Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
dos_poptarts

Asymmetric - A Low Tier smackdown.

17 comments in this topic

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,509 posts
18,094 battles

Wait, was I in this match in my Kamikaze? This looks similar to an earlier match today where I torped a NC to death and then sailed around spotting everything. It was a crazy blow out. Good match.

Inquiring minds want to know.... Just nosey if you ask me. - Grumpy Cat |  Meme Generator

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,562 posts
4,223 battles

Interesting, most of mine have been high tier blow outs. High tier BBs are hard to take down.

6 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Wait, was I in this match in my Kamikaze? This looks similar to an earlier match today where I torped a NC to death and then sailed around spotting everything. It was a crazy blow out. Good match.

I had a Kami try to torp me the other night. He made the mistake of getting spotted in secondary range of Mass, didn't last long.

And yeah, looks like you in the match, despite OP's efforts you can make out the S in the clan tag and a "lly_" at the end of the name

Edited by AJTP89

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,509 posts
18,094 battles

At Tier 5 the Kami is a nightmare for all ships. Against T8 ships, not so much. The 7km torpedoes are difficult to get into range with especially with all of the hydro out there now. In the match that I mentioned the NC had backed himself away from his team and was isolated, so a perfect target for a stealthy T5 DD. 

Personally I would never charge a Mass or any of the German brawlers in a Kamikaze.  

Members
6 posts
2,502 battles
12 minutes ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

Inquiring minds want to know.... Just nosey if you ask me. - Grumpy Cat |  Meme Generator

Yes, it was you.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,207 posts

Here is a low-tier blowout on points after we took and held all three caps and the high-tier BBs were scared away by waves of torps.  The only bot was our low-tier CV.

Asym-low-win.thumb.jpg.0199c49f24bb9c82928761b2c5d9be9e.jpg

Members
6 posts
2,502 battles

What I've noticed is that if the low tier can stay alive in the first encounters and not lose 2-4 ships early, you can wittle down those tier 8 BBs. The point advantage is too great too early and the top tier can play defensively.

[SALVO]
Members
5,901 posts
4,946 battles

I prefer to call it a spanking

mk385WY.jpg

eJumpBa.jpg

Urb6B6C.jpg

This game mode is stupidly fun... when there are no bots.

• Cool 2

[-CFI-]
Members
360 posts
3,757 battles
1 hour ago, ArIskandir said:

I prefer to call it a spanking

This game mode is stupidly fun... when there are no bots.

Speak for yourself. Once I complete the related combat missions, I'm never playing this mode again.

• Cool 1

[PQUOD]
Members
2,447 posts
5,586 battles

I find the high tier BB burn nicely. Fuso / Izmail / Arizona which has great range for its tier and HE all make it a BBQ fest.

I haven't lost one match as a low tier BB yet.

[QCN1]
Members
37 posts

I must admit I really enjoy playing my special tier 5-6 ship, but I must say man after around 10 match  I don't think I'm going to play anymore. 

10 lost in a row... finished first of my team 9/10 matches, gave everything I could to make it work. But it was not even close to a win. 

Tier 8 VS 5 is a joke, my torps are 50 knots and tier 8 ships are agile and sail 30-55 knots; its the speed of most torps?

Massachusetts is godlike, CV is totally destroying tier 5-6 DD in one strike, Radar hydro everywhere cause most play german/american/soviet ship all the time.   

Of course if tier 8 ships are bots all theses comments are irrelevent, but man... 

WG maybe we can try something else for the matchmaking? i dont know there is almost no tier 7 in the matchmaking and CV+radar+hydro all the time. 

[QCN1]
Members
37 posts
4 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I find the high tier BB burn nicely. Fuso / Izmail / Arizona which has great range for its tier and HE all make it a BBQ fest.

i litteraly just saw 3-4 tier 6 BB trying to burn a massachusetts and the guy was probably laughing in his tier 8 BB... he was not even close to sink after 20 min? man, just lost 10 matchs in a row and im pissed, litteraly the whole team dying so quick it was not even fun. 

[WORX]
Members
11,910 posts
19,455 battles
5 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

At Tier 5 the Kami is a nightmare for all ships. Against T8 ships, not so much. The 7km torpedoes are difficult to get into range with especially with all of the hydro out there now. In the match that I mentioned the NC had backed himself away from his team and was isolated, so a perfect target for a stealthy T5 DD. 

Personally I would never charge a Mass or any of the German brawlers in a Kamikaze.  

In today's meta... The kami is under-preforming in the new game mod... Mainly the new German BBs having hydro and CVs make a DDs Job, reduce to spotting for the big guns.

IMO, the new German BBs and hydro have been the must popular ships and consumables for the new game mod.

[-CFI-]
Members
360 posts
3,757 battles
45 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

That's nice. I've been playing off an on all day, and I've only won two. Maybe three.

I'm sick of low tier cruisers who charge ahead instead of fighting in the second line and destroyers that don't understand smoke doesn't protect against radar. It seems most of the players who actually understand the game have moved on to high tier teams. Stupid me... I'm trying to grind some BB lines that are stuck at T6.

And I'm sick of the MM often throwing a 9 vs 7 game. At that point, the only hope the low tier team has is if the top tier team misplays. Badly. Or as one lovely chap on a top tier team said in chat in such a game, "I'm so happy WG made an official seal clubbing mode!"

Edited by Incomitatus

[TORCH]
Members
663 posts
17,002 battles

I've played something around 20-25 asym games now, all on the low-tier side.  I've won over half.  To me, the balance seems to hang largely on the number of ships per side.  When low-tier has a 4-ship advantage, they usually win.  With a 2 ship advantage, they usually lose.  Not all they time, but frequently.

As to other comments, yeah, I've seen a lot of sec build BBs out there.  I've learned to keep my lower tier CL at least 12 klicks away from them, while raining down fire and HE on 'em.  I've personally burned down several Bismarcks, Odins, Mass, and the like.  I've also been blapped by BB guns a few times.  But generally, I'd say that if they don't kill me early, they eventually learn why they should have.

[WOLFH]
Members
1,207 posts

It seems that players who just have to win consistently don't like the asymmetric mode,  or at least playing low-tier.

It also seems that players who enjoy a real challenge and don't mind taking spankings to learn lessons like the mode.

• Cool 1

Sign in to follow this