You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Col_Nasty

Am I missing something or is this supposed to be cute?

29 comments in this topic

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts

May be I missed the meeting that week but do we now say hi to people we know from the forum by Bombing them from their CV to get some sweet Team damage at the start of the match?

This was someone you all know here and is proud of the bad rep he has.

• Funny 1
  • Sad 2
  • Boring 2

[JEDI-]
Members
2,684 posts
6,903 battles

I usually settle for saying hi to other forum people i meet. 

• Cool 1

[GOB]
Members
2,738 posts
7 minutes ago, xalmgrey said:

I usually settle for saying hi to other forum people i meet. 

Yeah me too.  I guess we are all boring and stuff.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Beta Testers
4,735 posts
7,019 battles

honestly,i have a problem remembering names,so most of the time  i might meet some fella from the forum but dont know he/she is from the forum,unless the user is super "famous" like happa or lert.

Edited by Cruxdei

[GGWP]
Members
7,589 posts
17,969 battles

Oh my, that sounds awful. Shame you can't report the player anymore, cause WG will just say their auto team damage system works just fine

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
11,080 posts
19,206 battles

Yeah, I give them a compliment if I notice that they are there. Sometimes I don't read the roster, just check for how many bots there are and ship types.

• Cool 1

[-TRM-]
Members
0 posts

Ever since I put my 18 wheeler and it's pharmacy loads up pernamently they wanted to have a meeting with me.

I told them, no meetings ever again. Not going to sit silently and be patted on the head with decorated corporate talk about how many fine things they have done this quarter WITHOUT YOUR KNOWLEDGE.. I told that to the chiefs and suits, I don't know any of you and you know more about me than anyone hasa right to. Maybe you get this key run a load to detriot for the morning and I get to run your desk and monitor your ontime progress to Detriot tonight. You have 20 minutes to be wheels rolling to be on time. Get going yer late.

That goes over like a lead balloon.

Meetings HA> Such disasters. I usually do not attend them.

The last big formal meeting I had, after I stood up and yelled [edited] and then proceeded to tear apart the suit's bullet points on powerpoint with actual real life trucking problems it creates for the company they had silence for 30 minutes and then threw me out. Espcially after 50 people agreed that the suit was full of [edited]. They fired him too.

Edited by xHeavy
  • Sad 1

[O_O]
Members
7,042 posts
17,437 battles
12 minutes ago, Cruxdei said:

honestly,i have a problem remembering names,so most of the time  i might meet some fella from the forum but dont know he/she is from the forum,unless the user is super "famous" like happa, lert or desmo_2.

I know what you meant.  :cap_cool:

• Funny 4
  • Haha 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,850 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

May be I missed the meeting that week but do we now say hi to people we know from the forum by Bombing them from their CV to get some sweet Team damage at the start of the match?

So should we now say HI to CV players we know at the beginning of a match with a 9 battleship gun salute? Right smack in the middle of the ship?

(I wouldn't want players to think I was anti-social or something.)

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
3 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Lots of jerks out there.    I had a teammate cut right in front of me while I was zoomed in firing on and enemy ship.  I guess I clipped him with a few 150mm HE shells and did like 300 damage team damage to him.  While I was in the process of typing my apology, he drops his entire load of torps into me.  I was like, "What the hell!" and he typed back, "That is what you get."  I was like, "You do realize that the difference was that you cut in front of me causing me to accidentally hit you for like 300 damage and you just dumped your torps to me on purpose for 30k right?"  He was like, "Yep and it is a good thing you know it too".  I was completely flabbergasted at his response.  Honestly it amazes me how much courage these people have when they are anonymous on the internet.  If someone did that to me on the street, I would break them in two like a twig hehe, but after a minute or so of being annoyed, I realized he must have a pretty pathetic life to act like that and felt sorry for him to be honest.  

• Cool 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,367 posts
6,999 battles
5 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

As far as I know, he's not talking about me. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Meh 1

Members
4,700 posts
45,702 battles
6 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

Was this in Randoms? Because that might not change much, unfortunately. Just turn in a replay and a ticket.

By saying something here, it makes you a target as well.

Next they will target your clan. And ruining the game experience for your clan members, well that is not fair to them.

If you want to document, report it to WG, let them deal with it. A third party is best in cases like this. 

The more you bring to the party the worse it gets for offenders who harass players of any ship type.

Because it is a form of oppression. Start with a player, and once others join in the frenzy, they unwittingly get roped (pun intended) in something they don't know or fully understand.

Those players are flaunting their ability to harass that player and fear no consequences.

Sadly, there are always witnesses. Witnesses that know both sides of the issues. And it is that third party that has no stake in the matter that is capable of rendering judgement.

In this case, the reporting system, replays, screenshots, and filing a ticket.

These are the tools to help you and fellow players. Use them wisely and with supporting documentation. Then WG looks into it.

As with all gaming companies, it is a sincere hope that all players are happy playing the game, mode, and time of their choosing.

Those that seek to marginalize or demean players because of a ship type,mode, or way they do it fall prey to the rest of us for scrutiny.

Have fun out there and report it. It's good you brought it up.

But take care to not involve your clan or friends as some players are smart enough to make certain, that known associates are retaliated against.

Protect your friends and clan mates. Use the report system.

If it means a fight alone, then at least you spared them from harassment.

Edited by SteelRain_Rifleman

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts

:Smile_teethhappy: Sorry for the chuckle, sounds comical even if the situation is a sad one.

Must admit I am usually going through my match tick list - Who is on my team (ship wise), who is on the enemy team (who can I hurt - who can hurt me), what map are we on, what kind of match is it and what is my best role likely to need to be to help us win.

By the time I've gone through that and taking good stock of where everyone is and what is going on the mini-map; I often miss who the people are on my team. If I can I will say hello and send a +1, but often the other player has to say hi first, I'm just not that great at the multitasking. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

[NONE]
Members
3,894 posts
12,106 battles
7 hours ago, Col_Nasty said:

If it's worth your time, submit a ticket with replay. There's not much else for it. Can't name and shame here.

If the video were to make it onto YouTube on the other hand... :cap_cool:

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,269 posts
12,187 battles

Not knowing the particulars - either A: they were being dumb when dumping ordnance and misjudged  where it'd land vs where your ship is or B: they were being dumb and attacking a teammate - likely one who disagrees with them on something and resort to the equivalent of a childish tantrum. 

[-BSK-]
Members
491 posts
21,849 battles

I wish they would remove team damage. there are a bunch of potatoes I would love to sink

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
24 minutes ago, Groo_ said:

I wish they would remove team damage. there are a bunch of potatoes I would love to sink

They can't ever do that because the game would turn into "Who Will be The Last Survivor". 

[WOLFG]
Members
33,679 posts
10,473 battles
6 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

Lots of jerks out there.    I had a teammate cut right in front of me while I was zoomed in firing on and enemy ship.  I guess I clipped him with a few 150mm HE shells and did like 300 damage team damage to him.  While I was in the process of typing my apology, he drops his entire load of torps into me.  I was like, "What the hell!" and he typed back, "That is what you get."  I was like, "You do realize that the difference was that you cut in front of me causing me to accidentally hit you for like 300 damage and you just dumped your torps to me on purpose for 30k right?"  He was like, "Yep and it is a good thing you know it too".  I was completely flabbergasted at his response. 

You can't fix stupid, all you can do is shake your head and move on.

6 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

Honestly it amazes me how much courage these people have when they are anonymous on the internet.  If someone did that to me on the street, I would break them in two like a twig hehe....

That's the thing, it's the internet and anonymous. For all you know, this guy does stuff like that IRL, so they take the first swing and then he breaks them in two like twigs. (I knew a guy like that in the day, it ended up taking 6 of us to break into his apartment and chucking him through his 2nd story living room window, to get him to go play his little games at a different bar)

There's always somebody tougher, or with more friends.

Better to refrain from referring to RL.

[YORHA]
Members
5,372 posts
10,521 battles

For the hundredth time I suggest the following.

100% of team damage gets reflected on the perpetrator.

First offence: Banished to co-op for 5 games

Second offence:  Banished to co-op for 25 games

Third offence:  Account suspended for 7 days

Fourth offence: Account suspended for a month

Fifth offence: Account suspended permanently.

• Cool 1

Members
1,078 posts
12,859 battles
6 hours ago, JCC45 said:

Everyone’s account would be suspended soon enough.  Accidental team damage (even if you remove collisions) happens every once in a while.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,850 battles
11 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

As far as I know

As far as you know? Did you ACCIDENTALLY take someone out at the beginning of a match and somehow forget about it?

[WOLFG]
Members
33,679 posts
10,473 battles
7 hours ago, JCC45 said:

I'd be ok with that, I'm happy enough not to play anything with torps.

It would certainly give those who dislike DDs a way to remove them from the game. A few dozen players get griefed, and before you know it, there'll be more people playing CVs than DDs lol.

• Meh 1

[WOLFG]
Members
33,679 posts
10,473 battles
40 minutes ago, Umikami said:

As far as you know? Did you ACCIDENTALLY take someone out at the beginning of a match and somehow forget about it?

Maybe he took someone out on purpose, but wasn't paying attention to who it was lol.