You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hapa_Fodder

NA Community time with Mademoisail and Hapa_Fodder

12 comments in this topic

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
4,323 posts
14,736 battles

Standby for words from the Chief.

Come join @Mademoisail and I on Friday Sept 11th at 1700 central (5pm for you non-military types).

We'll play shooty botes, we'll talk about upcoming content, we'll chat, we'll laugh and cry (hopefully not) and have a grand ole time!

Join us on the official World of Warships Twitch channel!

www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

Make sure your WG account and your Twitch account are linked so you can get the channel specific (hint, hint) drops and Twitch missions!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

• Cool 2

Members
9 posts
4,786 battles

I've been on the internet since dial up modems.  I have no idea what a twitch drop is. Is is part of "twitter" .. Does it cost extra money ? Been with WG for 2 plus years. Maybe you could post the basics in a newsletter... 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
9,570 posts
24,842 battles
11 minutes ago, OceansAway said:

I've been on the internet since dial up modems.  I have no idea what a twitch drop is. Is is part of "twitter" .. Does it cost extra money ? Been with WG for 2 plus years. Maybe you could post the basics in a newsletter... 

Twitch is like YouTube, but most of the videos are people streaming live. If you watch a WoWS approved streamer playing the game, you have a chance of receiving a free loot crate. The people streaming the game will have a note in their description that says "loot drops enabled" or something like that to let you know they are participating in the program. I can only assume you don't have Twitch Prime but if you have an Amazon Prime membership already, then by all means sign up as there are other benefits you get by doing so. It most definitely is NOT worth it to buy a membership if you are only going to use your membership for what you can get for the Wargaming titles. 

Edited by Taylor3006

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,252 posts
4,766 battles
11 hours ago, OceansAway said:

Twitch is not like Twitter.  Google is your friend.

Also, https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/twitch/stream-rewards-098/

Members
12 posts
19,511 battles

I still think it was debatable what liquid was in her cup. All joking aside I figure this is as good a place as any to thank you and the staff at WG for Your work with the community, and the game. It is rather personal to me, as I was hit by a drunk driver while riding my GSX-R home one night and suffered quite a severe head trauma. In fact I was dead for about 25 minutes before being revived. The impact was enough to knock fillings from my teeth, but enough on that. The end result was that I had poor motor skills, much like a person who had to much to drink, I slurred my words and often had one hand on a cane and the other along the wall so I didn't fall down. This was my reality for about 2 years, and about when I had picked up this game. My win rate was abysmal, as to be expected, but my love of the historical content kept my interest. The platform or game play was more of what you say a thinking mans game, so this was particularly challenging, as much like chess involves strategy and a bit of using what I had lost. Today I looked at the charts in wows numbers, and the graphs, and a smile came to my face as my recovery is documented in those simple lines and numbers. Yes it is taking time, and no my stats aren't that great looking at the big picture, but they are improving, and this gives me hope on a level beyond words. I also have made friends here in the community, so a thank you goes out to them as well. 

To sum up, the work you do has more meaning than even you realize, well at least to me.

Thank you.1410967938_104485049_10223659692426962_455773957303403040_o(1).thumb.jpg.c173f6719b2f2175f7c036ad700e578a.jpg

[WPORT]
Members
7,250 posts
12,265 battles
16 hours ago, OceansAway said:

Hope this link will help.

https://www.twitch.tv/worldofwarships

[WPORT]
Members
7,250 posts
12,265 battles

@Vanth_Dreadstar, nice bike.  Awesome story of your recovery journey.  Glad you're here.
"Ride on", eh?  :-)
:cap_look::cap_viking::cap_like::Smile_honoring: