Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Best CV Line?

8 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,734
[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,849 posts
17,422 battles

USN line is the most forgiving. Like the USN DD’s, Jack of all trades

IJN line is the strongest over all. Mainly BB and CA/CL killers

RN line is good for burning things to a crisp. Downfall is may be times when you need more alpha damage done quick opposed to the slower burning to death damage. They make good DD hunters with their rocket attack planes.

German CV’s cruiser killers. AP rocket attack if done properly and RNG on your side. You can chunk a lot of health quick with multiple citadels.

Future Russian CV’s I have a feeling will be very stronk. Probably will be the strongest line available when they come out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,133
[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
16 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

 

Future Russian CV’s I have a feeling will be very stronk. Probably will be the strongest line available when they come out.

Scuttlebutt says they will be modeled on the new Ford class CVNs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,073
[SALVO]
Members
25,816 posts
28,151 battles
9 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

Scuttlebutt says they will be modeled on the new Ford class CVNs.

I was thinking that they might be modeled after the Battlestar Galactica.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
986
[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,377 posts
13,055 battles
5 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

USN line is the most forgiving. Like the USN DD’s, Jack of all trades

IJN line is the strongest over all. Mainly BB and CA/CL killers

RN line is good for burning things to a crisp. Downfall is may be times when you need more alpha damage done quick opposed to the slower burning to death damage. They make good DD hunters with their rocket attack planes.

German CV’s cruiser killers. AP rocket attack if done properly and RNG on your side. You can chunk a lot of health quick with multiple citadels.

Future Russian CV’s I have a feeling will be very stronk. Probably will be the strongest line available when they come out.

I'll just add, USN is good in the anti-DD role, in addition to being a solid generalist.

IJN is weaker against DD's, and while they have the fastest general purpose torps, they have a longer arming distance, so dropping them at targets between islands can be a challenge.

RN, are the opposite, with a very short arming distance torps, but they're kinda slow. They're much easier to sneak attacks in on targets in between islands.

Tech Tree Germans are generally weak v/s DD's, and don't let the super fast torps mislead you. They're low damage anti-DD weapons, not one of your bread and butter weapons. The premiums vaguely resemble the tech tree, in that they can actually function with the same captains builds, and the ships look German. They play entirely differently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
68
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
231 posts
10,592 battles

Best CV Line? Why the Gold Line, of course! Just layout your $50 for a T8 Kaga with TBs that drop FOUR torps at once! Or for $60 buy Graf Zeppelin which equally potent planes. Ahhh, the sweet sound of players rage quitting as you pump a dozen torps into their Bismark and send it down, eh? And since they are T8, you can sometimes seal club T6 ships that have little chance of stopping you with AA!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×