Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
captgigad15

Post battle discussion

7 comments in this topic

[PTRGT]
Members
7 posts
3,045 battles

Is there a place where you can contact players about mistakes I made during a battle to understand what I did wrong so it won't happen again. Being called  stupid during the game doesn't help a person become a better player.

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,829 posts
25,065 battles

Just make a thread asking for help, any pertinent details if possible.  Attach the replay also.  Replays are found in the "replays" folder in your game's directory, for example: C:\Games\World_of_Warships_NA\replays

You can view them yourself if you want.  Double click on the replay file and when the computer asks what app to open them with use the "WorldOfWarships" file below:

ZU6mpHk.jpg

To attach the replay to your post, just drag it to the bottom of the post where the paper clip icon is.

And congrats on taking the steps to get better.  It won't be easy, it likely will take time.  I used to have about a 43-45% WR with 1200 Random Battles and got better at it.  I sucked so bad before, so improving can be done.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,852 posts
17,450 battles

I would recommend searching out for YouTubers who do good tutorial videos and explain what is happening as it is happening.  If it is DD’s you seek advice and knowledge I highly recommend Destroyer_KuroshioKai. He is in my opinion the best teacher of DD play in game. Another outstanding teacher is Lord Zath of the -K- clan. He hosts replay theaters. 
Both have teachers hearts and are not condescending or judgemental.

• Cool 1

[PTRGT]
Members
7 posts
3,045 battles

thanks for the info. I have watched some of them to get better. Started playing a DD to participate in one of the Tier 2 through 4 battles. Different mindset than a BB or Cruiser. Just lost the game at the end after doing ok until that point. not sure what I did wrong at the end. . I would be good to be able to get feedback from the battle I was just in . I now there is a chat between players how can I reach out to them after the game?

[WOLF3]
Members
28,829 posts
25,065 battles

One of the things people may ask while helping you out is what your build is for the ship in question.  Without having to type out a long explanation you can use Fitting Tool to show your build.  For example is an example Baltimore build here.  Put the build together and provide the link so others can see it.  What ships can and can't do is very heavily dictated by the build.

[WOLFG]
Members
31,369 posts
9,649 battles
3 hours ago, Markrb_1 said:

Is there a place where you can contact players about mistakes I made during a battle to understand what I did wrong so it won't happen again. Being called  stupid during the game doesn't help a person become a better player.

You can add them to your friend list, and contact them in port.

Be forewarned though, many are just going to take the opportunity to harangue you further, and may not know what you did wrong, or be mistaken.

Best approach is to upload the replay and link to it here. You'll get better and more consistent feedback.

Sign in to follow this