You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

Asymmetric battles adjustment

11 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,319 posts
14,735 battles

Changes in Asymmetric Battle

Commanders!

We have increased the number of battle tokens required to go into the Asymmetric battle on tier VII-VIII ships. Now the required amount of tokens will be 450.
We have also reduced the number of battle tokens you get daily upon first login from 1000 to 800.

This will reduce the excessive efficiency of teams with tier VII-VIII ships, as well as reduce the number of bots in teams with tier V-VI ships

Good luck in battles!

[SALVO]
Members
6,038 posts
4,975 battles

Next time wouldn't be easier to increase a bit the queue time? Daily adjustments looks a bit like juggling... yes, I know it is in testing, just saying.

Had a hard time yesterday filling low tier teams, lots of bots. My last match was an almost full low tier bot team with only a human player, not really fun.

[--V--]
Members
1,466 posts
13,793 battles

This will eventually succumb to the law of diminishing returns and there will be no one with enough tokens to fill the high tier teams.   Then its just Co-Op.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,323 posts
17,497 battles

I have not had as much game time lately but I have had a the chance to play a few asymmetric battles at tier 5. Loved it! Pretty sure I do not have a win yet but they were very fun.

[SWAMP]
Members
66 posts
14,904 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 6:49 AM, Hapa_Fodder said:

Changes in Asymmetric Battle

Commanders!

We have increased the number of battle tokens required to go into the Asymmetric battle on tier VII-VIII ships. Now the required amount of tokens will be 450.
We have also reduced the number of battle tokens you get daily upon first login from 1000 to 800.

This will reduce the excessive efficiency of teams with tier VII-VIII ships, as well as reduce the number of bots in teams with tier V-VI ships

Good luck in battles!

Really?  Ya think?

Why?  I just love being on the loosing end of a ROFLSTOMP!

Nothing's going to change and the problem isn't what you are trying to fix because that is just a 'smokescreen" for what the real problem is.  It was FINE when it was 9 tier 5 and 6 vs 5 Tier 8 but since WG's lack of infinite common sense prevailed, you now get, and will continue to get, ROFLSTOMP after ROFLSTOMP but now, everyone is playing tier 8 and tier 5 and 6 are being filled with BOTS.

Well done WG;  Well Done!

[SWAMP]
Members
66 posts
14,904 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 7:58 AM, groomsiebelle said:

I'd already kinda forgotten about this mode. 

Don't worry,  it was just another cruel joke by WGing

[SWAMP]
Members
66 posts
14,904 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 11:23 AM, paradat said:

I have not had as much game time lately but I have had a the chance to play a few asymmetric battles at tier 5. Loved it! Pretty sure I do not have a win yet but they were very fun.

You have been lucky then because EVERY game I played has been a Tier 8 ROFLSTOMP and I do not think it is going to change anytime soon.

[DAV]
Members
43 posts
9,360 battles

Not only is it a T8 ROFLSTOMP, but WG MM will allow 2 T8 CV's in a team of 5, making the match ( I call it a match, but really it is just a turkey shot in disguise) a joke. In Random CV's are limited to 2 in a team of 12, that's 16% of the team make up, 2 in a team of 5 is 40%, that's just under 3 times as many, T5 and T6 have little or no answer to 1 T8 CV, so you put 2 in the top tier team, you really like a good laugh don't you WG! If I encounter another battle with 2 top tier CV's, I will not be playing it, irrespective of the team I am in, it is a forgone conclusion, and that is no fun as far as I am concerned! And the point of 'playing' is for the fun of it, isn't it??

Ironically, on PTS it was the low tier teams ROFLSTOMPING, and the high tiers were full of bots. The result seems to be very dependent on the make up of ships. On PTS the lower tier team was usually stacked with torpedo DD's, and the top tier, a high number of BB's, making for a torpfest, and the low tier would win 90% of the time (my experience). Introducing a CV to the high tier swings the balance back in favour of the high tier, as low tier have no answer, and planes to a large degree nullify the DD advantage (once spotted their low health pool results in sudden death).

So if you intend to keep this format WG, you are going to have to give some very serious thought to how MM handles the make up of the teams!!!!!

Further to this, I have now encountered a game with 3 CV's on 1 side and none on the other. It was a complete whitewash!!! Again I reiterate, MM is going to need some real work before this mode is ready for the real world!!

Edited by BiggNuGgEt
Further information.

[BIER]
Members
463 posts
7,417 battles

The worst part is that the scoring is kept the same for both sides.

Given the frailty of the T5 and T6s, sinking them quickly means the high-tier team wracks up HUGE points fast, and the low-tier teams struggle to just avoid being 0'd out, let alone actually sink stuff when 40% of the team is dead within 4 minutes.

The current system simply has far too many problems with it, and should be withdrawn.

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,027 posts
12,529 battles

A better move would to place more emphasis on the greater numbers of t5 ships vs t8 ships. The current ratio's were too narrow and led to most t5 teams hiding behind a rock until they're surrounded or the battle points kick them out.