You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Sometimes the Lemmings Push Through...

5 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
22,220 posts
16,189 battles

...and all you need to do on the centre/opposite flank is survive and be a persistent pain in the aft.

This battle is also an example of what happens when the enemy's radar cruisers either misplay or can't take the heat your team is providing, and you are allowed to impose your will.

I've been in far too many battles where the northern team (green in this one) lemmings through C but stalls out behind the islands. Outflanking and destruction are sure to follow if the few people who go south can't hold things up.

A very good player (which I am not) with a TRB Yugumo (which I've dared occasionally and may dare even more now that the grind pressure is off) could do a very good job of discouraging a southern push on their own and allowing the great Schlieffen-like mass to come down on the heads of the enemy. I manage it here in Smoke Yugumo with a bit of help, both from my team in successfully making the lemming push and the enemy by misplaying.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 1

[TBW]
Members
10,723 posts
18,431 battles

Lemming trains would be a good tactic, as long as every ship can still shoot and not be obstructed by the Island they are hiding behind.

[DOG]
Members
1,215 posts
12,618 battles
52 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Lemming trains would be a good tactic, as long as every ship can still shoot and not be obstructed by the Island they are hiding behind.

That and they all need to keep pushing.  Instead it often turns into a game of, "Oh, pardon me.  I didn't mean to be rude and get in front of you.  You go first.  No, no.  Please, I insist."

[ARGSY]
Members
22,220 posts
16,189 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

"Hiding behind"

Definition 1: using as temporary tactical cover against incoming fire.

Definition 2: cowering in terror, befouling their trousers and waiting to be rooted out and killed.

One of these approaches potentially leads to victory. The other, most often, does not. :Smile_trollface:

9 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

That and they all need to keep pushing.  Instead it often turns into a game of, "Oh, pardon me.  I didn't mean to be rude and get in front of you.  You go first.  No, no.  Please, I insist."

:Smile_veryhappy:

[WOLFG]
Members
11,100 posts
10,330 battles
23 minutes ago, zubalkabir said:

image.jpeg.01d9e950b9150a18097c67e761fca873.jpeg

• Funny 2