You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

West Virginia 44 - Out of salt to mine.

13 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,104 posts
6,077 battles

I'll admit I've been enjoying the concept of farming salt in CV's for the past few months. CV play IMHO has gotten stale for me, and honestly, I can't keep pounding monsters and getting death threats.

So I bought West Virginia 41, and re-pimped out my Montana. 

It's just been Texas/Arizona/California/West Virginia 41/Montana...over and over and over...and frankly I feel more relaxed. The gameplay with them is more passive, you just hang out...lob shells...then push when needed. BB play has taught me more recently than the last 5000K battles. My first California games were trash, now she's becoming more and more appealing to me (more so when you set more fires than a Conq and tell people that 2PAC LIVES!)

I do hope we get West Virginia 44 soonish. I admit playing California a lot has made me realize that WeeVee 44 needs to be a tier 7. It's basically the same rebuild...just with 16-inch mounts. Yes, we know it would power creep Colorado...but tbh Rado has been wrong since day one. Now she's the gateway to two lines...which to be honest you must suffer the Rado and learn from it. 

I've noticed a trend lately. The Pearl Refits are typically one tier above their tech tree ships. Oklahoma is a tier 5, meaning Pearl Nevada will be a 6. Pennsy will be a tier 7, WeeVee 41 as a tier 6 means her 44 version is a tier 7. New Mexico which IMHO is the same as the Tennessee class is a Tier 6...Cali was a 7. 

WeeVee 44 is going to be a 7...and I'm completely cool with it. No reason AT-ALL she should be slugging it out with Slava and getting salt mined by high DPM burnie boats. UNLESS her guns are Slava accurate. Yes, Rado is a tier 7, but Rado is a holdover since closed Beta. 

[ img ]

WeeVee 44 in my mind: slow hull, stupid accurate guns (just ask the IJN!). Secondaries are meh, but with the rework those might get better. AA firepower should be - no-fly zone. Spotter plane to deter island camping scum. 

I like to joke in my 41 "IF YOU KILL ME I WILL RESPAWN AS A TIER 7!"

• Cool 3

[REVY]
Members
2,579 posts
13,860 battles

maybe she could get the Mass/Georgia type secondaries?

After all the Mass at T8 has them yet the No Cal and Bama lack them.

[_TKS_]
Members
1,268 posts
9,933 battles
12 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

maybe she could get the Mass/Georgia type secondaries?

After all the Mass at T8 has them yet the No Cal and Bama lack them.

Honestly for the slow US standards I’d prefer the fast heal over the secondaries.

Members
3,664 posts
42,552 battles
1 hour ago, Dr_Venture said:

I'll admit I've been enjoying the concept of farming salt in CV's for the past few months. CV play IMHO has gotten stale for me, and honestly, I can't keep pounding monsters and getting death threats.

So I bought West Virginia 41, and re-pimped out my Montana. 

It's just been Texas/Arizona/California/West Virginia 41/Montana...over and over and over...and frankly I feel more relaxed. The gameplay with them is more passive, you just hang out...lob shells...then push when needed. BB play has taught me more recently than the last 5000K battles. My first California games were trash, now she's becoming more and more appealing to me (more so when you set more fires than a Conq and tell people that 2PAC LIVES!)

I do hope we get West Virginia 44 soonish. I admit playing California a lot has made me realize that WeeVee 44 needs to be a tier 7. It's basically the same rebuild...just with 16-inch mounts. Yes, we know it would power creep Colorado...but tbh Rado has been wrong since day one. Now she's the gateway to two lines...which to be honest you must suffer the Rado and learn from it. 

I've noticed a trend lately. The Pearl Refits are typically one tier above their tech tree ships. Oklahoma is a tier 5, meaning Pearl Nevada will be a 6. Pennsy will be a tier 7, WeeVee 41 as a tier 6 means her 44 version is a tier 7. New Mexico which IMHO is the same as the Tennessee class is a Tier 6...Cali was a 7. 

WeeVee 44 is going to be a 7...and I'm completely cool with it. No reason AT-ALL she should be slugging it out with Slava and getting salt mined by high DPM burnie boats. UNLESS her guns are Slava accurate. Yes, Rado is a tier 7, but Rado is a holdover since closed Beta. 

[ img ]

WeeVee 44 in my mind: slow hull, stupid accurate guns (just ask the IJN!). Secondaries are meh, but with the rework those might get better. AA firepower should be - no-fly zone. Spotter plane to deter island camping scum. 

I like to joke in my 41 "IF YOU KILL ME I WILL RESPAWN AS A TIER 7!"

Very well said. I love my Rado and often Rado rage in it.

For a sublime gunslinger, Rado must never be underestimated. At the command of a sick twisted captain, it can make cruisers cry in the fetal position. Make DDs go argh! With the torpy beats. (Note, if a Rado player torp beats you, then you need to practice more.) BBs might laugh at her speed, but she surprises at cross country range, then at medium she makes you pay dearly. It is not uncommon to lose a gun duel with a Rado at golf driver range. 

WV 44 is likely the same. I too am okay with tier 7. It just means montana players breath a sigh of relief. LOL 😎🤣

[SVF]
Members
1,781 posts
2,335 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

I do hope we get West Virginia 44 soonish

I once did as well.  But, it's been two years with no sign of her (except in the freaking *mobile* game).  And their treatment of poor California doesn't give me much if any hope for any future Rebuild Standards that may find their ways into the game.

Edited by landcollector
  • Cool 2

[ARGSY]
Members
22,438 posts
16,296 battles
35 minutes ago, SteelRain_Rifleman said:

I love my Rado

As do I. Eight 16 inch guns speak with authority, even at Tier 9, and good positioning sense takes care of the speed deficit. My first grind through her (to get the NC) was not unpleasant, but then I'd also liked the New York and the New Mexico. My second grind? Not quite 100K through that, and it's flown by like a dream. I'm going to stop at 120K and see what Kansas costs. 

I don't think we'll see WV44 for a long time, though. Pretty sure the US BB split is going to bring us both Florida and Oklahoma, and that will be a glut of US premium battleships for a while, both fast and slow. Assuming she's going to come to WOWS (non-Blitz) at all, I'd be prepared to assume next year before we hear anything about her.

[HINON]
Members
13,838 posts
2 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

BB play has taught me more recently than the last 5000K battles. 

Wow that is a record number of matches. When do you find time to sleep and use the bathroom?

Edited by RipNuN2

[WOLFG]
Members
11,196 posts
10,438 battles
2 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

Wow that is a record number of matches. When do you find time to sleep and use the bathroom?

Botting confirmed.

[SVF]
Members
1,781 posts
2,335 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd be prepared to assume next year before we hear anything about her.

Probably not even then.  At this point, I've resigned myself to the probable fact they'll never put her in game.

[ARGSY]
Members
22,438 posts
16,296 battles
57 minutes ago, landcollector said:

their treatment of poor California

They made two bad mistakes there. The first was not to release her alongside the PR, i.e. instead of the Gorizia. The second was to hold her back for as long as they did while making as few changes as they did (and in the direction they took). The delay simply wasn't justified by what came out at the end of it; and by the time she was released, I'd spent the money I'd been earmarking for her on the WV41 (mostly because she was being sold as a promo for a PTSD-soldiers charity that took 100% of the money). 

WG simply won't get my money when it tries to sell me either something I don't want or something I did want long after it's ceased to be useful or desirable. Sometimes, though, they will knock it out of the park - and then my wallet will open. They brought out the Ignis Purgatio and the Ragnarok at the very point when I was eyeball deep in the Amagi grind and loving every second of it, and there were battleship directives I could do with her. The timing could not have been more perfect, and I snapped up the Ignis and piled 400,000 XP onto her before her 3X booster mission ran out. Did I even NEED the Ignis? No, I already had the Ishizuchi, the Mutsu and the Musashi if I wanted a premium IJN battleship, and if I had hated every second of the Amagi grind it would have been "no sale". But a premium version of a ship I was having the best grind ever in, with as many 3X boost missions as I could fit into the time period? Yes, please.

The only mistake they made there was not selling the W40K captains separately (I'd have bought the Ragnarok captain just to get his sound files for the game, but could not justify the additional cost of the ship on top of the Ignis), but that might have been a decision made on Warhammer's end that WG had to abide by.

[CAAT]
Members
579 posts
4,434 battles
1 hour ago, landcollector said:

But, it's been two years with no sign of her (except in the freaking *mobile* game).

This right here confuses me SO SO much! She's LITERALLY in WoWs Blitz at Tier 7 to boot, how in the heck is she NOT in WoWs PC at Tier 7 yet?! I mean, it's just moreorless copypasta the ship from Blitz into WoWs and it'll print WG money hand over fist!!!

1 hour ago, landcollector said:

And their treatment of poor California

And then THAT. Either WG needs to buff California, or release Tennessee as the "secondaries-style with improved heal" version. But still California needs that main battery reload buff to 30s, regardless.

Edited by SaiIor_Moon