You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Asym_KS

How much Elite Commander XP do we need to Save....

39 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
4,793 posts
21,124 battles

Ok, I have twenty two, 19 point CPTs....    Seems like a lifetime of saving to keep what I have?

Or, how much should we save???

[OIL-1]
Members
1,291 posts

1.7M x 22 = 37.4 million elite commander xp.
Will prolly take you the whole weekend to earn that much. Better get started.

• Haha 2
  • Meh 1

[PISD]
Members
1,660 posts
5,832 battles

You will probably don’t need 22 full rank commander, and can cannibalize some to improve the others.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,166 posts
22,715 battles

I've got 66 of those captains. I expect to use maybe 20 of them. The rest become fodder...

I think I'll get Lutjens and maybe Jon Doe's brother and bump them to 19 pts before January.

[CO-OP]
Members
2,293 posts
26,751 battles

I would shoot for 1M.  This should get one commander to 21 points (the number 750K has been bandied about, but I would rather err on the side of too much than not enough.)  From there you can start grinding ECXP for the rest of your crews.  This should work well if you have one of the special commanders with multiple attributes that can fit a variety of ship, and have premium ships that the commander can play.

[CK5]
Members
1,495 posts
15,872 battles
39 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

You will probably don’t need 22 full rank commander, and can cannibalize some to improve the others.

What if you have your captains in 22 tech tree ships?  In that case, all 22 would be nice to have.  

I have not seen anything that suggests the cost of retraining a captain from one tech tree ship to another will be waived entirely.  Moving a captain will involve some expense or the time to retrain in a premium. 

Edited by PrairiePlayer

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,573 posts
4,223 battles

Short answer is we don't know. It may be anywhere from none to a million.

It is possible that WG may just rescale the current number to 21 points, so it takes the same amount of XP to get to 21 as it does to 19 now. Their tone (adding more points, making more build accessible) indicates this may be possible. In other words, they didn't they were tacking another 800K experience on the grind. This would also alleviate the problem of increasing the skill gap even more.

The argument against this is that this is partly to reduce the CXP glut. However, inflation in CXP was not mentioned, and nothing else in the rework seems aimed at that.

I don't think WG will just tack another 2 points on top. That's not really their style. My guess would be a partial rescaling. So the total amount needed to get to 21 increases, but not as much as straight increase. 

If they do just increase it, 20 will probably about 360K, and 21 would be around 450K, so 800K total.

Now that assumes that WG leaves 19 pointers at 19 and makes players grind them up on their own. It's possible that WG gives ranked up captains some kind of benefit without taking it out of your EXCP. Or they make look at how much CXP a captain has earned after 19, ignoring the fact that it was ECXP and may have been used for other things. Lots of options.

Overall, it's too early to start running the math. If you want to be on the safe side, then yeah, collect ECXP for sure. But it's fully possible you won't have to do any upgrading, or significantly less. Definitely don't make any firm plans until WG says how the rework will be rolled out.

[PISD]
Members
1,660 posts
5,832 battles
48 minutes ago, PrairiePlayer said:

What if you have your captains in 22 tech tree ships?  In that case, all 22 would be nice to have.  

I have not seen anything that suggests the cost of retraining a captain from one tech tree ship to another will be waived entirely.  Moving a captain will involve some expense or the time to retrain in a premium. 

Retraining a captain is fairly easy and not that costly: 200k credit and some free xp. And even in the case that you use 22 techtree ships, you do not need to change the skill on your captain since they already have baked in skills set for the 4 classes.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,270 posts
19 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Retraining a captain is fairly easy and not that costly: 200k credit and some free xp. And even in the case that you use 22 techtree ships, you do not need to change the skill on your captain since they already have baked in skills set for the 4 classes.

I am not going to be constantly retraining captains every time I want to use a ship.  Unless you are going to retrain them, all the time, you will still need a captain for each line ship you have.  The additional skill classes are only going to usable, for "free", in premium ships.  If you move a captain from one line ship to another, you will still need to retrain them, every time.

[PISD]
Members
1,660 posts
5,832 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

I am not going to be constantly retraining captains every time I want to use a ship.  Unless you are going to retrain them, all the time, you will still need a captain for each line ship you have.  The additional skill classes are only going to usable in premium ships.  If you move a captain from one line ship to another, you will still need to retrain them, every time.

Wich cost 200k and a handful of fxp (125 k for a 19pts ) at the point of having 22 level 19 commander, it shouldn’t be an issue.

and having yo play with some non maxed out commander for a while will bot be the end of the world either.

[A-D-F]
8,270 posts
3 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Wich cost 200k and a handful of fxp (125 k for a 19pts ) at the point of having 22 level 19 commander, it shouldn’t be an issue.

and having yo play with some non maxed out commander for a while will bot be the end of the world either.

It doesn't cost credits anymore.  You get 50% skill training for free, but none of the skills work, at all, until retraining is complete.  My FXP is spent on nothing but FXP ships.  Premium ships are what I use to retrain captains, because I already paid for that benefit.

I would be swapping around and retraining 20-30 captains, every day, 7 days a week.  I am not doing that.

[PISD]
Members
1,660 posts
5,832 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

It doesn't cost credits anymore.  You get 50% skill training for free, but none of the skills work, at all, until retraining is complete.  My FXP is spent on nothing but FXP ships.  Premium ships are what I use to retrain captains, because I already paid for that benefit.

I would be swapping around and retraining 30+ captains, every day.  I am not doing that.

Then play with 19 pts captain for a while. The new system give you more flexibility, no need to be angry about it.

• Meh 1

[A-D-F]
8,270 posts
2 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Then play with 19 pts captain for a while. The new system give you more flexibility, no need to be angry about it.

I am not angry at all.  I just not going to be retraining captains constantly. 

It's much more simple to just have a captain for every ship, just like we do right now.  The only real benefit from the multiple class training thing, is the ability for them to use nearly any premium ship of a nation.  Constantly swapping them around between line ships, even under the new system, is hugely inefficient and resource wasteful.

[EQRN]
Members
2,164 posts
19,090 battles

2 of my most used skills, priority target and adrenaline rush, are being bumped up a point each, so raising the cap to 21 points really isn’t getting me anything new if I want to keep those skills.

• Cool 6

[CK5]
Members
1,495 posts
15,872 battles
35 minutes ago, Y_Nagato said:

Pardon me, but that is not a useful answer.  I don't care if the cost is relatively inexpensive, there is still a cost in credits and/or fxp and I am not going to spend it if I don't have to.  

As far as captain training goes, I have all fourteen of my 19 pointers trained for dedicated ships.  I don't move them unless to a similar premium ship and I certainly do not switch skills when I do move them as you suggest.  As far as "baked in" skills, there are still options in the subsets of skills even for the same type of ship.  I still have not seen any compelling argument that I don't "need" all of the 19 point captains I have worked so hard to train.    

• Cool 1

[SBS]
Members
6,124 posts
6 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

2 of my most used skills, priority target and adrenaline rush, are being bumped up a point each, so raising the cap to 21 points really isn’t getting me anything new if I want to keep those skills.

It's almost like that was on purpose.... This is what has me pissed about the new skill rework, the deliberate "inflation".  You grind way more to get the exact same thing you now get for less.

[PVE]
Members
4,793 posts
21,124 battles

Someone earlier offer this:  only budget for a few (based on where you have the most premium ships by Nation) and only play premium ships......  And, swap those few around.  It seems, that is a good solution.....  Thanks

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
7,270 posts
23,114 battles

Still a WIP...IOW...on a seperated server these new skills are presently being tested to see how they will actually work if implemented.

That is going to take so d time & most assuredly so e of the skills will probably be altered or even removed & reached or even costs changed.

Irregardless of that...there hasn't been any announcment of whether there will be extra costs or if the 19 pointers will just become 21 pointers if you already have them.

Nothing is known yet so speculation for now is just that...speculation.

As the time gets closer to predicted release date (4 months away...new years) updates will most definitely be announced.

In the meantime you can grind ECXP if you wish to be prepared but I would suggest to save all WG containers (the ones that guarantee a day of premium) if you don't have a full stock of premium & use them along w/any XP buffs you have (signals/camos/etc) on +200% 1st win bonus days only. You can add huge stockpiles that way in case they are needed.

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,735 posts
5,389 battles

Essentially the captians stay with the ship, wahtever points they have stay with them unspent.

In other words I made a decision to get out of retraining, swapping between ships and so on. Its too insidious of a drain in credits, Doubleloons and so on. Once a captian gets the core skills most useful for that ship then all other points accumulated in captian xp etc for future adding on of 21 or whatever will be useful sometime in the future when a skill is needed or a new one is added to the spec tree.

My remuda is not that large. But shuffling retraining etc is costly. So cut that out of the game entirely. One commander grows permanently with one ship. There is a bunch more waiting in reserve. That removes the costs that I consider parasitic in the game system in terms of real dollars.

It is nice that the respec system is there. However if most of the players fail to spend into it, it will not only cut the flow of income but show or signal to WG developers that the system as it is becoming too expensive in the light of the pending 19 to 21 max system. This would be the time to accumulate captian XP and skill points so if you feel the need to go from 19 to 21 your points will be in place later this year.

I see that there are certain commanders that are most valuable. For example putting a Halsey into say a Missouri turns it into a monster killer. Reloads and deals damage faster than it itself can be sunk over time in damage taken.

Edited by xHeavy

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,844 posts
17,399 battles

I look at it like this. Most of my captains still aren’t maxed out at 19. I can play the new system with flags and build them up.

[BOTES]
Members
2,238 posts
8,569 battles
4 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

It gets extremely costly when they're 19pts and you want to mvoe them between multiple tech tree ships for extra containers. Remember, it's 250k to retrain a 19pt and that means 125k fxp if you're using 200k credits to do half the grind.

WG is lying through their teeth when they say there's an ECXP glut. There has never been nor ever will be such a thing. They just want to [edited] people over who have circumvented their moronic grinding scheme.

If they want to shake up their own system, remove gameplay penalties for retraining. Have the retraining period just affect earning ECXP. Don't punish people for playing the game. A lot of things have killed WoT over the years, but their outdated crew system is strangling what's left of the game. Don't make the same mistake here. You keep tacking on features that only benefit old players and the gap widens with new players. It is short sighted and implies you have no hope for the future of this game.

Edited by awildseaking
  • Cool 1

[PISD]
Members
1,660 posts
5,832 battles
7 hours ago, PrairiePlayer said:

Pardon me, but that is not a useful answer.  I don't care if the cost is relatively inexpensive, there is still a cost in credits and/or fxp and I am not going to spend it if I don't have to.  

As far as captain training goes, I have all fourteen of my 19 pointers trained for dedicated ships.  I don't move them unless to a similar premium ship and I certainly do not switch skills when I do move them as you suggest.  As far as "baked in" skills, there are still options in the subsets of skills even for the same type of ship.  I still have not seen any compelling argument that I don't "need" all of the 19 point captains I have worked so hard to train.    

Well, keep those 19commander then. 
i cannot tell you how to play, but rationalization can be made with the new system and you can scrap many 10 pointers in the process.

Members
6,896 posts
21,380 battles
8 hours ago, Y_Nagato said:

No need to be angry about it, going from every ship I play to none of the ships I play will provide me elite commanders xp... and no need to be angry about it?

[PISD]
Members
1,660 posts
5,832 battles
2 hours ago, Sweetsie said:

No need to be angry about it, going from every ship I play to none of the ships I play will provide me elite commanders xp... and no need to be angry about it?

Then play with you 19 pointers. Thing is, the new system do gives you an opportunity to drop the number of commanders useful and give you the opportunity to rationalize how many you have. No more need for a special commander for Mass, Asashio, PEF, Atlanta and the likes. 

• Meh 1