You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

When can we expect 2 (two) IJN Unique Commanders?

11 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
948 posts
20,410 battles

Someone explain to me why am I still waiting for two (2) IJN unique Commanders???? Yes, I do have Adm I. Yamamoto. Why in the hell haven't WG introduced a unique IJN commander(s) with enhanced skills?  What is so frick'n hard about this.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

Members
635 posts
90 battles

Most of their admirals died before doing "great" things. Only reason why Yamamoto is in the the game is because his actions hit the US Navy right in the heart aka Pearl Harbour.

And since WG is a russian company and arch enemies of the USA, Yamamoto made it into the game with enhanced skills.

He was a brilliant naval tactician

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,371 posts
13,033 battles
28 minutes ago, ___V_E_N_O_M___ said:

Most of their admirals died before doing "great" things. Only reason why Yamamoto is in the the game is because his actions hit the US Navy right in the heart aka Pearl Harbour.

And since WG is a russian company and arch enemies of the USA, Yamamoto made it into the game with enhanced skills.

He was a brilliant naval tactician

Tōgō Heihachirō would be more than epic enough.

[GOB]
Members
2,485 posts

The only IJN Commander available to me is a Dasha Capt.  Yeah, I'm fine with a female commander but put her in the proper uniform.

Been waiting for new ones, with or without special talents , forever.

Wonder why.

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,815 posts
15,397 battles
15 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Tōgō Heihachirō would be more than epic enough.

Certainly more so than George Doe, Bert Dunkirk, Charles-Henri Honore, Reinhart 'von Jutland'...

It is a bit perplexing that the Japanese lack the pair of 'unique' commanders that the British, French, Germans, Pan-Asians and US have, to go with the 'legendary' Yamamoto. Maybe with another line release or event.

[BOTES]
Members
2,235 posts
8,556 battles

Hopefully they never add any more unique commanders because they're power creep for new players. Nerf the skills for all the existing ones and make them purely cosmetic.

• Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[SOUS]
Members
61 posts

I've been waiting and hoping for these for ages, they could easily add a couple of brothers to the Armory like the other ones in there, one for 1500 doubloons and one for 35 000 coal. Skills with enhanced EM and SE or PM or something. There are so many IJN boats that can benefit with the EM skill, it's a pity we can only get Yamamoto.

[KSC]
Members
2,263 posts
13,901 battles
13 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I want Nagumo with special skill for increased Detonation chance on CVs.

200.gif.3a0fc4057dca34f6ef07d67d1914b3a9.gif

• Haha 1

[CLUMP]
Members
1,172 posts
1,454 battles
13 hours ago, ArIskandir said:

I want Nagumo with special skill for increased Detonation chance on CVs.

NZS2joS.gif

Shh stop giving wargaming ideas now :Smile_hiding:

• Funny 1

[PVE]
Members
4,788 posts
21,093 battles
16 hours ago, Kestrel_Falcon said:

Someone explain to me why am I still waiting for two (2) IJN unique Commanders???? Yes, I do have Adm I. Yamamoto. Why in the hell haven't WG introduced a unique IJN commander(s) with enhanced skills?  What is so frick'n hard about this.

Because they are Japanese?  Ah, me thinks there is a bit of history and animosity on that front; and, I seriously doubt they'd ever issue anything that would help the IJN in this game..........other than to sell some silly clone ship....

Many of us have been asking for years now.