You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HrimfaxiCaptain

The Future of Asymmetric Battles: Different Tier Spread Ideas for Future Updates

2 comments in this topic

Members
9 posts
8,048 battles

I currently like Asymmetric Battles as it is, but I do have some recommendations to improve it or at least make it more interesting. The most important, currently, is changing up the tier spreads for future patches. Currently we have tiers 5-6 vs 7-8. While we could see any combination of tiers in the future, I am most excited for a possible tier spread including even lower tier ships. I would suggest the following spreads most seriously: 4-5 vs 6-7, 4-6 vs 7-8. As for more interesting but less serious suggestions, I would recommend: 3-4 vs 5-6, 1 or 2-4 vs 5-6, and 1-5 or 6 vs 6 or 7-7 or 8. These spreads have the following advantages: giving players more variety options when picking ships, giving tier 4 and lower ships a chance to see/challenge themselves against ships outside their normally constricted matchmaking, and the higher tier team a better chance at winning (because currently they are frequently burned down very quickly by HE spam from all ships). I am a big fan of tiers 2-4, but dislike the restricted matchmaking. I would like to give my Yubari, Ishizuchi, Konig Albert, Kawachi, and Mikasa a chance to face something more challenging. And I know there are probably players out there who would love to meme rush a tier 6-8 BB in a V-25. 

As a side note, I would also suggest removing bits from this mode. If I wanted to fight bots, I could do it in the training room. 

What do you guys think? 

0 posts

T5/6 vs T7/8 is fine. The current problem with the game mode is all the bots. It's glorified Coop. Not much fun, unfortunately.