You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Justin_Simpleton

More signals means crappy battle results?

26 comments in this topic

[SCRUM]
Members
133 posts
8,433 battles

I've been noticing that the more signals I mount, particularly special signals, the more likely I'll have a disappointing battle.  Tried four times in a row with signals, no wins and low HP damage. Removed all signals and had three victories in row with > 110K HP. Is anybody else seeing this?

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[CO-OP]
Members
2,344 posts
28,783 battles

Nope, but I got a tin foil hat if you want one.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 3

[SCRUM]
Members
133 posts
8,433 battles
3 minutes ago, Efros said:

Nope, but I got a tin foil hat if you want one.

Ok that's one no, thankyou.  What's with the tin foil hat comment?

Members
5,725 posts
11,172 battles

Any type of battle can happen at any time.   There is no conspiracy that adding a certain type of flag will get you and XXX battle.  Things will line up at times but MM can't absolutely guarantee and battle result or a type of battle.

[WOLF9]
Members
4,679 posts

It's always been like this-  when you have a lot riding on it,  congrats!  You win the booby prize!     I don't really think it's a coded-in thing- just what often happens.   Which is why I've never used any of the super-duper extra special camos- you know the +400% XP ones they hand out 1 or 2 at a time for completing some epic grind?

I ration stuff like that, and only equip it if I have enough, that throwing one or two away isn't any big deal.

Because that's my luck, lol.   I'd equip one of those camos and a bunch of special signals to, say, Colorado,  to help it over that last hump- and get a match with 4 DD's and 3 CL's per team...  (on a 9 person co-op team)   Who all charge in full throttle, and annihilate 9/10 of the red team before I'm even up to full speed.    Or. I'd get 2 Brothers, spawn far out on a flank- and the entire bot team would go to the other side.

If you've ever played a match like that, and wondered what all the noise and pounding was:

That was me, stepping into the next room and pounding my head against the wall while screaming inarticulately in pure frustration, lol.     (because this is the 5th or 6th strait match like that...)

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,332 posts
14,924 battles
46 minutes ago, Raven2303 said:

Sailor superstition."I mounted the AA signal, why am I not getting in matches with CV's?" 

That is the Murphy's Law of match making. I take out my Texas and no CV /pout but if I take the Viribus Units it is a double tier 6 CV match

• Cool 1

[SCRUM]
Members
133 posts
8,433 battles
15 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

That is the Murphy's Law of match making. I take out my Texas and no CV /pout but if I take the Viribus Units it is a double tier 6 CV match

Mmm, Murphy's Law, perhaps.  I'll be more careful to keep track.  However, the Viribus Unitis has ALWAYS broken a six and seven game losing streak. I really like that ship.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,671 posts
10,453 battles
3 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

I've been noticing that the more signals I mount, particularly special signals, the more likely I'll have a disappointing battle.  Tried four times in a row with signals, no wins and low HP damage. Removed all signals and had three victories in row with > 110K HP. Is anybody else seeing this?

It's the same thing as only hitting all the red lights when you're late for work lol.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I think a lot of times the issue is nothing more than a self fulfilling prophesy.   When you got those coveted and very limited special signals on your ship, you unconsciously put pressure on yourself to have a stellar match and get the most out of the signals.  Often as not this pressure leads you to make mistakes you wouldn't normally make and poof, there go your precious, rare, special flags.   

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,446 posts

Mr Murphy at work.

I'll set up a ship with max AA and what do I see? No CV's

I think thats the ultimate CV killer, load a ship that has monster AA. Scares all of them away before the fight started.

[CWM]
Members
614 posts
6,820 battles

It’s all insurance. If you don’t want to pay the premium then don’t. Just because the results are bad when you have insurance as opposed to when you don’t doesn’t mean anything. 

[-BUI-]
Members
2,703 posts
7,030 battles
8 hours ago, Justin_Simpleton said:

Actually yeah, every time I mount specials I get put on teams that lose in 6 minutes.    I've learned to stop using them.   Its also the reason that special flags don't have any value to me.   If the "possible reward" is special flags, its the same thing as saying the "possible reward" is nothing at all.   

Members
629 posts
12,602 battles

That’s what it feels like, but then I’ll have a battle with 10k or 12k xp so it’s just the normal random variation.

[OIL-1]
Members
1,510 posts

Been that way since the beginning.
Add signals, get worse teammates.
Upgrade modules, get worse teammates.
Put a higher skilled crew in, get worse teammates.
It goes on and on.

The flat earthers who always cry tin foil hat can't see it,
and don't follow the game programming news sites, so they have no clue what's really going on.

• Cool 1

[WOLFC]
Members
2,793 posts
11,335 battles
On 9/6/2020 at 2:05 PM, Justin_Simpleton said:

Nope. Confirmation bias is one hell of a drug.

[BNKR]
Members
1,653 posts
2,818 battles

Your personal Wargaming employee is Pavel Andropov. He monitors your play, and when he sees you’ve mounted signals, he activates your “no win, bad play” program. Please don’t ask how I know. I’m risking everything to tell  you this. 

[SCREW]
Members
435 posts
20,758 battles

It really can feel that way, but it's just not the case. Some of us are just really unlucky. I've just stopped using any special flags in randoms. Suggest you do the same. Use the xp flags for grinding lines, but other than that, save them for the ranked/clan battles/brawls.

[REKTD]
Members
642 posts
11,269 battles
20 hours ago, xHeavy said:

Mr Murphy at work.

I'll set up a ship with max AA and what do I see? No CV's

I think thats the ultimate CV killer, load a ship that has monster AA. Scares all of them away before the fight started.

This is absolutely the truth, no matter what is said about MM: have dual CV matches, see more CVs in queue than the next 2 ships combined - select AA spec ship and get a match with no CVs. 

[QNA]
[QNA]
Members
2,397 posts
7,014 battles

It can be like that. I've noticed that when I special camo that everything goes wrong.

[YARRR]
[YARRR]
Members
260 posts
5,565 battles

Can confirm. Loaded up on dragon flags and fancy camo from the event to power through the Ibuki grind. Averaging 94k damage through this, just watched my last team choke on a 9v5 and lose. It's not WG, it's cosmic.

losseslol.jpg.110b5f56b9d7ebf94519c97fea04e81b.jpg