Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Got a new cable modem and now I can't see any pictures on the forums

4 comments in this topic

[ICBM]
Members
0 posts

Hi,

I just got a new cable modem and now I can't see any pictures on the forums. They all come up as links. When I try to click the links it says I could not establish a secure connection. I tried to open up my modem's control panel and look for any security features, but I couldn't find any. Any suggestions on what my be causing this?

[WORX]
Members
11,912 posts
19,462 battles
6 minutes ago, mrieder79 said:

Hi,

I just got a new cable modem and now I can't see any pictures on the forums. They all come up as links. When I try to click the links it says I could not establish a secure connection. I tried to open up my modem's control panel and look for any security features, but I couldn't find any. Any suggestions on what my be causing this?

When it comes to firewalls or permissions, the problem can be hard to spot... I would get a hold of your tech and ask him what permissions he tinkered with...

I on the other hand, would enter my browser's settings... Must of the times, just switch browsers in exchange for less security..

That is where I would start first.

Edited by Navalpride33

[ICBM]
Members
0 posts

Unfortunately, I am my technician. The modem had an automatic setup wizard, and I'm certain the setup program is what caused the change. I'll just keep tinkering until I fix it or break it so badly I can justify dropping money for a tech to come out. 

[WORX]
Members
11,912 posts
19,462 battles
On 9/8/2020 at 4:55 AM, mrieder79 said:

Unfortunately, I am my technician. The modem had an automatic setup wizard, and I'm certain the setup program is what caused the change. I'll just keep tinkering until I fix it or break it so badly I can justify dropping money for a tech to come out. 

The usual suspects in this case, are...

• Your browser settings
    • I recommend going line by line with a back up PC to see if one setting is different from the other... (I suspect the issue is here)
  • Modem settings
    • Same recommendation as above
  • Router settings (I doubt the issue is here but its possible... Last place to check would be here).

GL

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 1

Sign in to follow this