You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Meta_Man

French DD line the good the bad and the ugly

3 comments in this topic

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles

Hello  captains , here is my overview of the French destroyer line:fish_viking: . What they are good at , bad at and how to put yourself in position to excel in them . It is a good video to watch if you even want to learn about what you are missing in the other dd lines . My Youtube channel is Meta_Man2002 please subscribe if you find the video helpful , have a great day .:cap_cool:

Edited by Meta_Man
adding video
  • Cool 1

Members
2 posts
376 battles

What nation is good for someone new to dd? Think I'm up to T4 IJN and T3 USN, and mainly just been driving around launching torps down alleyways trying not to be spotted and the like but was thinking UK because they have lots of short smokes for 'oh crap' moments newer players will have.

[META_]
Members
1,660 posts
17,317 battles
3 hours ago, Krakti said:

What nation is good for someone new to dd? Think I'm up to T4 IJN and T3 USN, and mainly just been driving around launching torps down alleyways trying not to be spotted and the like but was thinking UK because they have lots of short smokes for 'oh crap' moments newer players will have.

First off your story is like most of ours. Each nationa has advantages and disadvantages...American is great long smoke good close range dpm  bad detection....learn to use islands to ambush and get close to the enemy..IJN torp destroyers are the best torps but possibly the worst dpm in the game so you can kill bigger ships but struggle against dds and cruisers...British have those great short smokes to disengage , they have good to great concealment with great turning and hydro...either the best or close to to best knife fighter as you move up the line....Germans have the best hydro but ok smoke and weaker guns vs other dds......Long story sorry..tried to give you an overview of some of them...I'd go British next like you said.....i have lots of dd videos and explain my line of thinking and reasoning for my actions,  my youtube channel Meta_Man2002 check it out if you get a chance and subscribe if the videos are helpful,  they are definitely aimed at newer and mid level captains ...good luck captain.