You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DavidNXS

Roosevelt CV interesting

73 comments in this topic

[-N-]
Members
209 posts
14,163 battles

So today My cv was actually snipe by another CV the unreleased Roosevelt.  this has nt happen to me since before the CV revamp   CV AA too strong except The roosevelt  able to get multiple drop on my cv with  2 set of fighters up

the damage this ship puts out is incredible I WANT IT  if tester can have it then i want to buy it as it completely overpowered against other  CVs not sure about other ship but he took my audacious out  easily

this is a problem we cannot move with fleet we will get blapped so letting a tester abused a test ship in public play is completely wasted action so either sell it to me or take it out of game

• Funny 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 2

[KSC]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,342 posts
13,275 battles
7 hours ago, DavidNXS said:

So today

It's in testing so they can balance it.

• Cool 1

[12TF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
9,241 posts

So today

They give ships to super testers so that they can be tested and balanced, before they are released to everyone.  Unless you are a super tester, you will need to wait for it to be released.

It isn't moronic to test a ship in public play.  It's really the only way to get enough data to balance it before everyone gets it.

[HINON]
Members
14,213 posts

He was testing its ability to CV snipe. Judging from the resulting it was a success. FdR will probably get some more nerfs.

[RBMK]
Members
2,266 posts
36,373 battles

So today

This is exactly what needs to happen to balance CVs- namely another CV. All of them should be able to take out the other and not the [edited] we have now.

• Cool 3

[-N-]
Members
209 posts
14,163 battles
22 minutes ago, RipNuN2 said:

He was testing its ability to CV snipe. Judging from the resulting it was a success. FdR will probably get some more nerfs.

ID SAY!!   dropped 10 torps on my audious through  cv aa and  2 sets of fighters   just a little salty due to fact i was  in navy battles at the time

Members
206 posts
6,030 battles
4 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

This is exactly what needs to happen to balance CVs- namely another CV. All of them should be able to take out the other and not the [edited] we have now.

Then people would whine that their CV was sniped before the other CV, and that the rest of the game they didn't have a CV. Not to mention that would create even worse game play as the first 5 minutes of the match would be nothing but CVs trying to strike each other, much like they did pre-rework.

As fro the FDR, last night I had an ally tirpits lose 30K HP from two... rocket strikes... from the FDR. Granted he was t8 against t10 carrier and didn't try to dodge very well (although the whole time the planes were in my seattle priroity sector and def AA). Still, for rockets to reliably do that much flat non-fire damage against a BB, the ship they are suppose to be weak against, is a bit silly. Test ships should start weak and get buffed, not started game breakingly strong and then get nerfed.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[KSC]
1,342 posts
13,275 battles
7 minutes ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

All of the current CVs can kill the opposing CV.  However, due to the Defensive Fighter consumable on the CV hull, it requires multiple trips which means a significant time investment for said CV's removal.  Typically it takes 4-5 cross-map trips from one CV to the other to get a kill, which can be about 7+ minutes into a game.  In later stages of the game, when CV hulls are closer, anti-CV time to kill drops dramatically.

-----

The OP said he died to the FDR, but he never said how quickly it occurred.  He said something about "multiple drops", which could well be 5+ minutes into the match because the FDR is time-gated between attacks (or was when the concept of the CV was announced).

[HINON]
Members
8,997 posts
13,158 battles

well when each plane has over 3K HP even a CV will struggle to stop a drop from happening, who would of thought? if a CV, the ship type that has the best and most AA defenses in the game currently, has problems shooting down FDR's planes, then what hope to the other ships have?

Edited by tcbaker777
  • Cool 1

[KSC]
1,342 posts
13,275 battles
2 minutes ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

As fro the FDR, last night I had an ally tirpits lose 30K HP from two... rocket strikes... from the FDR. Granted he was t8 against t10 carrier and didn't try to dodge very well (although the whole time the planes were in my seattle priroity sector and def AA). Still, for rockets to reliably do that much flat non-fire damage against a BB, the ship they are suppose to be weak against, is a bit silly. Test ships should start weak and get buffed, not started game breakingly strong and then get nerfed.

Midway Tiny Tims already strike for around 12-15k against Battleships that aren't saturated out.  30k from two strikes delivered from a T10 CV isn't that odd.

[YORHA]
Members
5,368 posts
10,521 battles

I have to wonder why someone who publicly announced they had uninstalled the game for the final time for sure for ever and then hid their stats would even care.

Edited by JCC45
  • Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[12TF]
9,241 posts
5 minutes ago, DavidNXS said:

ID SAY!!   dropped 10 torps on my audious through  cv aa and  2 sets of fighters   just a little salty due to fact i was  in navy battles at the time

You can drop 10 torps on a CV with something like a Kaga no problem.  It will cost you a whole bunch of airplanes and likely more than one run to the other side of the map, but you can do it if you choose to.  If it's a problem with the FDR, they will fix it.  This is why they are testing it, so they know.

[-N-]
Members
209 posts
14,163 battles
2 minutes ago, Ahskance said:

All of the current CVs can kill the opposing CV.  However, due to the Defensive Fighter consumable on the CV hull, it requires multiple trips which means a significant time investment for said CV's removal.  Typically it takes 4-5 cross-map trips from one CV to the other to get a kill, which can be about 7+ minutes into a game.  In later stages of the game, when CV hulls are closer, anti-CV time to kill drops dramatically.

-----

The OP said he died to the FDR, but he never said how quickly it occurred.  He said something about "multiple drops", which could well be 5+ minutes into the match because the FDR is time-gated between attacks (or was when the concept of the CV was announced).

first 5 mins  multiple drop in single runs

• Meh 1

[YORHA]
Members
5,368 posts
10,521 battles
1 minute ago, Ahskance said:

Midway Tiny Tims already strike for around 12-15k against Battleships that aren't saturated out.  30k from two strikes delivered from a T10 CV isn't that odd.

Also against Des Moines!

Costly but satisfying.

[KSC]
1,342 posts
13,275 battles
5 minutes ago, tcbaker777 said:

well when each plane has over 3K HP, id expect even a CVs AA, which is basically the only AA that can fight off a CVs attack all on its own, to have problems

Yeah, I think the FDR planes are over 4k health each.  Fighters are required since 1 Fighter = 1 plane kill (though a heal can be used to mitigate incoming fighter damage and save planes).

The CV hull should have 4 consumables with... 5 fighters(?) launched each wave.  If supplemented with Patrol fighters, the CV should be able to fend off some attacks and drag it out.  That being said, everything dies if shot at long enough, so a dedicated attack will likely win in the end (but can take a lot of time)

Edited by Ahskance

[12TF]
9,241 posts
3 minutes ago, DavidNXS said:

first 5 mins  multiple drop in single runs

"first 5 mins" means nothing.  You can go all the way around and attack a CV in the first 5 mins, with any CV, right now.  Whether that is a good idea or not, is certainly debatable.

In summary, it's not a big deal, it's a test ship.  It's unhappy that you met one if it's OP, but this is why they test them.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
5,075 posts
19,434 battles

I think the FDR has become locked behind the ST curtain. If you want it, you have to become a ST. 
(obligatory NDA statement)

If it is released it will be a shell of it’s former ST self.

*cough* NDA *cough*

[SHOOT]
[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
4,326 posts
12,977 battles

What's even more funny is that the German CVs can already do this: CV snip.

[BONKS]
Members
2,858 posts
52 battles

Once got sniped by one of the premier EU CV players.
It took him over 15 minutes, pretty much all of his strike planes and he threw the match in the process.

Defending against an FDR snipe is literally no different to defending against any other T10 CV attempting to snipe you.

SuperTest Coordinator, Beta Testers
7,030 posts
13,140 battles

It’s our responsibility to test ships to the best of its abilities and our abilities. 

[SALVO]
Members
8,264 posts
6,122 battles
1 hour ago, JimmyTheRealPirate said:

Then people would whine that their CV was sniped before the other CV, and that the rest of the game they didn't have a CV. 

I won't, it is very much the same with any significant disparity in CV skills.

[-N-]
Members
209 posts
14,163 battles
52 minutes ago, El2aZeR said:

Once got sniped by one of the premier EU CV players.
It took him over 15 minutes, pretty much all of his strike planes and he threw the match in the process.

Defending against an FDR snipe is literally no different to defending against any other T10 CV attempting to snipe you.

This did not take 15 minutes it was actually  two strike groups in just over 5 mins

I can tell you this i have every t10 CV except german (working on it) and my planes get obliterated attacking a CV then  my  weapon do maybe 25% damage  on a perfect strike but there is no 2nd strike  on one pass

[BONKS]
Members
2,858 posts
52 battles
1 hour ago, DavidNXS said:

This did not take 15 minutes it was actually  two strike groups in just over 5 mins

I can tell you this i have every t10 CV except german (working on it) and my planes get obliterated attacking a CV then  my  weapon do maybe 25% damage  on a perfect strike but there is no 2nd strike  on one pass

If you get killed with just 2 squads expended that's your own fault.

There is no 2nd pass for a FDR either if you do everything correctly.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,651 posts
10,445 battles
5 hours ago, DavidNXS said:

letting [OO7]Katara abuse  a test ship in public play is completely moronic action   so either sell it to me or take it out of game

Sell it to you now?

Sure, but when they nerf it before release, precisely for the reason you describe, we don't want to hear you complain that WG nerfed the ship you paid for.

That's why they let testers "abuse test ships in public play", so that they know how the ship performs on the live server, against full teams of real players.

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
33,651 posts
10,445 battles
4 hours ago, Wye_So_Serious said:

Be careful what you wish for. WG will just end up buffing CV offense to make that happen, then you'll beg for the [edited] we have now lol.

Edited by Skpstr
  • Haha 1