You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VonSchoenvorts

Welcome to Tier X!...

33 comments in this topic

Banned
120 posts
11,462 battles

You know it takes awhile to make it to the top of the mountain sometimes, but the one thing that drives you to put the effort into obtaining tier X ships is the knowledge that you will have the best the line has to offer. Then you get there, finally, and how does WG reward your effort?...By throwing you into nothing but straight tier X matches over and over and over again. What is the point of having the best ship if all you face MOST of the time are equal or superior opponents? I'm not saying I don't want to face tier X ships, but it would be nice to be able to smash lower tier ships like I was smashed by tier X's on a regular basis in my tier VIII and IX ships. Tier X is really the only tier where most of your matches are only one tier across the board and that is stupid in my opinion. It would be nice if WG expanded the new asymmetric battle mode to include tier X ships.

tenor.gif?itemid=8545139

• Boring 4
  • Meh 3

[-TRM-]
[-TRM-]
Members
3,456 posts

When I see a giant His Nibs the 100K hull Monarch I see it not as a fearsome ship of war that can delete me in one salvo (Poor Neptune comes to mind) I see it as a chance to add to my pitiful damage count. And start farming. In some ships I get predatory knowing I can even crit the damn thing.

With that said, Once in a while in TX I run into players who are not about to be falling into some trap or be... *Hunts for words lured into a situation they know they wont survive. The devil is in the details.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
454 posts
10,425 battles

With the player win average at tier 10 I rarely see superiour opponent, often its which team is less bad :cap_old:   
just work on mastery of the tier 10 ship and improve yourself more  you'll find often its not the equal tiers that win/loses matches but player skill and ship line ups

Back in the 2015 days I would just bring t2 or t5 dd into t10 just because they were as competitieve or even better then the other T10 DDs so not sure how new game mode would fix you getting wrecked in the tier

Members
886 posts
220 battles
1 hour ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

You know it takes awhile to make it to the top of the mountain sometimes, but the one thing that drives you to put the effort into obtaining tier X ships is the knowledge that you will have the best the line has to offer. Then you get there, finally, and how does WG reward your effort?...By throwing you into nothing but straight tier X matches over and over and over again. What is the point of having the best ship if all you face MOST of the time are equal or superior opponents? I'm not saying I don't want to face tier X ships, but it would be nice to be able to smash lower tier ships like I was smashed by tier X's on a regular basis in my tier VIII and IX ships. Tier X is really the only tier where most of your matches are only one tier across the board and that is stupid in my opinion. It would be nice if WG expanded the new asymmetric battle mode to include tier X ships.

tenor.gif?itemid=8545139

News Flash!

Secondary builds don't work at tier X

[FML]
Members
4,186 posts
16,206 battles
2 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

The reason you get only T10 matches is because MM hates you.  And remember, MM hates only you - noone else.  The rest of us are fine.  And that you want to smack ships two tiers lower than you is pretty sad, tbh.  

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1
  • Boring 1

[KWF]
Members
6,410 posts
7,154 battles

With few exceptions the game doesn't really satisfy power fantasies. If your only reason for grinding to tier X was to stomp on tier VIIIs-IXs you will be sorely disappointed.

• Cool 2

[D-DAY]
Members
6,992 posts

The scope of tiers a Tier X ship is likely to play in is well documented (VIII-X); of course you are at the mercy of the server population and who is playing what, but I am surprised this would come as a surprise to anyone who plays the game. It's on the Wiki Battle Mechanics page.

Edited by _WaveRider_

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
815 posts

Finally, Tier 10!  Where all the worst players in the game congregate to die.

• Funny 1
  • Haha 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
13,197 posts
1 hour ago, warheart1992 said:

With few exceptions the game doesn't really satisfy power fantasies. If your only reason for grinding to tier X was to stomp on tier VIIIs-IXs you will be sorely disappointed.

Should have chosen carriers... :cap_haloween:

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
589 posts
13,221 battles
5 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

tenor.gif?itemid=8545139

If I read between the lines correctly you are saying you can't compete at tier 10 and want to only fight tier 8 ships while you are in a tier 10 ship.  There are even more people playing tier 10 right now to get super containers although I do that in Co-op to make sure I get a win.

[CHBK]
Members
1,042 posts
3,975 battles

Acquire a Guilo and be top tier even when you're bottom tier.  Then when you are literally top tier, you are a god.

I got that ship for coming back to the game, unfortunately I was really bad at the game at the time.  Now when I play it I feel like Oprah.  You get a dev strike, you get a dev strike EVERYONE GETS A DEV STRIKE!

I played a game last night and got reported for playing it by a salty Omaha player that backed up out from behind an island because he thought I was targeting the BB ahead of me.  Alas, no, I was looking at you the whole time, just not targeting you, allowing you to do the stupid.  Fired and didn't even look when the shells were on the way.  I knew the result before it happened.  BOOOOOOM! Then the message in chat complaining about stupid Guilio players seal clubbing.  It's like dude, any BB could have done that to you, and you decided to back up slowly broadside to a broken over powered ship.

Edited by Taco_De_Moist
  • Cool 1

[FORM]
Members
2,387 posts
13,548 battles
5 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

It would be nice if WG expanded the new asymmetric battle mode to include tier X ships.

It is interesting how the MM tweak has resulted in many pure 10 matches. Personally I like it, though I do also hope they expand the Asym mode too. One thing I'd like to see in the Asym is just a greater mix of ships. Like say 8 ships that are 8&9 vs 12 ships 6/7 with 1 Tier 10 on the smaller ship side. Of course if that 10 is bad it'd hurt a lot, but I'm sure there would be some way to balans it well enough. 

• Cool 1

Banned
120 posts
11,462 battles
9 hours ago, UltimateNewbie said:

The reason you get only T10 matches is because MM hates you.  And remember, MM hates only you - noone else.  The rest of us are fine.  And that you want to smack ships two tiers lower than you is pretty sad, tbh.  

I sometimes wonder is the MM hates me. Why is it sad if I enjoy having a better ship than others?

Banned
120 posts
11,462 battles
6 hours ago, RipNuN2 said:

So you're complaining about a tier that is guaranteed to be top tier everytime? 

No, I'm complaining about being bottom tier every time.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,672 posts
10,473 battles

I sometimes wonder is the MM hates me. Why is it sad if I enjoy having a better ship than others?

I don't see anything wrong with being the windshield, as long as you're being the bug at times to offset it.

But if you want to be the windshield all the time, without being the bug at all, yeah, I see that as wrong, because you're subjecting others to something you don't want to be subjected to yourself.

[HINON]
Members
14,219 posts

Then you have a typo in your original post as that isn't T10.

[WOLFG]
Members
33,672 posts
10,473 battles

You're getting beat up by T12 ships?

• Haha 1

[FML]
Members
4,186 posts
16,206 battles
2 hours ago, VonSchoenvorts said:

Because beating up on the little guy is what bullies do. 

I suppose it’s better that you do it in this game than irl I suppose...

Members
1,797 posts
5,635 battles
9 hours ago, Taco_De_Moist said:

Acquire a Guilo and be top tier even when you're bottom tier.  Then when you are literally top tier, you are a god.

I got that ship for coming back to the game, unfortunately I was really bad at the game at the time.  Now when I play it I feel like Oprah.  You get a dev strike, you get a dev strike EVERYONE GETS A DEV STRIKE!

I played a game last night and got reported for playing it by a salty Omaha player that backed up out from behind an island because he thought I was targeting the BB ahead of me.  Alas, no, I was looking at you the whole time, just not targeting you, allowing you to do the stupid.  Fired and didn't even look when the shells were on the way.  I knew the result before it happened.  BOOOOOOM! Then the message in chat complaining about stupid Guilio players seal clubbing.  It's like dude, any BB could have done that to you, and you decided to back up slowly broadside to a broken over powered ship.

Same...guess I need to sail it more. I can’t get a Dev Strike lately with anything but torps to save my life. I suppose my aim must be a pixel or two off...the number of times I got excited sending a salvo only to get a handful of regular pens and over pens had been heart breaking. So many broadside ships have gone without punishment.

I’ve had better luck in T8 than 10 lately...just MM being MM, you never know what’s gonna be in your box of chocolates.

Members
935 posts
1,351 battles

I thought your complain was getting to the top tier to see camping teams mining damage from longest distances, no team play or support at all and no caps.

With the new campaign that's has missions for low tiers I am happy.

[BBICT]
Members
3,926 posts
4,243 battles

I finished three lines mostly for Clan wars...and I've played all of two games, lol. That and my 12 year old self kept telling me to get the big guns to be the bully for once in my life...I never did feel like I was biggest thug on the playground. Maybe I'm doing it wrong?