You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
shadowsrmine

Seen A Lot of People Lately Shooting Off Their Mouths

113 comments in this topic

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,933 battles

About how nice  WG/Lesco is being giving away Free Stuff  Except it's no longer free when they Charge Extra for Other STUFF  which WG/Lesco has been doing more and more Kindof Sorta a Case of Killing the Golden Goose so they can get the Gold all at once......................................................So my question is? Is WG/Lesco paying these Apologists or Just giving them a Discount?   "Of course, the moral is stated at the end of Aesop's fable of The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs: "Those who have plenty want more and so lose all they have."  

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 3
  • Confused 6
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 14
  • Meh 15

[WOLFG]
Members
11,088 posts
10,324 battles

WG pays me millions of dollars every year to not hate everything they do here on the forum.

We thought we were getting away with it, but you are too smart for us.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 8
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 8
  • Boring 1

[TARK]
Members
7,331 posts
2,819 battles
4 minutes ago, shadowsrmine said:

About how nice  WG/Lesco is being giving away Free Stuff  Except it's no longer free when they Charge Extra for Other STUFF  which WG/Lesco has been doing more and more Kindof Sorta a Case of Killing the Golden Goose so they can get the Gold all at once......................................................So my question is? Is WG/Lesco paying these Apologists or Just giving them a Discount?   "Of course, the moral is stated at the end of Aesop's fable of The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs: "Those who have plenty want more and so lose all they have."  

There are three possibilities...two of which are not flattering...

Most people are just bad at valuing goods.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,933 battles
3 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

WG pays me millions of dollars every year to not hate everything they do here on the forum.

1 minute ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

There are three possibilities...two of which are not flattering...

Most people are just bad at valuing goods.

Or four your Unpaid Shills?

• Funny 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
11,088 posts
10,324 battles
Just now, shadowsrmine said:

Or four your Unpaid Shills?

Do you have a point, or are you just virtue signaling?

Maybe I just wasn't foolish enough to ever think WG was in this for anything but the money?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
4,347 posts
16,933 battles
26 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Do you have a point, or are you just virtue signaling?

Maybe I just wasn't foolish enough to ever think WG was in this for anything but the money?

25 minutes ago, Daniel_Allan_Clark said:

Never underestimate how cheap people are to shill for someone else.

Many do it for free.

;p

"Of course, the moral is stated at the end of Aesop's fable of The Goose That Laid the Golden Eggs: "Those who have plenty want more and so lose all they have."  

• Thanks 1
  • Boring 2

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
602 posts
12,371 battles

I've read OP post multiple times and still cannot understand his point.

WG is bad because they try to make money?

Posters are bad for pointing out WG is a business?

Players are bad for spending money?

Any of those? Help a fellow out here, please.

• Cool 5
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

[-N-]
Members
2,228 posts
14,840 battles

Like it or not WG is in this to make money, more often than not selling pixels.   I know when I am on a contract doing programming work, I am there to make Money.  So while you might not like it, those that don't want to spend money don't have to.  Those want to can.  It is that simple.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 1

Members
1,741 posts
11,681 battles

I can only assume the OP is one of those people that believe it's morally wrong for a free to play game to have optional paid content.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Sad 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,192 posts
10,343 battles
13 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Lesta?

Maybe Fresca?

Flex Seal?

hvM9bHDD_400x400.jpg

Edited by JCC45

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,630 posts
10,659 battles

You have those that get up in arms when things change,  especially when there is additional costs involved, or even a change in how those costs are distributed.  You also have defenders of those changes if it doesn't affect them, or if they have more means such that it doesn't have the same impact.  It's two different point of views looked at from two different situations.  Both are generally valid in some way.

A person who has only $200 per year of disposable entertainment funds due to lower income has a different outlook on a price change than someone who has $10000 per year in additional disposable funds.  The high value player looks at it as a non-issue and justifies that the company needs the funds to keep going.  The low value player might have their whole game experience changed and they feel like something has been taken away, because they cannot absorb the change.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[BASIN]
[BASIN]
Members
72 posts
5,817 battles
9 minutes ago, Murcc said:

You have those that get up in arms when things change,  especially when there is additional costs involved, or even a change in how those costs are distributed.  You also have defenders of those changes if it doesn't affect them, or if they have more means such that it doesn't have the same impact.  It's two different point of views looked at from two different situations.  Both are generally valid in some way.

A person who has only $200 per year of disposable entertainment funds due to lower income has a different outlook on a price change than someone who has $10000 per year in additional disposable funds.  The high value player looks at it as a non-issue and justifies that the company needs the funds to keep going.  The low value player might have their whole game experience changed and they feel like something has been taken away, because they cannot absorb the change.

This just one of the reasons I've stopped playing and found other things to do that aren't quite as overpriced and overvalued by the provider here's some other things that while overpriced and overvalued that aren't near as over priced and overvalued as WG's  games 

15 of the Most Outrageously Overpriced Products
  1. Movie theater popcorn/candy. Concessions such as $5 tubs of popcorn and $6 boxes of gummy worms are big revenue streams for movie theaters. ...
  2. Prescription drugs. ...
  3. Diamonds. ...
  4. Bottled water. ...
  5. Salad bars. ...
  6. Eyeglass frames. ...
  7. Soda. ...
  8. Wine/Champagne.

[PVE]
Members
4,778 posts
21,093 battles
35 minutes ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Lesta?

Maybe Fresca?

Let's not bring religion into this...........  You do understand that trigger word??? 

1 hour ago, shadowsrmine said:

What they are seemingly doing is "getting their share" before there is no share to get...........  Governments are on all video game's trail and sniff "money for nothing and the cash is free"........  That may be ending very soon.  So, can you blames them for gorging while they can?

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

Members
3,633 posts
42,202 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

I am being paid with detonation flags. I think it's a hella trade as I tend to explode a lot.

• Funny 2

Members
463 posts
20 battles

I think this is the forum equivalent of drunk texting...

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 2

[TDRB]
Members
5,162 posts
13,743 battles

Giving away free or discounting prices is part of everyday marketing. Why does it anger you that WG employs this common marketing strategy? 

• Thanks 1

Members
3,633 posts
42,202 battles
1 hour ago, DrHolmes52 said:

Darn, got busted. *Hides

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
4,077 posts
11,783 battles
1 hour ago, Murcc said:

This is true but at end of the day cheap people or people who complain about anything they get charged for are just that way  . Some of the cheapest people I know are the most wealthy won’t tip won’t buy a drink and complain about every price increase no matter how small It is . For the people who truly can not afford the extra cost I feel for them . But at the end of the day cheap is cheap doesn’t matter how much they make they will complain and cry about it . 

Edited by clammboy
  • Cool 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Boring 1