Lert

Rest in peace Diana Rigg

15 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,785 posts
20,267 battles

Today passed from us Diana Rigg, aged 82, from the effects of cancer. She was 82 years old.

wLbS1RB.jpg

She is most well known for roles in Game of Thrones, for being a Bond girl and for her role as Emma Peel in the 1960s The Avengers TV series.

zCPbatF.jpg

A prolific and respected actress and quite a beauty in her prime. The world is lesser for her loss.

Edited by Lert
  • Cool 8
  • Sad 3

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles

She was sexy even into her 70's. Few women pull that off and she was an excellent actress.

love-you-rose.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[INTEL]
[INTEL]
Members
7,704 posts
36,244 battles

Sad to learn about it. She was in The Avengers..

Edited by alexf24

Members
675 posts
9,419 battles

While growing up and watching her as Emma Peel on the Avengers I had a massive crush on her - she was incredibly sexy(and smart) back in the day.

GoT was a fitting cap to her career.

RIP.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles
50 minutes ago, alexf24 said:

Sad to learn about it. She was in The Avengers..

I guess you are thinking of a different Avengers that pre dated the comic based movie by a long period of time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054518/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

Edited by BrushWolf

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,182 posts
46 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I guess you are thinking of a different Avengers that pre dated the comic based movie by a long period of time.

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0054518/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_3

Growing up in the midwest, it was a challenge to see some foreign TV shows. The Avengers was available for a year, I believe... so was The Prisoner... another great show, if you haven't seen it. 

I had the opportunity to chat up this lady up because of an imported British TV show: 

louisejameson.jpg

If you don't remember her maybe this will help?

e52906a1153c7730a6d04ad55c747822.jpg

Gosh we talked a lot about her life apart from Dr. Who. It was wonderful to chat with her.  Great person. 

"Emma Peel" would have been a great hoot to have spoken with, I'm sure she had many lovely stories she could have shared alone which she wouldn't have shared publicly. 

As others have said though, Diana will always be Emma Peel to me. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,488 posts
14,823 battles
9 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

Growing up in the midwest, it was a challenge to see some foreign TV shows. The Avengers was available for a year, I believe... so was The Prisoner... another great show, if you haven't seen it. 

I had the opportunity to chat up this lady up because of an imported British TV show: 

louisejameson.jpg

If you don't remember her maybe this will help?

e52906a1153c7730a6d04ad55c747822.jpg

Gosh we talked a lot about her life apart from Dr. Who. It was wonderful to chat with her.  Great person. 

"Emma Peel" would have been a great hoot to have spoken with, I'm sure she had many lovely stories she could have shared alone which she wouldn't have shared publicly. 

As others have said though, Diana will always be Emma Peel to me. 

We didn't get The Avengers when it came out but a local station picked it up when it went into syndication and we got the entire series.

[WPORT]
Members
7,159 posts
12,178 battles

I first discovered Diana Rigg via her work in the Avengers television show.

Thoroughly enjoyed her role in a much more recent Doctor Who season, too.

And @Herr_Reitz, I remember Leela, too.  I enjoyed her work alongside Tom Baker.  :-)

Glad these ladies, and many others, performed such stellar work and gave us so much to be thankful for.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
736 posts
9,760 battles

Her work in On Her Majesty's Secret Service is how I remember her most.
Many years ago on I somehow saw the ending of the movie on TV and was so displeased (as in heartbroken) with her character's ending that I didn't actually sit to watch the movie in it's entirety until just a few years ago.

Her hair style here just seems to come out of the Space 1999 series (although I'm aware that style was much more widely seen than just in that series).
image.png.d960962f471e0f8184e50da06fdb72b2.png

Anyway, never really saw the Avengers but in parts, as that show didn't really appeal to me back then, though it seemed to be on all the time.

Rest in peace

EDIT:  By the way, this is the 2nd Bond girl lost this year with Honor Blackman (P Galore) being the other.   2020, you can stop it now.

Members
3,664 posts
42,437 battles

" We have all the time in the world."

A true rose among thorns. She was Bond's only wife in the above mentioned movie. Her role in The Avengers TV show was iconic. And a shape of things to come.

She will be terribly missed.

Rest in peace.🌹

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman
  • Sad 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,182 posts

I believe this is what led him to live the playboy lifestyle hereafter... no commitments, no strings, no nothing. It would also allow him to be somewhat ruthless and cold when performing his role as a double O agent. 

She will be missed to be sure.  

[BB-57]
Members
375 posts
14,805 battles

She absolutely nailed the part of  Olenna Tyrell in Game of Thrones.  Can't think of anyone who could have pulled off that role better.