Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
BCGrog

Thank You Wargaming - For Listening re: Lower Tier Play

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

322
[TOG]
Members
231 posts
11,528 battles

A lot of us asked for lower Tier events so that we can enjoy the fun ships residing from T2 to T5.

You responded by bringing them into the newest campaign.

It's been a blast playing them.

It feels like you responded to the player base and created this event. If so, a hearty thank you and shout out.

Great work!

 

  • Cool 11
  • Funny 1
  • Thanks 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

I think they ought to set up some daily missions that are for low tier only (with tier appropriate rewards). It’s a lot more fun when it’s not a ghost town.

  • Cool 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,691
[SALVO]
Members
26,321 posts
30,384 battles
1 hour ago, _CamperBoy102_ said:

Only in 2 stage hohi

Well, the campaign is about 5 different periods of early 20th century naval history, i.e. about 1900 to 1950.  

Edited by Crucis

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
355
[TF16A]
[TF16A]
Members
194 posts
17,460 battles

I also am enjoying the lower tier campaigns its nice to be able to play a dd and not avoid radar. Unfortunatley in random these tiers are ininduated with cvs so i am playin in co opp and HAVING FUN. 

  • Cool 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,830 posts

these low tier campaigns where you have to play a particular ship is about the worst thing I have seen WG come up with over 6 years of playing. Its so fun playing dozens of games where you fail to progress even one percent towards your mission because by the time your 18Kt ship you have to play for this mission reaches any enemy ships all the 35Kt DDs have vapourised everythnng in their path, reloaded 9 times and will make it to the last ship yet again before you can press a button.

biggest waste of pressing a the battle button since open water stealth firing and the inevitable forced draw before points became a thing.

  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,415
Members
665 posts
20 battles

Look, I have to play at these tiers, I'm doing a campaign, I'm totally not seal clubbing!  :Smile_veryhappy:

I agree with OP, nice work on this one WG.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,438
[SALVO]
Members
3,507 posts
7,395 battles

Yeah this was fun this weekend doing some T3s and T4s.  Very happy WG did this campaign in this fashion. 

1 hour ago, Dareios said:

these low tier campaigns where you have to play a particular ship is about the worst thing I have seen WG come up with over 6 years of playing.

the low tiers is where it is cheap and easy to acquire a particular ship. So i don't see where this is the "worst" part. Having to have particular High tier ships is far more prohibitive due to expense and time needed to get said ships. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
373
[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,586 posts
4,655 battles

maybe the positive feedback on this will encourge WG to invest more into lower tier gameplay. There are several ships that should be added to the game but really cant because here is no place for them. Think of all the pre-dreadnaught BBs, armored cruisers, and protected cruisers that could  be added to this game. I would love to see a seperate game mode designed just for them. Maybe limited tech trees featuring all those ships. 

  • Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,830 posts
38 minutes ago, eviltane said:

Yeah this was fun this weekend doing some T3s and T4s.  Very happy WG did this campaign in this fashion. 

the low tiers is where it is cheap and easy to acquire a particular ship. So i don't see where this is the "worst" part. Having to have particular High tier ships is far more prohibitive due to expense and time needed to get said ships. 

If it allowed me to do it in t10s I could have the mission done in 3 games, not 50 and counting.

It is time prohibitive. 2 days of 5-6 hours game play to not get one mission of one directive of one campaign done due to forced restrictions.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,727
[WOLFG]
Members
12,664 posts
11,770 battles
1 minute ago, Dareios said:

If it allowed me to do it in t10s I could have the mission done in 3 games, not 50 and counting.

It is time prohibitive. 2 days of 5-6 hours game play to not get one mission of one directive of one campaign done due to forced restrictions.

What are you working on?.  I did the three missions that reward containers in about 20 battles.  With the Charleston (which could be done with a St. Louis).

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,830 posts
1 minute ago, DrHolmes52 said:

What are you working on?.  I did the three missions that reward containers in about 20 battles.  With the Charleston (which could be done with a St. Louis).

receive 7 million potential damage. about 60th match and counting.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,420
[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,316 posts
6 minutes ago, Dareios said:

If it allowed me to do it in t10s I could have the mission done in 3 games, not 50 and counting.

It is time prohibitive. 2 days of 5-6 hours game play to not get one mission of one directive of one campaign done due to forced restrictions.

It's not like you have like a real long time to get it done   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,830 posts
Just now, Triela50 said:

It's not like you have like a real long time to get it done   

it uses up a limited campaign slot for another campaign that IS time limited.

So, no, I cant just let it trickle over the next 4 months.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,420
[SOLOH]
[SOLOH]
Beta Testers
4,316 posts
Just now, Dareios said:

it uses up a limited campaign slot for another campaign that IS time limited.

So, no, I cant just let it trickle over the next 4 months.

yeah not like you can finish that first one then come back to this one I mean it is permanent  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
1,830 posts
2 minutes ago, Triela50 said:

yeah not like you can finish that first one then come back to this one I mean it is permanent  

Waiting to finish that one off in next ranked season.

Sure, theres a lot of ways to say 'just dont do it if it annoys you' but thats not looking at the fact that WG engineered a campaign where at the same time the slowest ships in the game have a mission to tank damage and the fastest ships in the game have a mission to kill and torp as fast as possible. Both sides by definition will be griefing each other in the stated objectives of their missions, but only one side has the ability to do so at will and the other has to just hope that one of the Kamikaze doesnt want his 7th Kill of the game and will share a minute's time with the 18 kt BB who's 10 minute game has been pressing the W key and nothing else.

I cant hate the player for doing a mission as stated, but I can hate WG for forcing both at the same time, and not letting me use a high tier ship which can close the speed gap.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,422
[-K-]
[-K-]
Members
5,878 posts
22,446 battles

I like that low-tier is coming in as content again now that they upped the firewalll between new and old players there.

But for the love of the game, can you please do something about the T4 carriers? They've been broken af for over a year and need to be addressed if you want these tiers to be enjoyable again.

Edited by Edgecase

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8,463
[D-H-O]
-Members-
4,756 posts
15,668 battles
21 hours ago, BCGrog said:

A lot of us asked for lower Tier events so that we can enjoy the fun ships residing from T2 to T5.

You responded by bringing them into the newest campaign.

It's been a blast playing them.

It feels like you responded to the player base and created this event. If so, a hearty thank you and shout out.

Great work!

 

I've really enjoyed playing the lower tiers as well! Has reminded me of some of the more fun, funner? whatever you know what i mean shjips!

Mahalo,

-Hapa

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×