Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
kgh52

Type 6 camos??????

7 comments in this topic

[TDRB]
Members
5,329 posts
13,743 battles

Other than to sell for 37,500 credits, what good are type 6 camos? While 50 doubloons isn't that much I usually have several different variations of camos on hand. You're better off buying a perma-camo for T6 & above.

Maybe I'm overlooking something but I don't see a need for these camos.

[WOLF5]
Supertester
5,150 posts
4,345 battles

I use them when I get them for free. But yeah, I have plenty of camos so I'm not going to pay doubloons for one.

I think it's a holdover from the early days when there were very few other camos available. There were pretty much three camos, concealment, dispersion, or both. Then Type 6 and Ocean Soul. We get a couple new camos every patch now, but back then it was very tempting.

Members
4,168 posts
14,887 battles
2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Aren't they +200% XP?

No, only a few give that 200% XP, Type 59 and I think some of the asian festival/holiday ones do that. 

[BUOY]
Members
1,348 posts
16,909 battles
14 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Other than to sell for 37,500 credits, what good are type 6 camos? While 50 doubloons isn't that much I usually have several different variations of camos on hand. You're better off buying a perma-camo for T6 & above.

Maybe I'm overlooking something but I don't see a need for these camos.

+100% xp is better than the +50% xp a T8 or lower permaflage gives. I ground through a lot of lines with Halloween camos (which are the same as the T6) and regular economic flags. 

2 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Aren't they +200% XP?

That's Type 59 (125 dubs each.)

[WOLFG]
Members
33,679 posts
10,473 battles
5 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

No, only a few give that 200% XP, Type 59 and I think some of the asian festival/holiday ones do that. 

3 minutes ago, lloyd1701 said:

That's Type 59 (125 dubs each.)

Yeah, Type 59 is the one I was thinking of.

The least useful bonus camo, I use on my lower-tier "keeper" ships, if I'm grinding towards a skill I want.

[CO-OP]
Members
3,457 posts
30,238 battles

Type 6 only gives you -3% detection, +4% dispersion, and 100% XP.  Type 16-18 (tier 6-8) will give you detection and dispersion benefits, but only +50%XP, plus -10%to post-battle repairs.  

Sign in to follow this