You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wolfkind252

3 battles pink again

46 comments in this topic

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
3,000 battles

here's a little hint, when your entire team abandons you and all you have is a Campbell against two Wilkes and a Sampson, all 3 enemy, DO NOT SINK THE ENEMY SAMPSON, your get a team kill penalty LOL

• Funny 1
  • Haha 2
  • Confused 3
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[WK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,179 posts
16,540 battles
2 minutes ago, Compassghost said:

I still don't understand what happened.

:cap_hmm:  Without the replay, this is my guess:  Torpedoes fired, sinks red Sampson at same time torpedoes hit ally.  Appears to be pinked by sinking of red Sampson.

• Cool 1

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,576 posts
4,223 battles
57 minutes ago, Volron said:

:cap_hmm:  Without the replay, this is my guess:  Torpedoes fired, sinks red Sampson at same time torpedoes hit ally.  Appears to be pinked by sinking of red Sampson.

That's even more likely considering campeltown has 7.5km range, which is really high for a T2 game. Going to guess OP wasn't paying attention what was behind his target...

[V_V_V]
Members
845 posts
16,429 battles
45 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

his

her. 

Pink appears to be her favorite color.

Edited by Charon2018
  • Haha 1

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
3,000 battles
18 hours ago, Muninn77 said:

Replay or it didn't happen.

I don't do replays if I kept a record of every battle I did my hdd would be full

17 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

Don't fire on your allies.

read my post i was the last

17 hours ago, Compassghost said:

I still don't understand what happened.

I sank a RED enemy ship

17 hours ago, Volron said:

nope guns

16 hours ago, AJTP89 said:

That's even more likely considering campeltown has 7.5km range, which is really high for a T2 game. Going to guess OP wasn't paying attention what was behind his target...

didn't need torpedoes I used guns ( its her, not him, and no you get no replay of that either)

15 hours ago, Charon2018 said:

her. 

Pink appears to be her favorite color.

"her" thank you

I like pink in real life, and if I hit an ally I deserve it, but hitting a enemy I should be given a beer ( when I'm old enough)

[RANGR]
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
13 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

I don't do replays if I kept a record of every battle I did my hdd would be full

read my post i was the last

I sank a RED enemy ship

nope guns

didn't need torpedoes I used guns ( its her, not him, and no you get no replay of that either)

"her" thank you

I like pink in real life, and if I hit an ally I deserve it, but hitting a enemy I should be given a beer ( when I'm old enough)

You hit your team-mate, literally the only way you can get pinked, also, replays are stored in a folder whether you like it or not, and they delete themselves after a day unless you move them to another file to save them, so you might still have it in your wows folder, if you don't know how to get to said folder, google it, there's lots of videos on it.

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
3,000 battles
2 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

You hit your team-mate, literally the only way you can get pinked, also, replays are stored in a folder whether you like it or not, and they delete themselves after a day unless you move them to another file to save them, so you might still have it in your wows folder, if you don't know how to get to said folder, google it, there's lots of videos on it.

what If I was the last one alive?

I delete the replays as soon as I log off because the only videos I like to keep is Heartland

[RANGR]
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
1 minute ago, wolfkind252 said:

I delete the replays as soon as I log off because the only videos I like to keep is Heartland

You either weren't, or harmed an ally earlier in the match, there is no other way and there is no glitches of it happening, otherwise other people would clearly be stating this elsewhere excluding the forums. Also replays take up little to no space as they are ran in-game and are not a video file, so there goes your excuse for them filling up your HDD drive, not to mention before, they automatically delete themselves after 24 hours. IDK what Heartland is... never heard of it before.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,576 posts
4,223 battles
9 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

If you were the last one alive you got pink for hitting someone earlier. 

Why on earth would you go through the trouble of deleting your replays? They're saved for EXACTLY this kind of situation. And the game only saves the most recent 30 so they don't pile up. And if you ever have a problem in game, a replay is the first thing CS is going to ask for. Moreover, if you had this issue, why wouldn't you have immediately saved the the replay so WG or us could take a look at it? Even screen shots of the post battle results, which would literally tell you who you damaged to get pink. Something doesn't add up here....

I've heard a lot of weird and wild complaints here, and all them of them have either had a simple explanation when the replay was provided, or no proof was ever given. Given the choice between a proven system completely malfunctioning or a player not noticing/remembering something I know which one I'm going to go with.

[RANGR]
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
4 minutes ago, AJTP89 said:

If you were the last one alive you got pink for hitting someone earlier. 

Why on earth would you go through the trouble of deleting your replays? They're saved for EXACTLY this kind of situation. And the game only saves the most recent 30 so they don't pile up. And if you ever have a problem in game, a replay is the first thing CS is going to ask for. Moreover, if you had this issue, why wouldn't you have immediately saved the the replay so WG or us could take a look at it? Even screen shots of the post battle results, which would literally tell you who you damaged to get pink. Something doesn't add up here....

I've heard a lot of weird and wild complaints here, and all them of them have either had a simple explanation when the replay was provided, or no proof was ever given. Given the choice between a proven system completely malfunctioning or a player not noticing/remembering something I know which one I'm going to go with.

Yea alot of weird things come from this player, but yea, the ending screen literally says everyone you damaged and how much you did.

[STURM]
Members
727 posts
6,006 battles
38 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Like people have said, the game keeps the last 30 replays stored for you, so that excuse won't fly.

Seriously, give us an actual good reason why you won't give us a replay. If it was a bug, then it's something that should be brought to WG's attention so they can squash it. If you truly belive that you were not at fault, then you should post it to try to rub it in our faces.

As it is, I'd put good money on the reason you won't pony up some evidence is because you are too scared of being wrong, despite everyone already pretty much knowing you are wrong.

[WOLF9]
Wiki Lead
15,171 posts
4,766 battles
20 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Why?  They're tiny, at most only 2MB.  And they're not videos.  They're essentially server comm logs. 

23 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

You weren't the last one alive, were you?  But of course, without the replay, there's no proof...

Don't come here complaining about a game occurrence and while refusing to upload the replay.

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,261 posts
16,587 battles

Hi guys,

Please, do not continue personal attacks, grown up, or learn to grew up, it easy; OR ELSE! 

regards,

• Meh 2

[RANGR]
Members
365 posts
4,232 battles
1 minute ago, ObiphanKenobi said:

Hi guys,

Please, do not continue personal attacks, grown up, or learn to grew up, it easy; OR ELSE! 

regards,

i was quoted but saw no message, guess i was the recievent? big think

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,261 posts
16,587 battles
1 minute ago, Raven2303 said:

i was quoted but saw no message, guess i was the recievent? big think

yeah, honesty, it doesn't even worth it, I edit them off. However, this on the thin line, and I am considering closing the post.

regards,

• Cool 1

Members
188 posts
9,661 battles
20 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

here's a little hint, when your entire team abandons you and all you have is a Campbell against two Wilkes and a Sampson, all 3 enemy, DO NOT SINK THE ENEMY SAMPSON, your get a team kill penalty LOL

First and foremost: you do not get a teamkill penalty for sinking an enemy (red) ship, you get a TK penalty for either hitting a teammate with ordnance, or disconnecting early from the game. That's just the way it works. 

We're not doubting your perception of your game, we're doubting the accuracy/completeness of that observation. There just has to be more to it than what you're telling. Probably something you just didn't see in all the chaos. It happens. With a replay we can show you exactly what it was; without it, all we can do is tell you how it works, and that's really all there is to it.

• Thanks 1

[WOLFG]
Members
31,341 posts
9,637 battles
17 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

Replays aren't videos.

They're merely game data, that you use with the client to recreate the match.

It's like having the script vs. a DVD of a movie.

The nice thing about replays vs. videos is that they can be viewed from any PoV, and if the viewing player has the appropriate mods, they can get precise info. (like ship angles for example)

[GGWP]
Members
7,211 posts
16,743 battles

There are ways to investigate your claims and if you refuse to look into those ways or let us do it, then there is absolutely no purpose in posting these threads. You are posting about possible bugs and it is easily verified, but for some reason you refuse to. @wolfkind252

[NEMO]
Members
829 posts
3,000 battles
21 hours ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Don’t dwell on the unfairness of that...it will only make you bitter.

I'm too young to be bitter , besides I'm sugar and spice and everything nice  LOL, I just have a Mouth like my grandfather ( thanks to my grandfather)

Members
1 post
65 battles

I still don't get this, this is a VIDEO GAME. People are gonna shoot each other. I kept on getting pink last afternoon, because I accidentally torped my allies when I destroyed the enemy ship. The devs need to understand that it's no big deal. Why don't they just set the damage output on your weapon to your teammates 0. That would solve it. And I know some of you guys will disagree with me, but to my recollection, this system is broken. Calling someone a violater just because they accidentally did something they weren't aware of is stupid.

• Meh 3

[OGF]
Members
65 posts
5,291 battles
4 hours ago, ARaptorboi said:

I still don't get this, this is a VIDEO GAME. People are gonna shoot each other. I kept on getting pink last afternoon, because I accidentally torped my allies when I destroyed the enemy ship. The devs need to understand that it's no big deal. Why don't they just set the damage output on your weapon to your teammates 0. That would solve it. And I know some of you guys will disagree with me, but to my recollection, this system is broken. Calling someone a violater just because they accidentally did something they weren't aware of is stupid.

If there were no penalties for not watching your torpedo shots, would you be more likely or less likely to fire your spreads as soon as they reloaded?  I bet it would be more likely, the same as everyone else.  This may seem like a great idea so long as you only play ships with torpedoes, but regret would come very quickly if you took any other ship type out and watched destroyers eat everybody while you haven't fired a shot.  Torpedoes are very powerful weapons, and the price for having such firepower is that you have to learn how to use it responsibly.  If WG removed that responsibility, torp spam would go off the charts, so then they'd have to seriously nerf torpedoes.  Would you rather have a powerful weapon on hand when you need it, or would you rather have limp noodle fish that couldn't reliably hurt a canoe?  I will give you the same advice I got when I came here complaining about the exact same thing:  if you shoot it, you own it, that's how it works.   

• Cool 1