You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Barney_Wobba

Aircraft carriers in general

171 comments in this topic

[HMN]
Members
22 posts
200 battles

So, been playing the game on and off for years. Never have I seen such bias for one type of ship until lately.

Aircraft Carriers....really?

In my last game I was in a DD, totally pointeless as the CV hounded me after wiping out two cruisers. Makes my game experience so shite I wonder why I bother buying flags or loging in.

Can you not split games between CV and non-cv games? Really, this isn't the first time and it is making me not want to play.

Edited by Barney_Wobba
  • Cool 16
  • Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1
  • Boring 9
  • Meh 13

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
1 minute ago, Barney_Wobba said:

So, been playing the game on and off for years. Never have I seen such bias for one type of ship until lately.

CVs have been consistently been nerfed ever since the rework.

• Cool 7
  • Haha 5
  • Meh 4

[PN]
WoWS Community Contributors
129 posts
6,182 battles
2 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

It might be good to discuss what particular traits you find frustrating about CVs so that it brings about more discussion and insight for the Community teams. Just saying their Bias really doesn't do much of anything to get them changed

• Boring 2

[HMN]
Members
22 posts
200 battles
2 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

And rightly so, coz the are OP and suck the life out of people that want to play

• Thanks 11
  • Boring 3
  • Meh 3

[-N-]
Alpha Tester
813 posts
Just now, RyuuohD_NA said:

If they've honestly needed it or not.  All depends on those players that report CV's players for daring to play the game with that ship.  Hell they even did a boycott on CB's because weegee dared to bring them into it.  Funny as hell to watch people harass anyone that dares to say CV's are fine and folks are having fun with them. :fish_palm:

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 1

[HMN]
Members
22 posts
200 battles
1 minute ago, IN_GENERAL said:

It might be good to discuss what particular traits you find frustrating about CVs so that it brings about more discussion and insight for the Community teams. Just saying their Bias really doesn't do much of anything to get them changed

How easy it is to spot enemy despite amazing camo etc.

How fast u can waste an enemy, anyone, anywhere despite the AA defence.

The DPS of new AP bombs, not to mention the new cruise missiles I heard about.

If CVG have new advanced systems why don't new ships have exocet etc or missiles guided from satellite? It can go to ofar, this is a WW2 max simulator, not cold war yet noes?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,835 posts
10,874 battles
9 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

+1

[WPORT]
Members
5,835 posts
10,874 battles
7 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

And rightly so, coz the are OP and suck the life out of people that want to play

People that can't handle playing with a full deck of ships make me wonder if they are the one's sucking the life out of a game that is fine, except for a few with poor attitudes and coping skills.  :Smile_glasses:

• Cool 7
  • Meh 5

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
26,624 posts
14,196 battles

You have made a couple of mistakes.

First, you leveled too fast and once you got a tier 5 you were removed from the protected MM that new players get and tossed into the deep end. If you had stayed with tier 1 - 4 ships you would have stayed in the protected MM for 200 matches. You cannot get that protected status back unless you create a new account which would not be a problem because you have no premium ships. If you go that route stay below tier five until you feel you are ready to make the leap.

Second, you seem to have gone off you your own which DD's cannot afford to do in CV matches at least in the early stages. Watch the mini map to see where they are operating and go where they are not.

The good news on CV's is they are most common in tier 4 and are less and less common as the tiers go up. The bad news on CV's is as you go up the tiers you are more likely to run into really good CV players. Hang in there.

• Cool 3
  • Thanks 1

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,301 posts
5,943 battles

The charm of CVs for your average CV driver type is that their targets don't get a choice whether they get play targets for them.  

So WG would appreciate it if you'd just be a good target and/or find some other game to play.  They have plenty of bots to "fill in the gaps" that you'll leave behind.   

• Cool 2
  • Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,835 posts
10,874 battles
8 minutes ago, CommodoreKang said:

The charm of CVs for your average CV driver type is that their targets don't get a choice whether they get play targets for them.  

So WG would appreciate it if you'd just be a good target and/or find some other game to play.  They have plenty of bots to "fill in the gaps" that you'll leave behind.   

Every time a player clicks on the "BATTLE" button, they know ships & players are gonna try to sink their ship.
Quibbling about which ship type you prefer to deal with or avoid is not an option.
Level-up one's game and coping skills, I say.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 4

[-BUI-]
Members
2,167 posts
5,930 battles
40 minutes ago, Barney_Wobba said:

Aircraft Carriers....really?

In my last game I was in a DD, totally pointeless as the CV hounded me after wiping out two cruisers. Makes my game experience so shite I wonder why I bother buying flags or loging in.

Can you not split games between CV and non-cv games? Really, this isn't the first time and it is making me not want to play.

Well...from what I see here, you haven't played a single round on this account since July 29th...so its odd you are posting today, and your "last game in a DD" was months ago...Your WR and PR are pretty high...which makes me think you are a "re-roll" account and an experienced player who is simply pretending to be a new player in order to try and get more sympathy for your opinion.  

If you have been playing "for years"...you'd know Aircraft Carriers are not new, they have always been part of the game.    Something doesn't add up in my most humble opinion.

throughyou.gif

Edited by Zenn3k
  • Cool 8

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,301 posts
5,943 battles
1 minute ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Every time a player clicks on the "BATTLE" button, they know ships & players are gonna try to sink their ship.
Quibbling about which ship type you prefer to deal with or avoid is not an option.
Level-up one's game and coping skills, I say.

Well, ofc, the other charm that the CV presents to your fleet admiral type player is that the CV is pretty much immune to damage for most of the game.  And in some cases, the entire game.

That provides a uniquely WG type PVP experience for the CV captain.  For their targets, it's thoroughly frustrating.  Which makes it all the more spicier for the CV driver.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 1

Members
1,576 posts
52 battles
43 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Which is ofc intellectually dishonest given that 0.8.5 practically put a hard reset on CV mechanics and 0.8.7 completely murdered AA. Since then we've only had minor adjustments which meant little in the long run.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 3

[WPORT]
Members
5,835 posts
10,874 battles
1 minute ago, CommodoreKang said:

Well, ofc, the other charm that the CV presents to your fleet admiral type player is that the CV is pretty much immune to damage for most of the game.  And in some cases, the entire game.

That provides a uniquely WG type PVP experience for the CV captain.  For their targets, it's thoroughly frustrating.  Which makes it all the more spicier for the CV driver.

CV's are not immune to damage.
Mine have been sunk by pretty much every method available, at one time or another.
And, several of my CV's have earned close-quarters-expert awards (some of them on more than one occasion).

I play all ship types.  Which means I play against CV's with DD's and cruisers and BB's, too (and submarines, during testing).

There have been several methods of playing CV's and playing against CV's published on the forums and on youtube and etc.
Yet, for some reason, some people find it more satisfying to whine about their plight instead of doing the homework and putting in the effort to level-up their game.

• Cool 3
  • Meh 4

[WPORT]
Members
5,835 posts
10,874 battles
Acronym Definition
OFC Office
OFC Of Course
OFC Officer
OFC Olayan Financing Company
OFC Oxygen Free Copper
OFC Old Fashioned Christmas
OFC Original Female Character (fanfiction)
OFC Oceania Football Confederation (soccer)
OFC Optical Fiber Cable
OFC Oilfield Chemicals
OFC Optical Fiber Communications
OFC Order Fulfillment Center
OFC Office Code (Sprint)
OFC Orofacial Cleft
OFC Orbital Frontal Cortex
OFC Offshore Financial Center
OFC Opportunity for Change (school system program to help troubled children)
OFC Oxford Farming Conference (UK)
OFC Optical Fiber Coupler
OFC Official Fan Club
OFC Ohio Fried Chicken (Jake Paul song)
OFC Options for Change (Newburyport, MA)
OFC Olanzapine/Fluoxetine Combination
OFC Optical Fiber Conference (IEEE communications society)
OFC Optional Federal Charter (US insurance regulations)
OFC Optical Fiber Communication
OFC Open Fiber Control
OFC Output Flow Control
OFC Open Financial Connectivity
OFC Optical Fiber Conference
OFC Open Future Concept
OFC Ozark Folk Center (Mountain View, AR)
OFC Oregon Fire Code
OFC Other Female Character
OFC Otemachi Financial City (office complex; Tokyo, Japan)
OFC Open Financial Connectivity (Intuit, Microsoft And Checkfree)
OFC Outside Front Cover
OFC Open Food Challenge
OFC Oklahoma Food Cooperative (Oklahoma City, OK)
OFC Objective Force Capabilities
OFC Organization For Combat
OFC Oral Fluid Challenge
OFC Old First Church
OFC Operation First Casualty (political protest)
OFC Odivelas Futebol Clube (Portuguese football club)
OFC Oxide Fuels Complex
OFC Occipitofrontal Circumference
OFC Ontario Fitness Council (Canada)
OFC Optical Fiber, Conductive (ITS)
OFC Oxyfuel Gas Cutting (cutting/welding)
OFC Office of Handicapped Concerns (Oklahoma)
OFC Omega Force Clan (gaming clan)
OFC Open Fibre Control (Paroli)
OFC Offenbacher Fussball Club
OFC Omron Finance Canada
OFC Open Friction Course (asphalt roadway paving material)
OFC Open File Connection
OFC Other Foreign Currency
OFC Order Fulfillment Council
OFC Overflowing Cylinder
OFC Operations and Facilities Council
OFC Old Fart Clan (gaming, Day of Defeat Clan)
OFC Oil & Filter Change
OFC Overhead Foxhole Cover
OFC Optional Forward Call Indicator (CCS #7/ITU-T)
OFC Optical Filter Card
OFC Ormond Football Club
OFC Old Fine Canadian (whisky)

https://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/OFC

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,301 posts
5,943 battles
Just now, Wolfswetpaws said:

CV's are not immune to damage.

I said "pretty much". 

And they are pretty much immune to damage given their map wide stealth "firing" capabilities.  Not to mention their map wide stealth/immune (to the ship) spotting capabilities.

It's a combination that's the golden ticket to a certain type of player's wallet.  And WG knows that player better than they know themselves.  LOL

• Meh 1

[WPORT]
Members
5,835 posts
10,874 battles
Just now, CommodoreKang said:

I said "pretty much". 

And they are pretty much immune to damage given their map wide stealth "firing" capabilities.  Not to mention their map wide stealth/immune (to the ship) spotting capabilities.

It's a combination that's the golden ticket to a certain type of player's wallet.  And WG knows that player better than they know themselves.  LOL

My Kaga got "one shot-ed" by a Shikishima from the other side of a map.
Sure, the dispersion of that salvo was lucky for the Shikishima driver and they did their part in aiming well.  And my CV was spotted by something that provided the Shikishima with targeting data... and boom.
Doesn't happen every game.  But, hey, my compliments to your gunners, Shikishima.  And they were like, "aww, man sorry to sink you so quick".  But, I was like, "no worries.  There's no crying in baseball."

Good sportsmanship and an appreciation of a well played effort by ally or worthy adversary, eh?

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[KNCOL]
Members
799 posts
1,874 battles

Edited by Koogus

[SI-YC]
Beta Testers
3,301 posts
5,943 battles
8 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

Good sportsmanship and an appreciation of a well played effort by ally or worthy adversary, eh?

Just because you died once doesn't make it good sportsmanship to either dump on or spot to death an opponent who can't do anything to stop it 99% of time during 99% of games.

Just the opposite in fact.  The fact the WG finds that a lucrative market to exploit doesn't change the sportsmanship factor at all.  Quite the contrary in fact.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 1

[TFLT]
Members
281 posts
13,493 battles
1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

You have made a couple of mistakes.

First, you leveled too fast and once you got a tier 5 you were removed from the protected MM that new players get and tossed into the deep end. If you had stayed with tier 1 - 4 ships you would have stayed in the protected MM for 200 matches. You cannot get that protected status back unless you create a new account which would not be a problem because you have no premium ships. If you go that route stay below tier five until you feel you are ready to make the leap.

Second, you seem to have gone off you your own which DD's cannot afford to do in CV matches at least in the early stages. Watch the mini map to see where they are operating and go where they are not.

The good news on CV's is they are most common in tier 4 and are less and less common as the tiers go up. The bad news on CV's is as you go up the tiers you are more likely to run into really good CV players. Hang in there.

LOL...Protected MM is over very quickly. As for playing Tiers III and IV for a person that dosen't want to see CVs? Really?  I started an alt account and the Protected MM for "beginners" was over before I had my Phoenix. Regardless, I don't think I have played a Tier IV match since last Feb that didn't have 4 Carriers EVERY SINGLE GAME. As we all know Tiers III, IV and almost all V (except Texas....which really used to be a monster AA ship kind of the way my Fletcher used to be a monster AA ship) have zero or barely any AA defense (not that anyone really has any effective AA today except a tiny handfull of ships like the new EU DDs at Tier IX and X and a few other ships).

Telling a player to go play Tier III and IV to avoid  CV harassment is like telling someone to go swimming in the Amazon to avoid Piranha. 

There is really nowhere to go to avoid it except don't play. It's particularly bad in the lowest tiers. Having just gone through starting another account I find it laughable when people point to protected MM. You lose it well before 100 games though I didn't note exactly when it left. It's long gone before you hit the end of your first Tier 4 line. If a new player starts more than one line they will have no protection whatsoever for those additional lines trying to learn the game. 

I wont say CVs utterly ruined the game but they have made it much less fun for the vast majority of people that I know and talk to. Especially for Destroyer players. There is no counterplay except don't hit W. Turning  your ship so they only hit you for 25% of your HP instead of 50% isn't counterplay. It's damage mitigation. You can't hurt a CV. They kill nearly any DD at will in just a few runs with the fun new addition of Rocket Planes to the game.

• Cool 5

[TMS]
Members
3,379 posts
33,824 battles
3 minutes ago, CyberKnife said:

LOL...Protected MM is over very quickly. As for playing Tiers III and IV for a person that dosen't want to see CVs? Really?  I started an alt account and the Protected MM for "beginners" was over before I had my Phoenix. Regardless, I don't think I have played a Tier IV match since last Feb that didn't have 4 Carriers EVERY SINGLE GAME. As we all know Tiers III, IV and almost all V (except Texas....which really used to be a monster AA ship kind of the way my Fletcher used to be a monster AA ship) have zero or barely any AA defense (not that anyone really has any effective AA today except a tiny handfull of ships like the new EU DDs at Tier IX and X and a few other ships).

Telling a player to go play Tier III and IV to avoid  CV harassment is like telling someone to go swimming in the Amazon to avoid Piranha. 

There is really nowhere to go to avoid it except don't play. It's particularly bad in the lowest tiers. Having just gone through starting another account I find it laughable when people point to protected MM. You lose it well before 100 games though I didn't note exactly when it left. It's long gone before you hit the end of your first Tier 4 line. If a new player starts more than one line they will have no protection whatsoever for those additional lines trying to learn the game. 

I wont say CVs utterly ruined the game but they have made it much less fun for the vast majority of people that I know and talk to. Especially for Destroyer players. There is no counterplay except don't hit W. Turning  your ship so they only hit you for 25% of your HP instead of 50% isn't counterplay. It's damage mitigation. You can't hurt a CV. They kill nearly any DD at will in just a few runs with the fun new addition of Rocket Planes to the game.

+1

• Cool 1

[RDS-A]
Beta Testers
278 posts
8,160 battles
7 minutes ago, CyberKnife said:

100% agree with you

Trying to talk to people that defend cv's is a waste of time, Most of them have terrible stats to the point i'm shocked they even figured out how to click battle let alone know how to play the game or what is healthy for the game.

I tried to gets some friends into the game from work.. they did'nt last to long they got sick of the 4-6 cv's per game very quick.

Edited by EraserNZ1
  • Cool 3

[TFLT]
Members
281 posts
13,493 battles
5 minutes ago, EraserNZ1 said:

100% agree with you

Trying to talk to people that defend cv's is a waste of time, Most of them have terrible stats to the point i'm shocked they even figured out how to click battle let alone know how to play the game or what is healthy for the game.

I tried to gets some friends into the game from work.. they did'nt last to long they got sick of the 4-6 cv's per game very quick.

Yea...If the low tiers were like they are now when I started I wouldn't be playing today. I really enjoyed St Louis, Phoenix, Bogy, Svetlana, Mermansk and used to crush with the Marblehead (prior to the AFT nerf...it's garbage now). That was as a brand new player in Open Beta through the first year. Spent a lot of time at III, IV and V grinding the various lines. 

I was so excited to start another account and play those great ships again. I think I quit in utter frustration after getting to Omaha in one single line. Low tiers it shouldn't be called World of Warships. It should be called World of CV Harassment. 4 CVs every game and not one player on either team has any tools whatsoever to deal with them. A previously amazing ship like St Louis is now just a fat, slow, no AA having XP pinata for CV players. 

If a vet who knows the game very well can't stomach the play imagine how frustrating it is for new players? Brutal. I really do feel sorry for new players. Like this OP...there's nothing you can tell them to help. There is no counterplay for CV's and that isn't a balans issue or a mistake. It's working as intended. I quit recommending this game to my friends. For some reason WeeGee is determined to promote this one class at the expense of every other. They buffed CVs to God Tier and at the same time effectively removed AA from the game as a counter to planes.

• Cool 4