You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

ST, hybrids

153 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,802 posts
20,317 battles

I've always been very doubtful whether they could be made to work without losing identity, especially after the CW rework removed direct control of the ship when a plane was in the air ...

• Cool 3

[KWF]
Members
5,282 posts
6,659 battles

It will all depend on the autopilot, for which I am pretty doubtful. If the squads, which is the most likely to happen don't maneuver to avoid the clouds there won't be much point.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,336 posts
2 minutes ago, warheart1992 said:

It will all depend on the autopilot, for which I am pretty doubtful. If the squads, which is the most likely to happen don't maneuver to avoid the clouds there won't be much point.

The auto pilot is for the ships, not the planes.  You will fly the planes like you do in a CV. 

[KWF]
Members
5,282 posts
6,659 battles
Just now, Burnsy said:

The auto pilot is for the ships, not the planes.  You will fly the planes like you do in a CV.

My god, I just noticed. That may be actually worse....

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
8,336 posts
Just now, warheart1992 said:

My god, I just noticed. That may be actually worse....

Not really, it's just a surface ship, that can temporarily switch to CV play and then back.  Hence "hybrid".

[SYN]
Members
15,884 posts
12,803 battles

so how do the 'main' batteries work on these ships?

Do they function as secondaries and attempt to shoot out to 20km for Ise and 16ish km for Tone?

Alpha Tester
598 posts
15,041 battles

So the CV rework is still not where it should be, and now this is being tested? I think the issues with the CVs should be fixed first. But now WG is working on subs, new captain skills, AA and CV spotting AND hybrids. That's just a lot going on at once. 

• Cool 2
  • Thanks 3

[A-D-F]
8,336 posts
2 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

so how do the 'main' batteries work on these ships?

Do they function as secondaries and attempt to shoot out to 20km for Ise and 16ish km for Tone?

I can't imagine that that is the case.  The main guns likely do nothing while flying the planes.  The secondaries will likely function as normal.  Switching back from the planes to the surface ship, regains control of the main guns.

[-N-]
Members
2,228 posts
14,857 battles

Main guns will go silent most likely while you control the squadron.  And you will likely have the CV Damage Control Party.

[A-D-F]
8,336 posts
1 minute ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Main guns will go silent most likely while you control the squadron.  And you will likely have the CV Damage Control Party.

" Hybrids won't have automatically activated consumables.  "

[SALVO]
Members
25,889 posts
28,263 battles
5 minutes ago, HamptonRoads said:

First submarines, then kitakami returns, now Tone/Ise. 

What's next?  The Shinano?

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
8,336 posts
Just now, Crucis said:

What's next?  The Shinano?

I hope so! :Smile_playing:

• Cool 1

[-N-]
Members
2,228 posts
14,857 battles
1 minute ago, Burnsy said:

" Hybrids won't have automatically activated consumables.  "

That is going to piss the CV players off.  

[SYN]
Members
15,884 posts
12,803 battles
8 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

I can't imagine that that is the case.  The main guns likely do nothing while flying the planes.  The secondaries will likely function as normal.

If the main guns could be manually controlled, that would be pretty game breaking for a "CV". Imagine Tone's firepower against a DD, as if rocket planes weren't good enough, now you get 8x 203mm HE with IJN accuracy and IJN boosted HE alpha.

Or say, Ise with 4x 356mm guns against a cruiser... that's just not going to end well for the cruiser, despite the cruiser being fully capable of sinking all the other T6 CVs.

Edited by MrDeaf

[A-D-F]
8,336 posts
Just now, GrimmeReaper said:

That is going to piss the CV players off.  

I am a CV player.  I won't me. 

It's going to be a vastly reduced store of planes, likely a one shot deal with slow regen, if any regen.  I don't imagine you are going to be spending nearly the time flying planes around like in a CV, so you will be in control of your ship a lot more often.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
8,336 posts
6 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

If the main guns could be manually controlled, that would be pretty game breaking for a "CV". Imagine Tone's firepower against a DD, as if rocket planes weren't good enough, now you get 8x 203mm HE with IJN accuracy and IJN boosted HE alpha.

Or say, Ise with 4x 356mm guns against a cruiser... that's just not going to end well for the cruiser, despite the cruiser being fully capable of sinking all the other T6 CVs.

The main guns are most surely going to be manually controlled but do nothing when flying the planes. 

Otherwise it isn't a "hybrid", it's just a tiny, 1/8th capacity or whatever CV.  You would spend the vast majority of the match just sitting there watching your ship play the game, with nothing for the player to do.

• Cool 1