You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
TheGreatBlasto

Kitakami!!!

23 comments in this topic

[SIMP]
Members
1,610 posts
21 minutes ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

My.only question is why even bother reintroducing this disaster?

:Smile_facepalm:

Money, Komrade.... money. That's why.

They will make a pile of money off this very desired unicorn of a ship.

[WORX]
Members
11,919 posts
19,466 battles

Considering, all the torp being nerfed and other aspects of fighting with torps, have been buffed directly or indirectly since 2018.

The Kitakami is just meat being feed to the wolves (or Fatsos as LWM calls them out of love), today's meta has changed a lot since her first debut.

Its disheartening to see a one trick pony, not given an equal plain/playing field as the other one trick ponies, on the opposite side of the ordnance spectrum.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,178 posts

She couldn't be good with so many torps, she'd take out a third or more of the reds every full drop. This is what remains, in anticipation of everyone's complaints. 

Hopefully they have the brass marbles to offer her at least in the $75 range but a hondo package deal would be better. Why? For the joy of the player who takes her out, that's why.

I also insist they put her one or two km in front of her own team at the start of the match. Fewer TK, hopefully. 

Members
3,648 posts
42,290 battles
21 minutes ago, Herr_Reitz said:

She couldn't be good with so many torps, she'd take out a third or more of the reds every full drop. This is what remains, in anticipation of everyone's complaints. 

Hopefully they have the brass marbles to offer her at least in the $75 range but a hondo package deal would be better. Why? For the joy of the player who takes her out, that's why.

I also insist they put her one or two km in front of her own team at the start of the match. Fewer TK, hopefully. 

TK was mild back in the day.

Think about that. Sail this one in Randoms two times. First time TK pink. Second orange immediately. Now they got to play 8 in co-op, only they hit the team again and stay orange for days.

This will not be a good Randoms ship despite the torps because you can only get 2 games in, then you are stuck in co-op as orange.

You could switch to another ship in Randoms to dig yourself out of the orange, but now you are playing co-op more than you wanted to.

Economic feasibility would be out the window. You could never operate in the black. Eventually, you run out of credits.

So what does a player do? Buy credits or sell stuff. Eventually, you are in a vicious cycle of torp, pink, orange, co-op, broke, sell, and buy.

I am hazarding a guess that players that hate certain clans will derail divisions by diving in front of them to force them to go orange.

This will be the hard counter for this ship. Sail in front of them to shut those teams down. Less Kita play time will drive the owner crazy if he hates spending money.

That is the reason originally. Balance was the excuse, but broke players will stop playing. WG knew that then in Alpha so they pulled the boat. 

This ship's motto should be: "It's all fun and games until a teammate gets hurt."

But while certain clans will buy this ship, they will lose their minds if teams that hate them just dive into their torp launches to pinko them, then do it repeatedly to get them orange. Then they are trapped for 8 plus games.

For a Randoms player that is brutal. For a Randoms player that is burning through their credits, that's insane. For WG, that's perfect.

You have to realize. This is a level 8 Chess move on the Kasparov level thinking by accounting at WG.

They figure that about somewhere around 1 month after the ship drops, the top clans will burn through their credits like a gasoline fire. The top clans being broke from the law of diminishing returns will fall one by one into the trap of going to the premium shop. While the credits will not increase in price, instead we will see unprecedented volume sales. 

I didn't think WG had such clever accountants. I buy this ship, I would have to be very careful with it or my game time will be severely compromised.

I will mention about the status orange TK penalty. You can look up what will happen if you repeatedly go orange and players complain with -1s. Then those players can turn in tickets.

Eventually, that's game suspension. While it's temporary, it still would ruin your days. 😱

If you play competitive, you might have fun, but repeated play even in co-op is also what WG wants too. Just look at the missions during the anniversary. You want it done fast, co-op.

In one of my old jobs, we used to have a saying: "Pay a little now, or a lot later."

So, here is my prediction on the price. It will be hella affordable to everyone. Like 30 dollars US.

Because they get thousands to buy. Volume sales. Then thousands go in premium shop a month later. Only now it's a lot later.

Pay a little now, pay a lot later.

Genius. I am not going to fall for it. I might buy it if it's cheap. But I am not ever going in a match where all the cruisers rush the cap in front of me.

It's a trap!

• Confused 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,194 posts

More of .....hmmmm. Do i have space in my port for it?

Yep .

Back her in here boys!!!!, she'll make a great addition to my collection !

Dry dock ready sir!!!!!

Just to have her is good enough for me.

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,275 battles
6 hours ago, TheGreatBlasto said:

My.only question is why even bother reintroducing this disaster?

Because foolish players who saw it in the Wiki, and read it's stats, but never played against it (or with it for that matter) kept asking for it to come back. Meanwhile, everyone who has seen an actual match with this abomination in it is cringing and tearing out their hair over it being re-introduced, as it will add nothing to gameplay except team killing on a previously unheard of scale. The only people who want this car-wreck of a light cruiser are either collectors, which has got to be one of the silliest reasons for getting any ship (why have it if it only sits in your littlr electronic harbor gathering little bits of electronic rust?), or players who live to inflict massive damage on the red team regardless of the consequences (consequences which, by the way, will be mostly felt by themselves while they work off multiple pink episodes).

I re-iterate; this was a bad idea when it was first introduced in Beta, it's been a bad idea every time someone brought up bringing it back, and it will continue to be a bad idea from the day it does return to the game until the day it leaves again; hopefully, this time, for good!

• Meh 1

[USCC]
Members
3,113 posts
14,656 battles

I guess we'll have to wait and see what the finished product spec's out to be, and then of course how will we be obtaining it, Steel, coal, RB,  cold hard cash! and how much!
Honestly I don't know if it's been announced anywhere, but cash would be my guess, WG can really make bank with this one!
If it's a steel ship. then you won't see very many for a while, but I imagine a LOT more co-op people playing ranked! 
I can see this being a fun ship for co-op. maybe not so much for random.

[CVA16]
Members
5,865 posts
18,019 battles

Seems like the WG assigned torpedoes will greatly increase the propensity for TKs with this ship. The ship cannot afford to get close in so will most often be shooting from greater than 10k. Slow torps mean ridiculous leads are required on your target. There are ships out there that may be going almost as fast as your torps. The number of allied ships that may wander into your torp spread by the time they reach an area will be beyond the ability of most to calculate. The relatively long range means that even a torp ambush will be dangerous as your torps  that miss keep going for a long time.

The only safe shots will be head-on or area denial where you KNOW (or think you know) that there will be no allied ships in the path. I have the Black and know it can be hard to be safe with those torps. And it can get much closer before launching and only has 10 fish.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,194 posts
On 9/9/2020 at 8:36 AM, Umikami said:

Because foolish players who saw it in the Wiki, and read it's stats, but never played against it (or with it for that matter) kept asking for it to come back. Meanwhile, everyone who has seen an actual match with this abomination in it is cringing and tearing out their hair over it being re-introduced, as it will add nothing to gameplay except team killing on a previously unheard of scale. The only people who want this car-wreck of a light cruiser are either collectors, which has got to be one of the silliest reasons for getting any ship (why have it if it only sits in your littlr electronic harbor gathering little bits of electronic rust?), or players who live to inflict massive damage on the red team regardless of the consequences (consequences which, by the way, will be mostly felt by themselves while they work off multiple pink episodes).

I re-iterate; this was a bad idea when it was first introduced in Beta, it's been a bad idea every time someone brought up bringing it back, and it will continue to be a bad idea from the day it does return to the game until the day it leaves again; hopefully, this time, for good!

Who's the more fool, or the fool who follows him?

I'll keep her in port to slowly and peacefully digitally rust away. If I do decide to take her out, it's on me if I make a trainwreck of the match.

Everyone has a hobby m8.

What's yours ?:Smile-_tongue:

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,275 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

Everyone has a hobby m8. What's yours ?:Smile-_tongue:

Collecting the justifications morons use when they acquire useless things.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,194 posts
On 9/26/2020 at 5:00 PM, Umikami said:

Collecting the justifications morons use when they acquire useless things.

So you went from subtle bashing to full on hatered. Man dude calm yourself . If ya don't want it, don't get it. If you don't like it then there's really nothing, literally nothing you or I could do to stop them from brining it back. And getting hatefully at other people doesn't solve anything .

Do you even play the game ? Do you even have rare  collectible ships in your port.?

If so, how does it feel to be a collector ?

hmmmmm:Smile_popcorn:

GL and HF m8.

Edited by Versili

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,275 battles
1 hour ago, Versili said:

And getting hatefully at other people doesn't solve anything .

On 9/26/2020 at 1:44 PM, Versili said:

Who's the more fool, or the fool who follows him?

Maybe you could practice what you preach.

• Boring 1

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,194 posts
10 hours ago, Umikami said:

Maybe you could practice what you preach.

I dont go around calling peeps morons and fools m8.

Practice more humility and lighten up . It isn't very hard . Unless of course you think you're the center of the universe or something.

In any case as I said before .

GL & HF m8 ..

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,275 battles
8 hours ago, Versili said:

I dont go around calling peeps morons and fools m8.

Funny, because those sure look like your posts that I quoted. So like I said earlier, why don't you take your own advice, or just go kick rocks.

[GRETA]
Members
1,249 posts
10,123 battles
On 9/10/2020 at 11:51 AM, Sabot_100 said:

Seems like the WG assigned torpedoes will greatly increase the propensity for TKs with this ship. The ship cannot afford to get close in so will most often be shooting from greater than 10k. Slow torps mean ridiculous leads are required on your target. There are ships out there that may be going almost as fast as your torps. The number of allied ships that may wander into your torp spread by the time they reach an area will be beyond the ability of most to calculate. The relatively long range means that even a torp ambush will be dangerous as your torps  that miss keep going for a long time.

The only safe shots will be head-on or area denial where you KNOW (or think you know) that there will be no allied ships in the path. I have the Black and know it can be hard to be safe with those torps. And it can get much closer before launching and only has 10 fish.

For this reason they should give it DW torps.  Not BB only Asashio torps but maybe torps that can only hit BB's and Heavy cruisers.

[SACH]
[SACH]
Members
1,194 posts
2 hours ago, Umikami said:

Funny, because those sure look like your posts that I quoted. So like I said earlier, why don't you take your own advice, or just go kick rocks.

Only responding to your posts. I don't recall me saying any of that

On 9/26/2020 at 5:00 PM, Umikami said:
On 9/26/2020 at 3:44 PM, Versili said:

Collecting the justifications morons use when they acquire useless things

These are your words m8, not mine ..now then if you take It that way ...oh well.

"If the shoe fits "...

Not gonna argue with ya m8 ...it ain't worth it . Now where's that rock I gotta go kick. :cap_look:

[CVA16]
Members
5,865 posts
18,019 battles
9 hours ago, HallaSnackbar said:

For this reason they should give it DW torps.  Not BB only Asashio torps but maybe torps that can only hit BB's and Heavy cruisers.

Not a bad idea except it  would make it absolutely helpless vs DDs. Those  3x140's it can bring to bear are a joke at T10.  To the stern quarter it can only bring one-140 and  a  dual 5" secondary. Its only real defense it having a rack or so loaded. 

Of course shooting torps at a circling DD is a great way to get team kills as  it is tough to determine potential friendly fire when you are in a knife fight. 

[MEME]
Beta Testers
152 posts
3,251 battles

She will most likely be used similar to Navyfield. You don't have one of these ships, volume in everything. You'll most likely see a division with 3 of these ships.

That is a lot of torpedoes that could block off a side of map. Could have 60 to 120 torpedoes in the water. Even if you have 13 seconds to react will anyone be able to dodge that many torpedoes - even if that is on the low end of 60. If she is used similar to Navyfield, teams can push each other in meat grinder.

This is a team based ship and should be reviewed as such.

She will be amazing and look forward to her.

[CRUEL]
[CRUEL]
Members
204 posts
24,937 battles

Has the  KITAKAMI been cancelled?