You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

heard u dont get chat banned if you're nice to people

63 comments in this topic

[NH]
Members
0 posts

This builds up hidden negative karma after it happens a few times then I get chat banned a few games down the road for saying something like "need radar on A" because some player on the other team reported me for simply playing the game. WG please do something because I'm about out of patience. Real tired of being a professional ticket filer from appealing chat bans. Fix your system because it being abused. 

Edit: this is actually two different people on the other team saying these things. You cant tell due to me hiding the names.

image.png.618de4c26930988b4fd09b2afdda3155.png

image.png.b845998e7797d6704531ded4ff37d913.png

Edited by SecondClassCVCitizen
  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 16
  • Meh 2

[EQRN]
Members
2,166 posts
19,104 battles

I had a funny chat ban recently.  Pink player in co op opens fire on a bot DD until he dies due to reflected damage.  I made a derogatory comment about him and next log in I’m chat banned.  I trust he sent screenshots of what I said and not a replay, as sending a replay of himself explicitly TK’ing probably would not have got him far.  I thought about sending in the replay to CS to see how they felt about WG taking the side of intentional griefers/team killers but decided the guy wasn’t worth the effort.

• Haha 1
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles

Step 1)  Create an incredibly punishing and painful PvP game that people enjoy playing

Step 2)  Add a class that can sit in the back virtually immune to damage and counter play that can equal the damage output of the highest damage class

Step 3) Gold.  Plated.  Shark.  Tanks.

• Cool 14
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 4

[CLUMP]
Members
1,181 posts
1,485 battles
54 minutes ago, SecondClassCVCitizen said:

This builds up hidden negative karma after it happens a few times then I get chat banned a few games down the road for saying something like "need radar on A" because some player on the other team reported me for simply playing the game. WG please do something because I'm about out of patience. Real tired of being a professional ticket filer from appealing chat bans. Fix your system because it being abused. 

Edit: this is actually two different people on the other team saying these things. You cant tell due to me hiding the names.

So was this player that got rekt by you in CV playing like a fool been a yolo warrior :fish_book: Because if he or she was he would get rekt regardless :Smile_teethhappy: 

Edited by LastRemnant

[NH]
Members
0 posts
4 minutes ago, LastRemnant said:

So was this player that got rekt by you in CV playing like a fool been a yolo warrior :fish_book: Because if he or she was he would get rekt regardless :Smile_teethhappy: 

One of them was, the other was not. He got AP bombed in a Worcester sitting bow on 100% stationary behind a small island because he was pinned down from fire. 

• Cool 1

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles
1 hour ago, SecondClassCVCitizen said:

Why are you concerned over a chat ban. From what I see in chat it is nothing important to winning the game 99.999999999999999999999999999% of the time.

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles

Don't want to get toxic responses in chat? Don't get in a toxic mechanic that is widely hated. The slur was unnecessary, but the basic sentiment is correct.

Nobody posts here saying "whenever I play battleships destroyers or cruisers i get reported..."

Players who work for a living don't like giving up free citadels to someone who sits at the back of the map pushing buttons and taking no risks.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 17
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 8

[NH]
Members
0 posts
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Don't want to get toxic responses in chat? Don't get in a toxic mechanic that is widely hated. The slur was unnecessary, but the basic sentiment is correct.

Nobody posts here saying "whenever I play battleships destroyers or cruisers i get reported..."

Players who work for a living don't like giving up free citadels to someone who sits at the back of the map pushing buttons and taking no risks.

Thats some major blame the victim mentality there. One could say dont like getting farmed by a game mechanic then dont play the game. Same logic applies.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
10 minutes ago, SecondClassCVCitizen said:

victim mentality

Your user name seems to imply you might be a bit of an expert on that.

• Cool 12
  • Funny 1
  • Meh 1

Beta Testers
3,497 posts
5,943 battles
3 minutes ago, SecondClassCVCitizen said:

CV players are fed up with it for sure. 

I'm sure WG will figure out a way to make it better for you.  Or they might decide to monetize you at some point.  Good luck!

• Meh 1

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,096 battles

Chat bans just shouldn't be a thing. It's ridiculous to take away communication in a game that has no voice coms. People should just have to deal with what they see in chat or turn on a filter like in any other game. People will eventually need to handle the reality of the world not being a nice place

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles
1 hour ago, SecondClassCVCitizen said:

Thats some major blame the victim mentality there. One could say dont like getting farmed by a game mechanic then dont play the game. Same logic applies.

How am I blaming the victim? The Worcester was the victim. 

no the same logic doesn't apply.  it's not fundamentally unethical to play a Worcester.  it is fundamentally unethical to play a CV.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[BROOK]
Banned
2,260 posts
1 hour ago, jondoom said:

Chat bans just shouldn't be a thing. It's ridiculous to take away communication in a game that has no voice coms. People should just have to deal with what they see in chat or turn on a filter like in any other game. People will eventually need to handle the reality of the world not being a nice place

I concur.  I have read numerous times that it's a generational problem. Today's under 30s grew up thinking everyone deserves to go home with a trophy and that mere words can give you serious booboos from which you will never recover. 

• Cool 7
  • Thanks 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,307 battles

Since you play CVs, I won't say it's right, but I will say you should get used to it.

• Cool 9

Members
3,664 posts
42,372 battles
6 hours ago, SecondClassCVCitizen said:

One of them was, the other was not. He got AP bombed in a Worcester sitting bow on 100% stationary behind a small island because he was pinned down from fire. 

"What's happens to cruisers when they park children?"

Children: "They get deleted!"

"Correct."

A cruiser has 30 knots, can turn like a squirrel on caffeine, yet getting bombed while parked is a crime?

OP, I too was cursed by red team for bombing a parked DM. The DM had his windows all foggy and it was rocking.

WG explicitly states that parking and committing hanky panky in the middle of the match is frowned upon. WG: "Nobody needs to see that, get a room!"

The DM was in clear violation as the player was engaged with his ship waifu in rather suggestively behavior.

While I was flying over I could hear the sounds of mid-coitus, I knew I had to do something. Both teams were listening in.

So, I ruined the mood for the DM. I dropped AP bombs from my Hakuryu and it went through the Captain's quarters in between the bed and into the engineering section committing a triple citadel.

The DM player was obviously upset, his team as well, because they thought the DM finished rather quickly. 2 minutes is a crime here.

But in all honesty, I did interrupt. I am certain my team and red reported me for being a meanie. "That was a low blow CV, the man was getting some and you, just had to drop off a toy in the bedroom. Go away, zero skill ***hole!"

The DM, weakened and retreating flipping me a very common hand gesture of the one finger variety, was later sunk by my torpedoes as he was in the process of rounding a corner of an island.

Again, exclamations of : "How dare you sink a defenseless DM!"

Me: "Oh come on! He was moving!"

OP, you are going to always have games like that. At least until WG fixes the rules of engagement. Because I saw a target rocking and I came a knocking. But because I interrupted a player's special moments with ship waifu, I am now the no fun police.

You can't make everyone happy, just your team with a win. Even then, you are relegated to a footnote.

"Oh yeah, we won and had an Evil CV player on our team. So what? CVs are the devil 😈!"

I don't let it bother me about the comments. Sail slow get sunk. Don't steer get sunk. Sail alone get sunk.

Just how long before the message to players sinks in? Maybe never.

Just play and don't answer them.

I am often accused of crimes I didn't commit. WG sees the replays, let them decide.

I think WG can resolve this better if they make it clear that reporting players for grieving requires a full replay and any violation of EULA in chat is punishable by an immediate ban.

Because that chat box is totally inappropriate language to begin with. You can get fired at work for emails like that let alone a game.

I think WG will resolve this but for the purpose of helping you, you need to send in the replay.

I only recall one player ever seriously violating the EULA and I didn't report them because if I did, that player would most likely lose their account forever. There would have been collateral damage from the outcome.

And for me personally, I don't want him to suffer for one stupid mistake. That player never did it again and it was not because I said anything to him that would convince him. But rather that player looked back at what he did and realized it was just dumb on his part. 

I felt that player learned on their own and that was fine by me.

OP, if this is a one off, then report at your discretion. It might be someone you know.

If it's repeaters, then WG will know because other reports will have corroborated that.

Just play your game and let WG balance it as the game goes on.

What I have learned is that even this mode of CV play is not everyone's cup of tea. Everyone has a favorite ship type.

Just some players don't like others playing a ship type that they themselves have yet to try out or demonstrate mastery due to lack of practice or whatever.

Good luck 🍀

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles
5 hours ago, SecondClassCVCitizen said:

CV players are fed up with it for sure. 

3a7.jpg.43fce6bca046d7bedc3a34bad23eb8b7.jpg

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[WOOKY]
Beta Testers
1,774 posts
6 hours ago, Taichunger said:

you personally get more and more of an [edited]every time you post

• Cool 1

Members
2,440 posts
5,404 battles

If I wasn’t chat banned already I would have gotten chat banned last night when a T8 shokuah (sp?) CV destroyed my T10 Des Moines. I shot down 34 planes but he was still able to kill me. Got to love this game.

• Cool 1

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,716 battles
2 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Aren't you the one that has complained multiple times about "CVs and other cancer mechanics"

Mechanics, perhaps. Ship types, no. I don't complain about DDs, CAs, or BBs. 

[KRAK]
Members
3,718 posts
21,738 battles
44 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

If they were removed to their own mode the toxicity would vanish

Who would play against them if given a choice except for other CV?  You see why this is an impossibility right?

[A-I-M]
Members
3,576 posts
14,473 battles
24 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

If that is true, why do they only address their ire at CVs?

Why isn’t EVERYONE raging at CVs? Maybe character, as well as ability to cope within game, makes a difference.