew. I loved the st. Louis so it made perfect sense to buy the premium version. Deceptively tanky due to citadel location (I think?) And lots of health. Shoots fast with lots of guns which is fun.

Firemansk: agile with fast firing guns, spotter plane, torps, and good AP (according to the wiki). What's not to love?

Pepsicola: despite the fragility I hardly ever have a bad time in it. Powerful guns (I think?), Good AA. I wish it was agile like the murmansk.

Julio chesapeake: I don't know how I got it, don't care. Always have a good time in it for some reason.

That's it for now. I look forward to playing down the American CA, Russian CA, German BB, and German cruisers to find more ships that don't feel like grinding.

• Cool 1

[DJL]
Members
235 posts
6,990 battles

Time to get eating alive...

Us- Enterprise,Lexington,Midway,Montana and Massachusetts,Alaska.

Ijn- Kaga,yamma,kongo

Brit- Indomitable,thunder,Fiji,ark, Audacious.

Russian-petro,Kremlin 

French- champagne, Alsas,Jaguar

German - red barron,von pol,GK,mainz,tirpitz.

Edited by Athrun2021
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,712 battles
12 minutes ago, Athrun2021 said:

Time to get eating alive...

Us- Enterprise,Lexington,Midway,Montana and Massachusetts,Alaska.

Ijn- Kaga,yamma,kongo

Brit- Indomitable,thunder,Fiji,ark

Russian-petro,Kremlin 

French- champagne, Alsas,Jaguar

German - red barron,von pol,GK,mainz,tirpitz.

this is not an eating post but a idea post for everyone to share their fav ships!

• Cool 1

[DJL]
Members
235 posts
6,990 battles
1 minute ago, MEANN said:

this is not an eating post but a idea post for everyone to share their fav ships!

Know where ya coming from just use to the hate(no pun intended) just by saying a cv it's like Harry Potter with him who's name shall not be said.

• Cool 1

[WOLF9]
Members
4,675 posts

Interesting that Mainz should be listed in the OP,  As I was JUST eyeing it up in the premium shop yesterday...  Are you a mind reader, Meann??

Anyhow;

US:  pretty much the entirety of both cruiser lines, but especially the Balti; Buffalo; DM/Salem;  Seattle; and Cleveland.    Also,  WV 41;  Iowa; Montana; Mass.  And, my beloved Arizona!!

for DD's;  SIMS!!!!;  Mahan;  Hill;  Nicholas and Benson.  ALL of them are both very good- and very fun, though!

France:  Alsace;  Jean Bart;  Gascan; Repub; Bayard; Lyon;  Richie;   Even Courbet and the tier 5 are great fun.   For DD's, every stinking one of them!  WG hit that nail right on the head- what I, personally, wanted DD's to play like.   Marceau is the newest DD love of my life, though.   Lyon is one of my go to BB's for missions and just fun.  It simply ticks all the right boxes.

Great Britiain.    Cossack!!!  All of the DD's are entertaining as heck to play- but Cossack just takes the cake!   Somebody on the WG dev team is just plain mean for coming up with that monster- and I thank them for it.   Fiji, is a ship I just started- but am growing to like more and more.   Exeter is also a fave, as is the Surrey.    RN BB's mostly just annoy me, but DOY; KGV; and Hood have all provided me with enjoyable games as often as not.   The tier 6 CV is the one I've had the most success with of all my CV's.

Germany.   Hindenburg!!!  Bismarck- now that the main battery got some love, it really transformed the playing experience.   Nurnberg.   Squishy, but meaner than a grizzly with a sore tooth!  Which makes it FUN to play.  The tier 4 DD  V-170, I think?   What a nasty little beast this ship is!   It easily unseated Izzy as my favorite tier 4 DD.  The tier 6 is my new favorite German DD.   Yorck gets an honorable mention, as the ship that made me love CA's.

Soviet Union.   Svietlana, lol.  Also, Izzy; Oggie;  Minsk/Leningrad;  the tier 5 DD.    Just getting into the BB's.

Pan Asian:  Gadja Mada;  Huanghe   and the tier 8 Kutuzof klone

Japan.  KII  Ashitaka;  Mogami.   That silly little tier 3 premium cruiser- it's slow as hell,  but always performs well for me, as does Yubari.

Commonwealth:  Perth, and the Canadian DD.

Italy;  Guillio;   and, surprisingly, Raimundo, lol.

Just begun the Pan-EU line, but I really enjoyed the tier 1 Polish gunboat.    It now joins Bougainville and Cheng AN on my tier 1 floaty botes go to list, lol.

• Cool 1

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,712 battles

I have to admit that The Texas has and always will be a favorite. 

[HATE]
Members
1,073 posts
17,712 battles
15 hours ago, Final8ty said:

IJN: Shima

IJN: Shima

I am shocked...lol how many games do you have