Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mister_Tanman

Low Tier Team Is So Salty!

20 comments in this topic

[BIER]
Members
269 posts
10,388 battles

I think it is funny that I have lost 12 Karma in the last 15 games as the Upper Tier team. I have been using my Cossack and won 13 of them. But for some reason my karma keeps taking a hit. LOL!

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,571 posts
4,223 battles

Do badly get reported by your team, do well get reported by the other team. Play CV get reported by both teams.

Good thing karma doesn't matter...

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[SCREW]
Members
390 posts
18,144 battles

Is there a point to this? Seems like a huge waste of a thread. 

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[HOLE]
Members
176 posts
2,157 battles
27 minutes ago, xTrowax said:

Is there a point to this? Seems like a huge waste of a thread. 

Not a wasted thread but how immature the players are in a video game.

• Boring 1

[WKY12]
Members
802 posts
12,909 battles
3 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

People keep track of their karma?

It's called narcissism.

• Cool 1

[WOLF7]
Members
175 posts
6 minutes ago, motleytanker said:

And in other amazing announcments, The sun set in the west this evening.

[PVE]
Members
1,469 posts
41,262 battles
1 minute ago, gslick said:

And in other amazing announcments, The sun set in the west this evening.

Do you have a replay or it did not happen.

• Funny 1

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,511 posts
18,105 battles
1 hour ago, AJTP89 said:

Do badly get reported by your team, do well get reported by the other team. Play CV get reported by both teams.

Image - 566702] | Morgan Freeman | Know Your Meme

[SALVO]
Members
5,934 posts
4,946 battles
50 minutes ago, Anonymous50 said:

People keep track of their karma?

46 minutes ago, T1mb3rWo1f said:

It's called narcissism.

Darn, I was thinking it was called buddhism

• Haha 1

[NES]
Members
189 posts
4,084 battles

The karma and report system should be completely removed from the game if you ask me. People that don't like how you play or what you say should just have to deal with it like they do in every other game. 

• Boring 1

[LANCE]
Members
844 posts
6,295 battles
3 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

^^^^ This. I’ve managed to reach 0 karma again so now I needn’t worry when I take a CV out for Naval Battles ... like you say, do good, do bad, do whatever you pee in someone’s wheaties!

2 hours ago, motleytanker said:

I call them “BooHoo” points and always imagine a 4 yr old throwing a temper tantrum because you didn’t play “my game” the way they wanted you too!

”Don’t worry yerself laddie! Ye can cry yersef to sleep on yer wee soft pillow until yer mammie comes up and yer can suck on her teet!!” ... you have to imagine this being said by an old Scottish grandad! :cap_haloween:

[GWG]
Members
6 posts
5,391 battles
18 hours ago, jondoom said:

The karma and report system should be completely removed from the game if you ask me. People that don't like how you play or what you say should just have to deal with it like they do in every other game. 

Couldn't agree more!!  Just finished another match to find I'm down one.  I was middle of the winning team, committed the sin of surviving and said absolutely nothing in chat the whole match.  Third time today I took a hit for no reason I could see.  I also had 6 compliments today.  So if I'm ahead by 3, why complain about karma?

Firstly, it's anonymous and allows salty players to act like small children while hiding behind their keyboard like wimps.  The slight drop in karma isn't what irritates me.  It's WG enabling jag-offs like that.  It's also a deeply flawed system that has no meaning.  Not only is the coward anonymous, but I have no idea what my alleged crime was.  Hard to improve my game (assuming I'm the problem) if I have no idea what I did.  Further to this, the coward doesn't have to justify a thing and has no repercussion for making a false report.  

I don't know if WG bothers to read threads like this or not, but if I might make a few suggestions;

1. Get rid of the karma/report system completely.

2. If the system is kept, have the name of the reporting player visible, with the alleged action that warranted the report.  I know there'll be those who will say that won't work because then the reporting player will just get reported too.  Yea, accountability sucks right.

• Cool 1

Members
1,326 posts
7,773 battles
20 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

Darn, I was thinking it was called buddhism

A jade Buddha sits on my desk, the only reason I don't get salty sometimes.

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,933 battles
1 hour ago, ThatCanuck said:

Couldn't agree more!!  Just finished another match to find I'm down one.  I was middle of the winning team, committed the sin of surviving and said absolutely nothing in chat the whole match.  Third time today I took a hit for no reason I could see.  I also had 6 compliments today.  So if I'm ahead by 3, why complain about karma?

Firstly, it's anonymous and allows salty players to act like small children while hiding behind their keyboard like wimps.  The slight drop in karma isn't what irritates me.  It's WG enabling jag-offs like that.  It's also a deeply flawed system that has no meaning.  Not only is the coward anonymous, but I have no idea what my alleged crime was.  Hard to improve my game (assuming I'm the problem) if I have no idea what I did.  Further to this, the coward doesn't have to justify a thing and has no repercussion for making a false report.  

I don't know if WG bothers to read threads like this or not, but if I might make a few suggestions;

1. Get rid of the karma/report system completely.

2. If the system is kept, have the name of the reporting player visible, with the alleged action that warranted the report.  I know there'll be those who will say that won't work because then the reporting player will just get reported too.  Yea, accountability sucks right.

Would you prefer that they inundate you with messages in port to berate you, or show up at your house?  I can tell by your attitude that you probably get reported a lot for being "brave."  Karma is meaningless and the only report that has any consequence is a misbehavior in chat.  Even that one takes multiple reports.  It's probably best to ignore it entirely or get a chuckle out of losing karma.

[FML]
Members
4,120 posts
16,057 battles
21 hours ago, jondoom said:

The purpose of the karma system is to provide a small (psychological) reward for good play and a small penalty for poor play, in the hands of players to help promote good play.  

I am a big user of the Karma system.  Generally, I give out far more positive karma than negative, and I'd wish the positive limit was 50 per cent more than the negative.  

I generally give out positive karma for: 

• Players on my team who were bottom tier but topped the team's ladder, whether win or loss; 
  • Players on my team who topped the team's ladder and had a big jump to the next best player (like 400 XP or more); 
  • Players who didnt do well on the scoreboard, but did their job really well - typically when they were massively outnumbered on the weak flank and held off the enemy for ages. 
    • I really like giving pos rep for this, but I dont notice it as often as I would like. 
  • Players who go out of their way to help me out - particularly when not asked but have read the flow of battle really well. 
    • For instance, DDs who smoke their team; or
    • Carriers who go spot enemy dds, or spectacularly nailed a major threat, or killed a bunch of attack planes who were about to nail me. 
  • Players who, in chat, genuinely help someone with questions in the game.  

I generally give out negative karma for: 

• Top tier players on my team who are bottom of the team ladder and absolutely fail (as in, 300XP or less) for "plays poorly"; because, if not them, then who?
    • This does not apply if they are detonated, as aint nobody got time for that. 
  • Players who are fairly abusive or toxic in chat, on either team. 
  • Deliberate (as opposed to accidental) teamkillers, on either team.  Though I've found these are pretty rare. 

I find it is a system that works pretty well. At least, for me.  

#StandardWords

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
6 posts
5,391 battles
12 hours ago, Amenhir said:

Would you prefer that they inundate you with messages in port to berate you, or show up at your house?  I can tell by your attitude that you probably get reported a lot for being "brave."  Karma is meaningless and the only report that has any consequence is a misbehavior in chat.  Even that one takes multiple reports.  It's probably best to ignore it entirely or get a chuckle out of losing karma.

Not sure what being "brave" means and out of the 9 "reports" I got yesterday, 6 were compliments.  I just do what I can to stay in the fight and contribute to a win.  I rarely say anything in chat.  My "attitude" is simply some accountability in the system would be nice.  Reporting a player anonymously because you're pissed you were sunk is cowardly.  And to answer your question, yes, I'd love for them to contact me in port.  At least I'd know who they were and what their problem was.

[DPG]
Members
2,044 posts
10,933 battles
7 hours ago, ThatCanuck said:

Not sure what being "brave" means and out of the 9 "reports" I got yesterday, 6 were compliments.  I just do what I can to stay in the fight and contribute to a win.  I rarely say anything in chat.  My "attitude" is simply some accountability in the system would be nice.  Reporting a player anonymously because you're pissed you were sunk is cowardly.  And to answer your question, yes, I'd love for them to contact me in port.  At least I'd know who they were and what their problem was.

Brave in contrast to your claims that reporting anonymously is cowardly.  The reporting system is a harmless way for players to blow off steam.  There are many reasons why you get one.  Maybe you sunk them, maybe they didn't feel you gave them enough support when they yoloed, perhaps their dog just crapped on the floor.  I lost 6 karma over a two day period doing Narai because I was doing it "too well" in Atlanta.  It's funny more than anything and doesn't keep me up at night.  Considering some of the messages I've received in port I'm glad the system exists.  I'm certain you wouldn't actually like having people harass you after a battle.  I guarantee if they take that step it isn't going to be a rationed discussion on why they reported you.

Sign in to follow this