Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
crazyferret23777

Goliath ?

144 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

130
[DRNX]
[DRNX]
Members
474 posts
12,269 battles

Is the reload mod better then the range mod? I ask because it's range of 16.8 along with slow shells seems like it would be a problem? TIA

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts

Range. Ran both ways when she was new. Range.

It hits hard. Doesn't like being hit. Distance is life early on. Cruisers are BB food. I'd rather have a few more minutes in the match than a second or two faster reloads. Besides it's a decent open water dancer, unlike any Russian cruiser, so you will often be able to bring all guns to bear on targets. You simply don't need the reload.

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,836
[SIDE]
Members
4,939 posts
29 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

why would anyone play this junk ship over a Salem?

Bigger guns. Better HE. Wrecks armor that Salem can only ping. Prob equivalent AP. More range. Super heal. Good torpedos for oh-snap moments. Tanky when angled. Free. You are asking the wrong question man.

  • Cool 4
  • Thanks 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[X-PN]
Members
611 posts
7,243 battles
8 minutes ago, thebigblue said:

Bigger guns. Better HE. Wrecks armor that Salem can only ping. Prob equivalent AP. More range. Super heal. Good torpedos for oh-snap moments. Tanky when angled. Free. You are asking the wrong question man.

the guns only overmatch 16mm, aka minos and Smolensk. the HE does 150k dam vs 275k for Salem. both get superheal. Salem AP is far better than Goliath, it's not even close. only difference is HE pen, Salem already does 32 which is good enough for bow and stern of BBs. 57mm of pen with 83.3% less dpm doesn't really do much. both with range mod is 18 vs 19.5, not a huge difference, at max range neither will land a huge number of hits.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
491
[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
1,770 posts
5,414 battles

I generally do not add range. A extra little bit would usually but not always make for orbital shells. You will be in up to your eyeballs in the fight soon enough.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,082
[SALVO]
Members
25,826 posts
28,174 battles
23 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

the guns only overmatch 16mm, aka minos and Smolensk. the HE does 150k dam vs 275k for Salem. both get superheal. Salem AP is far better than Goliath, it's not even close. only difference is HE pen, Salem already does 32 which is good enough for bow and stern of BBs. 57mm of pen with 83.3% less dpm doesn't really do much. both with range mod is 18 vs 19.5, not a huge difference, at max range neither will land a huge number of hits.

You're comparing a coal ship to a tech tree ship, which makes it an apples to oranges comparison. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles
41 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

the guns only overmatch 16mm, aka minos and Smolensk. the HE does 150k dam vs 275k for Salem. both get superheal. Salem AP is far better than Goliath, it's not even close. only difference is HE pen, Salem already does 32 which is good enough for bow and stern of BBs. 57mm of pen with 83.3% less dpm doesn't really do much. both with range mod is 18 vs 19.5, not a huge difference, at max range neither will land a huge number of hits.

Really? have you seen the stats on these ships? WR's and damage?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles
2 hours ago, crazyferret23777 said:

Is the reload mod better then the range mod? I ask because it's range of 16.8 along with slow shells seems like it would be a problem? TIA

 

One of the issues with almost all cruisers is that reload is seldom taken advantage off.  "Most" of the time you are bobbing and weaving or waiting for a shot, or having to go dark. It is rare that a cruiser just gets to fire non stop without recourse. Go with range, your safer, harder to hit and in the end you shoot about the same amount anyway. Also that range mod really puts the cheese on BB's at the start of the game. many game you can bang out a quick 30-50k from some long distance fires before many ships really get into position.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[X-PN]
Members
611 posts
7,243 battles
28 minutes ago, Joyous_Vibes said:

Really? have you seen the stats on these ships? WR's and damage?

What does that have to do with anything?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,545
[WOLF3]
Members
28,794 posts
25,049 battles
2 hours ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

why would anyone play this junk ship over a Salem?

11 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

What does that have to do with anything?

300px-Leonardo_DiCaprio_Laughing.jpg

Consider both ships are pure damage dealers and how terrible Salem is as a Radar Cruiser, these stats below are everything.

NA Server Weekly Stats of 2020-09-05

WR% / Damage Average

Venezia 51.92% / 79.4k

Yoshino 48.5% / 77.2k - Premium Super Cruiser

Zao 48.19% / 72k

Hindenburg 49% / 78.7k

Colbert 51.3% / 73.2k - Premium / Research Bureau Ship

Henri IV 48.9% / 78.2k

Goliath 50.5% / 81.3k

Minotaur 50.5% / 65.5k

Alexander Nevsky 49.5% / 75.6k

Moskva 49.1% / 65.3k - Recently moved from Tech Tree -> Premium Ship

Petropavlovsk 53.2% / 73.4k

Smolensk 48.6% / 79.5k - Premium Ship / Armory but was pulled.

Stalingrad 55.5% / 88.7k - Steel Ship

Des Moines 50.2% / 64.2k

Puerto Rico 51.8% / 67.3k - Christmas 2019 Event Ship

Salem 48.92% / 65.5k - Premium Ship / Armory

Worcester 48.3% / 63.1k

 

Goliath is both effective and a good damage dealer.  The only thing doing better overall than her is Stalingrad.  Petropavlovsk wins better than Goliath but the RNCA does a lot better damage.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[X-PN]
Members
611 posts
7,243 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

300px-Leonardo_DiCaprio_Laughing.jpg

Consider both ships are pure damage dealers and how terrible Salem is as a Radar Cruiser, these stats below are everything.

NA Server Weekly Stats of 2020-09-05

WR% / Damage Average

Venezia 51.92% / 79.4k

Yoshino 48.5% / 77.2k - Premium Super Cruiser

Zao 48.19% / 72k

Hindenburg 49% / 78.7k

Colbert 51.3% / 73.2k - Premium / Research Bureau Ship

Henri IV 48.9% / 78.2k

Goliath 50.5% / 81.3k

Minotaur 50.5% / 65.5k

Alexander Nevsky 49.5% / 75.6k

Moskva 49.1% / 65.3k - Recently moved from Tech Tree -> Premium Ship

Petropavlovsk 53.2% / 73.4k

Smolensk 48.6% / 79.5k - Premium Ship / Armory but was pulled.

Stalingrad 55.5% / 88.7k - Steel Ship

Des Moines 50.2% / 64.2k

Puerto Rico 51.8% / 67.3k - Christmas 2019 Event Ship

Salem 48.92% / 65.5k - Premium Ship / Armory

Worcester 48.3% / 63.1k

those stats don't mean anything. Salem is the original T10 coal ship and it's stats are tanked to crapby a lot of very bad players. 

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11,545
[WOLF3]
Members
28,794 posts
25,049 battles
4 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

those stats don't mean anything. Salem is the original T10 coal ship and it's stats are tanked to crapby a lot of very bad players. 

Oh the stats are quite meaningful.

Those are Weekly stats, not overall history, so the stats are as current as you can get.

Bad Players more easily creep into Tech Tree Ships because all it needs is simple grinding to reach them.  Hell, a tech tree ship can be ground for someone's first Tier X ship without spending Coal / FreeXP / Steel.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,222
[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,745 battles

Goliath can be nasty in certain situations.  It shines in the late stages of the game if you can survive that long.  It’s DPM is terrible, it’s HE pen is great, it’s big, slow, and if you over extend you’re toast.  It’s not competitive, but farms BB’s well enough.  I like it, but it would be monstrous if it had a range buff/reload buff.  15/16 sec reload it would be something to think about.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[X-PN]
Members
611 posts
7,243 battles
1 minute ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Oh the stats are quite meaningful.

Those are Weekly stats, not overall history, so the stats are as current as you can get.

Bad Players more easily creep into Tech Tree Ships because all it needs is simple grinding to reach them.  Hell, a tech tree ship can be ground for someone's first Tier X ship without spending Coal / FreeXP / Steel.

if people can't get more damage with Salem than Goliath, it's really on them Salem is a far higher damage dealing ship. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles
42 minutes ago, monpetitloup said:

No. Please edify.

 

29 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

What does that have to do with anything?

52-47.9% wr

83k-65k damage per game.

 

What do stats have to do with anything? I guess nothing. it's why I am the best player in the game, and there isn't another player close to my skill level..... as you rush to check my stats to verify.......

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[X-PN]
Members
611 posts
7,243 battles
Just now, Joyous_Vibes said:

 

52-47.9% wr

83k-65k damage per game.

 

What do stats have to do with anything? I guess nothing. it's why I am the best player in the game, and there isn't another player close to my skill level..... as you rush to check my stats to verify.......

ship stats don't mean anything. it doesn't show you who is generating the data or how it's generated. Alaska has really mediocre stats, just like Salem, it has far less avg damage than yoshino. yet Alaska is a far better ship.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles
6 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

ship stats don't mean anything. it doesn't show you who is generating the data or how it's generated. Alaska has really mediocre stats, just like Salem, it has far less avg damage than yoshino. yet Alaska is a far better ship.

Why are you arguing about a ship that you don't own or haven't played. 

Either you are simply a troll, or clueless, you realize the Yoshino is a 48% ship? While the Alaska is 53.5%? If you make a point, try making it before ingesting a handful of silly pills before posting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
400
[X-PN]
Members
611 posts
7,243 battles
Just now, Joyous_Vibes said:

Why are you arguing about a ship that you don't own or haven't played. 

Either you are simply a troll, or clueless, you realize the Yoshino is a 48% ship? While the Alaska is 53.5%? If you make a point, try making it before ingesting a handful of silly pills before posting.

I don't need to play it in order to know how it'll play. the game is a bunch of hard coded arithmetic. if you understand the specifications of the ship, you'll understand it's strength and weaknesses. Goliath and Salem have nearly the same shell ballistics, similar range, similar healing ability while one has far higher DPM. Both have the same craparmor scheme and can't bounce shells above 429mm. 

  • Thanks 1
  • Meh 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
6,900 posts
21,408 battles
8 minutes ago, Ado1fCarsar said:

I don't need to play it in order to know how it'll play. the game is a bunch of hard coded arithmetic. if you understand the specifications of the ship, you'll understand it's strength and weaknesses. Goliath and Salem have nearly the same shell ballistics, similar range, similar healing ability while one has far higher DPM. Both have the same craparmor scheme and can't bounce shells above 429mm. 

lols, I see. Pure genius 

BTW genius.... One of those two ships has torps, useful torps. Or does that not count? No matter how many bad posts you continue to make i'll be here to correct you every time.

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×