You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
ArcticLancer

Asymmetric Battles - I knew it was possible, but ...

17 comments in this topic

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

This depends on your time of day.  Honestly Asymmetric battles really made me realize how big the skill difference was for players playing off prime hours verses prime hours.   I was playing the high tier all day yesterday and between 10am and 3pm, est against real players, it was a slaughter of the low tiered team.   I was just amazed by the amount of people sailing full broadside in low tiered cruisers, always slinging AP, even against my angled Tier 8 cruiser or hell for that matter BBs not to mention DDs making horrible mistakes.  100% win rate during this time of day.  Then about 3 pm things began to change.   Suddenly these cruiser players started angling, maneuvering and throwing out HE.  BBs got their angle on too and were happily tossing HE at you if you weren't giving them good targets for AP.  DDs got canny as well and kept unspotted most of the match throwing out torps at the most inopportune times.   The skill level spike was amazing and losses started rolling in.  I imagine this represents the transition from mostly casuals off hours to many more hardcore players coming on during the prime hours but this is a bit off topic.

To get back on topic and how this is all relevant to seeing all bots on your low tiered team well if this match is during non-prime hours,  I imagine that the casual  non-prime players are just getting very tired of being slaughtered and decided to call Asymmetric quits.  I know there is no way in hell I would attempt to play as low tier during off prime after what I saw yesterday. 

• Cool 1

[F4E]
Members
310 posts
8,916 battles
19 minutes ago, Cpt_Snafu_Idgaf said:

I haven’t played one of these yet. Are the XP and credit rewards on par or better than randoms?

I believe the XP and credits are on par with random battles.  For me, the primary driver for playing asymmetric battles is the mission I have that yields gift boxes...not a massive incentive, but enough...when they are populated with a full slate of human players on both teams, they can be fun... 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
27,541 posts
14,842 battles
49 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

This depends on your time of day.  Honestly Asymmetric battles really made me realize how big the skill difference was for players playing off prime hours verses prime hours.   I was playing the high tier all day yesterday and between 10am and 3pm, est against real players, it was a slaughter of the low tiered team.   I was just amazed by the amount of people sailing full broadside in low tiered cruisers, always slinging AP, even against my angled Tier 8 cruiser or hell for that matter BBs not to mention DDs making horrible mistakes.  100% win rate during this time of day.  Then about 3 pm things began to change.   Suddenly these cruiser players started angling, maneuvering and throwing out HE.  BBs got their angle on too and were happily tossing HE at you if you weren't giving them good targets for AP.  DDs got canny as well and kept unspotted most of the match throwing out torps at the most inopportune times.   The skill level spike was amazing and losses started rolling in.  I imagine this represents the transition from mostly casuals off hours to many more hardcore players coming on during the prime hours but this is a bit off topic.

To get back on topic and how this is all relevant to seeing all bots on your low tiered team well if this match is during non-prime hours,  I imagine that the casual  non-prime players are just getting very tired of being slaughtered and decided to call Asymmetric quits.  I know there is no way in hell I would attempt to play as low tier during off prime after what I saw yesterday. 

Time of day is important but my experience playing mostly tier 5 was the tier 7/8 players felt like they were impervious to the low tier ships and enjoyed disabusing them of that with my Texas and other tier 5's.

[--V--]
Members
1,466 posts
13,793 battles

With the matchmaking,,,,, with either players or bots on low tier team,,,, if T8 CV in the match,,, T8 team wins.

[LTPTG]
Members
2 posts
7,963 battles

Doesn't even have to be a T8 CV.  T8 BBs with secondaries can take out almost anyone without even having to fire main guns.  Especially the German Bismarck.  The rate of fire and accuracy will take out any ship and you don't stand a chance having to wait 30 seconds for main guns to reload.

[ICOP]
[ICOP]
Members
443 posts
7 minutes ago, Modman20022000 said:

Doesn't even have to be a T8 CV.  T8 BBs with secondaries can take out almost anyone without even having to fire main guns.  Especially the German Bismarck.  The rate of fire and accuracy will take out any ship and you don't stand a chance having to wait 30 seconds for main guns to reload.

Oh please.  The Bayern can take out a Bismark.

[SALVO]
Members
6,066 posts
4,995 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 12:01 PM, ArcticLancer said:

I didn't expect this to happen on my 4th game. <_<

image.thumb.png.47c37061652ab3d985db7b15a4368fca.png

At least it was over quickly. :P

Play prime time, looks like this last couple of days the T7-8 has had majority. Maybe give them another day to spend the tokens, it should revert to normal during the weekend. 

[_BDA_]
Members
434 posts
7,036 battles
41 minutes ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

Yes, Bayern can... if it was facing Bismarck.  I've sailed into a few of these matchups and faced 3 Massachusetts, a T8 carrier and a T8 cruiser (I forget which).  A very quick battle and I didn't even earn the 250 base XP to trigger the first daily.  I've since abandoned these low tier scenarios, after finally doing the 500k damage for a crate and achieving exactly zero kills.  I tried a few of the high tier battles, but Odin is just too seriously outclassed and accomplishes nothing.

[TF_64]
Members
43 posts
14,422 battles

Asymmetric battles are idiotic, low tiers wont engage and are destroyed piecemeal. If you do engage then you are by yourself, and quickly dispatched. There needs o be a penalty in place to force engagement by both sides. I have watched higher tier vessels wait to engage until after the more aggressive players have been killed off.

Members
4,358 posts
4,615 battles

I only get bot games at night. If the fee was more expensive i'd likely think, "Dang, I spent my tokens on a bot game." 

Members
162 posts
10,962 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 12:01 PM, ArcticLancer said:

Ewwwwwww that's so ugly, go wash yourself.

[NGA]
Members
2,008 posts
12,594 battles
10 hours ago, Ramagar_RoK said:

It would first need to be able to hit Bismarck. Which is questionable given Bayern’s accuracy. Or lack there of.

[TRU]
Members
713 posts
20,660 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 1:01 PM, ArcticLancer said:

Oh that is rough.   However, you can turn this against the human players as they get too comfortable.   Last night I was low tier in a DD and had only one other human on my team.  I put every one of my torps in a Bismarck and nearly got a North Carolina.  A Chappy and Odin then turned to corner me and did kill me - but by then the one human and several bots that remained were coming in full force and simply overwhelmed them.  

[DDCO]
[DDCO]
Members
134 posts
15,302 battles

I have been in one of those games where the bot's have 1 human player on the team. lucky for me it was the other team, LOL. And he just said a self eulogy for that game. As for tier match-up's, My W virginia, Bayern, P.E.F are very effective against T8 BB's. I have been whipping Bismark's like no one's business. Taking T5-6's in this battle mode is very good practice for being bottom tiered and finding way's to prevail. 

But as all thing's in this game, If you get a lousy team nothing you do is going to help you claim victory. Only a glorious death and a trip to vahalla!

When life give's you lemon's, Squeeze out the juice and spray it in your enemy's eye's!