You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Shannon_Lindsey

Essex and company

17 comments in this topic

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,250 posts
11,715 battles

Essex, Taiho, Hiryu, Yorktown, Independence, Zuiho: these were promised back at the CV rework to return, yet we approach the two year mark and nothing. Some of us are near the end of our patience, and I guarantee if these skip bombers are forerunners to a Russian line (like Russia needs another line anytime soon) some of us may just permanently write you and all other existing and future products off, and this is a group that has been supporting you. Please, before we get frustrated and turn to competitors, give us real hope for getting these ships back!

PS- "Soon" is not hope. In fact, it's patronizing and likely to make our patience less.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 5

[BONKS]
Members
2,850 posts
52 battles

Last official word on this is that nothing is being done about them as submarines have development priority. So expect to wait at least another half a year, if not a year for them I'd say.

[TIAR]
[TIAR]
Beta Testers
1,604 posts
23,077 battles

WG was unable to get back odd tier CVs and still they will introduce SSs and 21 points captains!! 

Only WG.

[WPORT]
Members
9,821 posts
14,329 battles
1 hour ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Essex, Taiho, Hiryu, Yorktown, Independence, Zuiho: these were promised back at the CV rework to return, yet we approach the two year mark and nothing. Some of us are near the end of our patience, and I guarantee if these skip bombers are forerunners to a Russian line (like Russia needs another line anytime soon) some of us may just permanently write you and all other existing and future products off, and this is a group that has been supporting you. Please, before we get frustrated and turn to competitors, give us real hope for getting these ships back!

PS- "Soon" is not hope. In fact, it's patronizing and likely to make our patience less.

I share your sentiments.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
2 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

With German carriers just being released, I'd expect a decent amount of time to pass before we see more CVs added.

As for the skip bombers, I have a feeling it may be for French carriers down the road, but who knows.

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
2 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

Essex, Taiho, Hiryu, Yorktown, Independence, Zuiho: these were promised back at the CV rework to return...

Yorktown can’t return...it has never been here.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
49 minutes ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

The Yorktown-class is in game represented by Enterprise.

Edited by Ace_04

[A-I-M]
Members
4,084 posts
15,213 battles
Just now, Ace_04 said:

The Yorktown-class is in game represented by Midway.

1. No. The second Yorktown was an Essex class ship. And it was still never here, and therefore cannot “return.”

2. Still no: The Yorktown CLASS is in-game represented by Enterprise. And no matter how it is sliced, the Yorktown cannot return because it has never been here.

3. Midway is represented by, ummm, Midway, and cannot “return” because it has not left.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles

Look on the bright side: it'll be a long time before WG will have to use paper for premium CVs....

[HELLS]
Members
2,845 posts
31,531 battles
36 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Look on the bright side: it'll be a long time before WG will have to use paper for premium CVs....

They'll try hard....

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,315 posts
6,776 battles
4 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

It seems those CVs were planned to be "different" from the ones we have now. Probably they are still thinking about what can be "different". In the meantime, German CVs, Soviet CVs, lots of premium CVs. Goltz.

• Boring 1

[NONE]
Members
3,884 posts
12,020 battles
2 hours ago, Skpstr said:

<Looks at KM CV line, scratches head...> :cap_wander:

[DUSF]
Members
6 posts
4,805 battles
On 9/7/2020 at 11:19 AM, Skpstr said:

Uss Iwo Jima cv-46 of the Essex class is a tempting prospect given it is half paper

Edited by LeapedSiren97

Members
404 posts
26 battles
On 9/7/2020 at 2:46 PM, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

Correct, but Yorktown was "promised" in a very old news article that predated the release of the rework

image.thumb.png.cc80a744c8ffbd0b6633c4219f17176b.png

Honestly given their original intent I would prefer they didn't introduce them if they couldn't get them to work.
But I'm sure people have lots of 2 year old commentary on that subject as it is.

Spoiler

What will happen to the carriers from uneven tiers?
The main reason behind the temporary removal of uneven tiers is that they are too similar to their adjacent tiers and offer little difference in terms of gameplay.

Once the gameplay update is in effect and after some time has passed, we plan to release alternative branches of aircraft carriers. This will mean bringing back all, or almost all of the carriers removed due to the ship type being reworked.

We also intend to make different gameplay for the alternative branches focusing on other ways to impact a battle, considering unique approaches to victory and interaction with both allies and enemies. The word "different" can imply an array of diverse options. Alternative ships could concentrate more on helping their allies rather than dealing damage, for example, they might provide better spotting. It's possible that some aircraft types from alternative branches will be able to set small smoke screens, thus enabling them to save an allied cruiser from heavy shelling. Maybe they will even have the ability to help an allied battleship fight any fires that might be on board. Or perhaps even, some aircraft will gain the ability to land on water and capture control points, although they will be very easy to destroy. The options are numerous and we have listed only a small portion of them, but please do understand that these are auxiliary possibilities, that would be designed to accompany inflicting damage, as opposed to replacing it.

It’s very likely that alternative aircraft carriers will be more difficult to play on than ships with strike squadrons. But in several months they could certainly become an excellent choice for those who have mastered the reworked gameplay by then and want to try new options.

[CLUMP]
Members
1,891 posts
2,412 battles

If anything Wargaming is saving those CV for content when they need a boost if you know what mean :Smile_coin: 

Edited by LastRemnant

[WOLFG]
Members
33,573 posts
10,430 battles
16 hours ago, LeapedSiren97 said:

Uss Iwo Jima cv-46 of the Essex class is a tempting prospect given it is half paper

Why not just Essex then? They already have it, it just has to be adapted to post-rework status. (and likely given a "gimmick" of some sort)