BladedPheonix

I've tested positive for covid 19, but am all right!

24 comments in this topic

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,520 battles

Howdy sailors!

so for the past 2 weeks I felt really bad and didn't know why. I had really bad congestion, fever, and  bunch of other nasty stuff.:Smile_amazed: so Tuesday I got tested and was told it take a few days to confirm.

well. I got the call today and well

I  tested positive:cap_fainting:

HOWEVER!

I'm doing OK, and received some meds to help me through this challenge life has handed me. :Smile_Default:

I''d also like to give some advice for people who might also have it or think they're starting to get covid. 

I'm not a doctor but these 3 things have been helping me through the ordeal and figured I'd share. 

Pedialight (think i spelled that right) is your friend. it will keep you hydrated, replace electralights and it has zinc in it which my doctor says kovid hates. 

applesauce/apples: apples best fruit out there. Now i prefer applesauce cause its easier to eat and if your throat is hurting its easier to get down!

Spoiler

pears : the send best fruit out there it has a lot of benifits and it also can increase your white bloodcells which will make fighting the virus easier!

Spoiler

anyways, I hope you all stay safe and healthy

and until next time......

I'll C'ya on the Sea!:cap_look:

• Cool 4
  • Meh 1

[MUDDX]
Banned
429 posts
1,111 battles

@BladedPheonix Well that is good to hear. I just got out of isolation for 14 days after only 6 Monday because a test 2 weeks ago was a false positive. Surprised the hell out of me since I live in a nursing home, all staff and residents have been tested weekly and no visitors allowed for months. Unlike you though I was never ill, no symptoms at all not even a sniffle. 

Do all you can and get well soon!

o7 !

[O_O]
Members
7,038 posts
17,380 battles
29 minutes ago, 1Sherman said:

You should have worn a mask.

The cloth masks that everyone is wearing so they can feel like they are in some form of control...don't do anything to protect you from COVID-19 or stop you from spreading it.  In fact, with how I see most people 'caring' for these masks they are sticking over their mouths and noses everyday, they are probably more of a threat than if you hadn't worn one at all.

• Cool 1
  • Meh 3

Alpha Tester
6,679 posts
3,338 battles
54 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

The cloth masks that everyone is wearing so they can feel like they are in some form of control...don't do anything to protect you from COVID-19 or stop you from spreading it.  In fact, with how I see most people 'caring' for these masks they are sticking over their mouths and noses everyday, they are probably more of a threat than if you hadn't worn one at all.

It's actually been proven that masks stop the spread of the disease. If you ignore the science and get sick, it's your own fault. Take your victim complex and educate yourself before you try to take a seat at the adult table next time, lest you become vulnerable to people using your own sig against you.

• Thanks 2
  • Boring 1

[TSG4]
[TSG4]
Volunteer Moderator
3,461 posts
17,530 battles

ppssshh, i will take care of your account for you!! :cap_yes:

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,326 posts
14,923 battles
56 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

They do help in protecting yourself but the real reason for wearing them is to trap moisture from your breath and talking which carries the virus if you have it. They do an excellent job with that.

• Cool 2

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,463 posts
23,825 battles

Get well quick @BladedPheonix! Enjoy your apples, pears, and Pedialyte - the nectar of the gods...

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,613 posts
13,182 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Many of the masks people wear do very little if anything, and there's many masks available that do quite a good job at protecting others, which is the whole point of wearing the mask in the first place.  Supposedly, a good test of a mask is to see if you can blow out a candle right in front of the mask through it. If you can, the mask is useless, if you can't, it's working as intended.

Just got to read the "Revised Mask Guidelines and Requirements" from one of my company's primary customers. I've seen what people have been using, and can read between the lines and see that the customer is clamping down on their own stupid employees and contractors that are "wearing masks that serve no other purpose other than to fulfill the requirement of wearing a mask". The basics of the requirements are that the mask is made from multiple layers of cloth, fits over both the nose and mouth, and that you cannot shine a light through it. Bandannas and other questionable types were forbidden. 

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[NEMO]
Members
901 posts
3,955 battles
2 hours ago, 1Sherman said:

You should have worn a mask.

masks are useless, I had a mask on when I walked into Tim Horton's in High River for a cup of coffee, I got it and left wore a mask the whole time, and drank it in the truck m=with dad on the way home, three days later I felt like cows trampled on me, the doctor tested me and said I had the Wuhan virus, the only place I don't wear a mask is at home on our property, the migrant workers dad hires are staying too, because they don't want to bring the virus here, and I know I didn't get it from a cow, they are all vaccinated against corona viruses with the Bovine Corona Virus vaccine

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,829 battles
3 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

I  tested positive

Sorry to hear that, my best wishes on your speedy recovery at the earliest possible date.

27 minutes ago, Khafni said:

apples, pears, and Pedialyte

Oh yeah! THAT'S a PARTY!!

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,326 posts
14,923 battles
21 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Many of the masks people wear do very little if anything, and there's many masks available that do quite a good job at protecting others, which is the whole point of wearing the mask in the first place.  Supposedly, a good test of a mask is to see if you can blow out a candle right in front of the mask through it. If you can, the mask is useless, if you can't, it's working as intended.

Just got to read the "Revised Mask Guidelines and Requirements" from one of my company's primary customers. I've seen what people have been using, and can read between the lines and see that the customer is clamping down on their own stupid employees and contractors that are "wearing masks that serve no other purpose other than to fulfill the requirement of wearing a mask". The basics of the requirements are that the mask is made from multiple layers of cloth, fits over both the nose and mouth, and that you cannot shine a light through it. Bandannas and other questionable types were forbidden. 

Yeah, the neck gaiters that runners like actually make the water droplets smaller so they stay airborne longer.

If you need to sneeze or cough even if you are wearing a mask treat it the same as you would if you weren't, the masks not for sneezing and coughing.

3 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

masks are useless, I had a mask on when I walked into Tim Horton's in High River for a cup of coffee, I got it and left wore a mask the whole time, and drank it in the truck m=with dad on the way home, three days later I felt like cows trampled on me, the doctor tested me and said I had the Wuhan virus, the only place I don't wear a mask is at home on our property, the migrant workers dad hires are staying too, because they don't want to bring the virus here, and I know I didn't get it from a cow, they are all vaccinated against corona viruses with the Bovine Corona Virus vaccine

Masks are not useless, they slow down the spread, and your wearing that mask on that Tim Horton's stop may have protected others. Just like with a cold or the flu you are contagious for a time before you realize that you are sick.

• Cool 1

[HC]
[HC]
Beta Testers
3,613 posts
13,182 battles
22 minutes ago, wolfkind252 said:

Unfortunately, wearing a mask doesn't keep you from getting sick. It's to keep someone who is infected from getting others sick. Your health is in the hands of others, something to think about when you see someone walking around with their mask covering only their beard, and not anything that's remotely helpful. That's also the same kind of person that's gonna go out for coffee (or to work) while infected with who knows what to share it around.

Edited by SgtBeltfed

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
28,326 posts
14,923 battles
6 minutes ago, SgtBeltfed said:

Unfortunately, wearing a mask doesn't keep you from getting sick. It's to keep someone who is infected from getting others sick. Your health is in the hands of others, something to think about when you see someone walking around with their mask covering only their beard, and not anything that's remotely helpful. That's also the same kind of person that's gonna go out for coffee (or to work) while infected with who knows what to share it around.

Actually an N95 when properly fitted will protect you but the average person is unlikely to know how to fit them correctly.

• Cool 1

[USAGW]
Members
8 posts
2,130 battles

:Smile_sad:I took all the precautions, wore gloves, mask and limited my contact with the public at work. I ended up getting it from a fellow supervisor and was on a respirator for 2 weeks. 

Stay Safe!

• Sad 1

[V_V_V]
Members
1,068 posts
17,690 battles
6 minutes ago, FLLPounder1050 said:

I ended up getting it from a fellow supervisor and was on a respirator for 2 weeks. 

You mean ventilator?

[WORX]
Members
13,245 posts
20,109 battles

This is a touchy subject.. Here are the numbers as of today (attacking this subject from the Math side analytics POV),

As of the date of this posting. (up to the min Numbers).

The current mortality rate for the world,

• 3,292 per 100k of case population. (this is not a population of a city, its how many people infected with the virus).
  • This is a %3.5 mortality rate. Globally

The Mortality rate for the US,

• 3028 Per 100k of case population (this is not a population of a city, its how many people infected with the virus).
  • This is a %3 mortality rate in the US alone.

The mortality rate for Canada,

• 6908 Per 100k of case population (this is not a population of a city, its how many people infected with the virus).
  • This is a nearly %7 mortality rate in Canada Alone.

Other fun facts about the number of cases.

• It use to take about 11 plus days to reach a million cases.. (this was around the 4 million reported cases)
    • Now, we fly pass 1 million cases in 3 days
    • It took 41 days to double the number of cases.. From 10 million cases to 20 million cases
    • IF everything goes smoothly, Will beat that number and go 10 million cases ever month or roughly 31 days.
    • We're currently at the 300+ daily avg for the virus.

Mask

The use of mask is not only recommended, but as a numbers guy.. I rather take a less then %10 chance of contracting the virus (as per the CDC and WHO have stated). Then not wearing one, which is over %20 chance. 

What I conclude with the numbers is simple... Nothing, I do mean nothing will prevent this virus from spreading in a population. The spread rate is worse then the measles, Wearing a mask reduces that chance of getting it significantly.  Then wear it. Keep in mind, nothing is a guaranteed zero percent prevention for this virus. 

Alcohol wipes

Wipes with alcohol are your best friend... Wash your hands constantly.

Fighting the virus (I am not a doc, I go by YT videos of the survivors).

I recommend a few things

• Oximeter
    • In case your O2 lvls drop below %85... You need to head to the ER fast.
  • Tylenol 
    • Costco size
  • Hot fluids
    • Coffee, Tea, soups, stews If its hot and its in liquid form. Drink a lot of it as you can.
  • Exercise
    • Run, walk are preferred for an hr minimum. If you cant do an hour, work up to it...
      • HR above 140 preferred, older age people between 100 BPM to 140 BPM
        • Staying still will drown your lungs.

Consider this as a PSA for your information for survival. I monitor this situation on a daily basis... IF any radical chances happens, I am on it...

@BladedPheonix

Get well soon. IF you have any survival addendum to how you over come the virus... By all means send me a PM to pass it along to others... 

You're not alone...

BTW

Recovery time varies based on viral load.. It may take as much as 6 months to recover, or as little as 2 weeks.

The lingering life changing affects are unknown at this time (this goes for losing taste and smell.)

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Cool 2

Alpha Tester
6,679 posts
3,338 battles
2 hours ago, wolfkind252 said:

What happened there is like what @BrushWolf said. You contracted it earlier from someone else and it sat around asymptomatically for a while. You wearing a mask prevented it from spreading to other people. In this case, you'd do well to remember Spock's dying words from Star Trek II: Wrath of Khan: "The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one."

1 hour ago, BrushWolf said:

Actually an N95 when properly fitted will protect you but the average person is unlikely to know how to fit them correctly.

1709780879_tenor(4).gif.ef001a338942702824a8ff5d358bc597.gif

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
9,821 posts
14,329 battles
7 hours ago, BladedPheonix said:

anyways, I hope you all stay safe and healthy

and until next time......

I'll C'ya on the Sea!:cap_look:

One more reminder that there are real people on the other side of the words on a computer screen.  :-)

Glad you're bearing the burden of the situation in a gallant manner.

Best wishes for a full recovery of your health.  :-)

• Cool 1

[FOXEH]
Alpha Tester
6,864 posts
17,520 battles
26 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

One more reminder that there are real people on the other side of the words on a computer screen.  :-)

Glad you're bearing the burden of the situation in a gallant manner.

Best wishes for a full recovery of your health.  :-)

Ithank you, your kind words are welcome.:fish_aqua:

[G-O-W]
Volunteer Moderator Coordinator, Supertester, Privateers
1,516 posts
16,734 battles

We hope that you recover quickly and fully from this virus, @BladedPheonix. Many thanks to @Navalpride33 for the informative post as well. 

That said, generally speaking, discussion of COVID-19 is not appropriate for the forum here.

Obviously no warnings to be given out to anyone :) I will leave this up as viewable, but lock it to further responses. 

Steady as she goes.

SuperTest Coordinator, Volunteer Moderator, Privateers
43 posts
207 battles

Hope you get better and god speed.

Keep an eye on yourself, have people check in on you every so often. We don't know what this virus does or how it works.

• Cool 1