You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Incomitatus

Had one of my best games tonight...

6 comments in this topic

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,827 battles

So, I work a very tiring job, and I like to relax with some Warship on Warship action before bed. On workdays (ie. 5/7ths of days) that means sticking to Co-op, Operations, or very low tier Randoms. I'm not a unicum by any means, just a competent player, at best, and a quick glance at my stats (for the shamers out there) will reveal I've yet to play any PvP games above tier 6. I have no shame, so don't bother.

So, take the bragging in that (pathetic) context...

I've played two games tonight, so far, both low tier Randoms. In the first, a defeat, I obliterated a South Carolina that failed to consider that all of its advantages over Mikasa don't apply at knife-fight range. Mikasa's infamously inaccurate guns can still find citadels at 1.5km, and the secondary battery is murderous, too.

The second battle, though... on Big Race, in Turenne, one of my most abysmal ships for win rate (in the 20%s), started in the south and steamed up the east side of the map. Sank two destroyers at close range (with help), dancing torpedo beats, then smacked a Tenryu (I think) down into Davy Jone's Locker, before coming around an island right into a surprised St. Louis. Turenne's secondaries do good work, too, it turns out. Close Quarters Combat award from that encounter. A wild South Carolina appeared and I think tried to go for the ram, but I dodged, and unloaded at under 1km. Full broadside with 3 citadel hits. Took that South Carolina from 90% hitpoints to sunk. Instantly. Followed up with a long range kill on a wounded Katori, for the High Caliber. If you're keeping count, that's 6 kills.

I might have to rethink my Least Liked Battleship designation...

image.thumb.png.f365636ff75a86c805fa8177f4aefdc3.png

Edited by Incomitatus
  • Cool 16

[0456]
Members
3,824 posts
10,091 battles

That's one thing that can be said for the way the game is set up... that match where everything comes together and you have the situational awareness and skill to capitalize on opportunity leaves you feeling pretty awesome afterwards.  Nice game!

• Thanks 1

[-CFI-]
Members
369 posts
3,827 battles
15 hours ago, _ENO_ said:

That's one thing that can be said for the way the game is set up... that match where everything comes together and you have the situational awareness and skill to capitalize on opportunity leaves you feeling pretty awesome afterwards.  Nice game!

Situational awareness was always my weak spot. But then I ended up taking a year off of playing. That wasn't intentional or a protest, life just got crazy with two jobs and then being an "essential" worker. However, somewhere in there I found time to play the other popular online Russian-made game with a Japanese name that isn't allowed to be mentioned on here, and mostly flew planes. Situational awareness is life in that game. Coming back to World of Warships and its slower pace, and I'm much, much better at keeping track of everything.

Edited by Incomitatus
  • Cool 1